This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name four men and a clan.

A chant, a calendar, an actor, a historian saint, of Scotland.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

ok I got an actor (dick gregory) , a saint (Pope Saint Gregory I) , clan (MacGregors) and a calender (Gregorian Calender) (that made it very easy..there arent that many) but I am helpless when ot comes to chant..Do you mean a Song? A poem? Prayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
        ok I got an actor (dick gregory) , a saint (Pope Saint Gregory I) , clan (MacGregors) and a calender (Gregorian Calender) (that made it very easy..there arent that many) but I am helpless when ot comes to chant..Do you mean a Song? A poem? Prayer?
        A gregorian chant Tarek;)
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

a damn..I though "chant" only refers to stuff like the people shout during football machtes or similar...that what you are talking about is called "Chorus" here. (And I was handicapped by being Lutheran *g*)

Comment

a damn..I though "chant" only refers to stuff like the people shout during football machtes or similar...that what you are talking about is called "Chorus" here. (And I was handicapped by being Lutheran *g*)
            I still say you should get credit here....what do you think Duke?Tarek's turn?
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Wrong on the actor and the historian saint.

I'll give two clues.

Something a chicken does and Martel's battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                Wrong on the actor and the historian saint.

I'll give two clues.

Something a chicken does and Martel's battlefield.
                Gregory Peck and???

Comment

The historian saint from Martel's future battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                    The historian saint from Martel's future battlefield.
                    Saint Gregory of Tours(this is a last ditch attempt by sheer guesswork)
                    Last edited by Shamus; 19 Oct 07,, 02:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                      Saint Gregory of Tours(this is a last ditch attempt by sheer guesswork)
                      Bingo. Your question.

Comment

Name of Teddy Roosevelt's first published book.

Comment

Name of Teddy Roosevelt's first published book.
                          This one is too vague I think...the answer is The Naval War of 1812.

New Question:Who did Teddy consider"Perhaps the most incapable Executive that ever filled the presidential chair....."?

Comment

jefferson or adams..I would have to look it up to find out which one. Had something to do with military spending I think.

Comment

This one is too vague I think...the answer is The Naval War of 1812.

New Question:Who did Teddy consider"Perhaps the most incapable Executive that ever filled the presidential chair....."?
                              Ok fine,here's the quote in its' entirety "Perhaps the most incapable Executive that ever filled the presidential chair......it would be difficult to imagine a man less fit to guide the state with honor and safety through the stormy times that marked the opening of the present century" 19th century that is....;)

Comment

jefferson or adams..I would have to look it up to find out which one. Had something to do with military spending I think.
                                I'll give it to you Tarek because I'm confident you'll find it.It was Thomas Jefferson.....Teddy was incensed at the shape TJ and Madison left the American Navy in.He felt that witha strong Navy the War of 1812 might not have even had to be fought.Your question bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X