• Show
Clear All

• Correct. Your turn!
    My Mantra
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by iar1 View Post
      Correct. Your turn!
      Another question related to the Lesser Moghuls then, name these brothers who rose through the ranks of nobility to become the real power behind the throne during the reign of Aurangzeb's successors.
      When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
        Another question related to the Lesser Moghuls then, name these brothers who rose through the ranks of nobility to become the real power behind the throne during the reign of Aurangzeb's successors.
        Jahan??

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
          Jahan??
          Nope, might I add that these brothers were considered descendents of Prophet Muhammad which added to their prestige and power?

Comment

• Meant the Sayyid brothers, open question.

Comment

• Name the individual that stood in the snow for 3 days to be pardoned by the pope(name the pope as well)!

Hint: Bismarck said that they would never again go to ............!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
                Name the individual that stood in the snow for 3 days to be pardoned by the pope(name the pope as well)!

Hint: Bismarck said that they would never again go to ............!
                Emperor Henry IV, Pope Gregory VII

Comment

• Correct. Your question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
                    Correct. Your question.
                    I had to google-fu as I didn't get the hint though, would you please expand on it?

Comment

• Which Ahom king gave his royal umbrella and royal insignia to his consorts and proclaimed them Big King and why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
                        I had to google-fu as I didn't get the hint though, would you please expand on it?

Bismarck stated that "never again will we go to Canossa". It was during the Kulturkampf.

Comment

• Gang nach Canossa in german - open humiliation.
                          If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

• since this thread has been bit slow lately -

In Soviet mil. history there was one very important* battle in 1918, during which soviet commander went missing and re-appeared only month later 2000 km.s away. Which battle and who is the ´commander´. :)

* - important as it is considered as birthday of a certain organization.

Comment

• BD reply

The ''battle'' of Narva and comrade Dybenko.
                              Those who know don't speak
                              He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• On February 18, 1918, the German army advanced towards Petrograd. The Lenin-Trotsky government sent Dybenko to defend Petrograd by the force of the Baltic Fleet. The later communist propaganda claimed that revolutionary mariners achieved a great victory there on February 23, 1918. February 23 was declared "The birthday of the Red Army". This day is celebrated in Russia and Ukraine to this day as a national holiday. A special military decoration, "20 years to the Soviet Army" was instituted for this occasion in February 1938. However, this medal was never given to Dybenko himself.
                                Alexandra Kollontai, People's Comissar Social affairs, Dybenko's wife 1917-1922

The truth is that Dybenko and his mariners, fled the field. According to the memoirs of Bonch-Bruyevich, [4] the mariners came by a barrel of pure alcohol and feasted on it. Their whereabouts were unknown for at least a month. Lenin wrote in his famous article on 25 February, 1918, in Pravda evening edition: A lesson humiliating but neccessarry : Refused to fight,... refused to defend the Narva line, ...failed to destroy everything as they retreated...[5]

Lenin added: From the point of view of the defence of the fatherland it would be a crime to enter into an armed conflict with an infinitely superior and well-prepared enemy when we obviously have no army. ... implying that Dybenko and his mariners definitely were not an army.

Pavel Dybenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                that was very quick. i thought it would be little harder. Most impressed.

your question.

Comment

Working...
                                X