French Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pate View Post
    I found his book enjoyable, sort of an insider's wish list where the chef was the hero
    I'm afraid that like Gordon Ramsay I treat him as an entertainer rather than a serious chef, Pate! :)

Originally posted by pate View Post
    Butter is actually more healthy for you than margarine...
    Ah, you chefs, instead of doing the socially responsible thing by recommending we substitute olive or canola oil, or avoid butter based dishes altogether, you say that sort of thing! ;)

Comment

Mental health is far more important than physical health. And butter is vital to mental health.
      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by clackers View Post
        I'm afraid that like Gordon Ramsay I treat him as an entertainer rather than a serious chef, Pate! :)

Ah, you chefs, instead of doing the socially responsible thing by recommending we substitute olive or canola oil, or avoid butter based dishes altogether, you say that sort of thing! ;)
        Is Gordon Ramsay the asshat that has that Hell's Kitchen show? 'Cuz if he is, yeah, he's an entertainer, I don't think any even a lowly cook would put up with that guy. I'm sure he pitched that show to whatever network carries it after he got tired of trying to run a kitchen all by himself. As fake as Emeril Aggassi (however you spell that New York fake-cajun's name...)

On that note, chefs by nature are not socially responsible animals, if they were they'd be waiters or waitresses... Think about it; Fois gras (or gros), we take a goose, force feed it to death, then chop out its liver and cook it in butter, and drizzle a little healthy fruit reduction or something on top, and then feed it to our innocent victimes, er, guests... Muahaha!!:))

Comment

Working...
        X