Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72

Thread: Astralis joins the dark side . . .

  1. #1
    Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Shek's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 05
    Location
    Krblachistan
    Posts
    11,570

    Astralis joins the dark side . . .

    I'm pleased to announce that Astralis has joined the dark side, um, I mean the staff of the World Affairs Board as a global moderator. I'd like to offer my congratulations and thanks to him, both for his past contributions to the board and also for the time and effort that will come with his new found powers ).
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

  2. #2
    Banned Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Jan 06
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Shek View Post
    I'm pleased to announce that Astralis has joined the dark side, um, I mean the staff of the World Affairs Board as a global moderator. I'd like to offer my congratulations and thanks to him, both for his past contributions to the board and also for the time and effort that will come with his new found powers ).
    Well done !!!

  3. #3
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    15 Sep 06
    Posts
    6,755
    Surely not Astralis!
    Why? He seems much too balanced and moderate compared with the ones already foisted upon us. Now I have to regard him as 'one of them' and not 'one of us'. Does he even want to sip from the poisoned chalice, we ask ourselves?
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

  4. #4
    Officer of Engineers
    Guest
    You people have no idea how much we welcome another hand at cleaning this place. Astralis, mop and broom is in the closet and don't forget to clean the toilet. Tophatter's cheetos is just fouled.

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Dirty Kiwi
    Parihaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Wellington, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    18,147
    Quote Originally Posted by glyn View Post
    Surely not Astralis!
    Why? He seems much too balanced and moderate compared with the ones already foisted upon us. Now I have to regard him as 'one of them' and not 'one of us'. Does he even want to sip from the poisoned chalice, we ask ourselves?
    Alas for Astralis, the innocent seeming trail of cheetos lead farther and farther into the woods. Dark half-seen shapes muttered and chuckled in the bilious light of a near-dead moon; gnarled and twisted fingers drumming a beat on the decayed logs.
    The fetid miasma of half rotted troll corpses laid a near palpable fog that swirled at waist-height in the damp hollow through which he tremulously inched.
    Suddenly, a dark forbidding green-skinned figure roaring insanely with rage approached through the gloom, accompanied by a small bird.
    "ello Astralis, found the Lubyanka room I see" chirped Parihaka, "don't mind TopHatter, he's just discovered his cheetos packet has a hole in it".
    "'ere's the keys to the Lenin room in the Trotsky wing, the cheeto pool and the bdsm wing. Never been in there meself seeing as how I'm the shy retiring type and Julie is somewhat ferocious, but as long as you stay away from the Colonels drink cabinet I'm sure he'll tell you a few stories. Executive washrooms is through the secret door third tree on your right, mind you don't trip over the houris."
    "oh, and before I forget, have a quick drink from this chalice like, help ward of the chill....."
    Last edited by Parihaka; 23 Jul 08, at 12:36.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility

    Gottfried Leibniz

  6. #6
    Senior Contributor Knaur Amarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Oct 07
    Location
    Punjab
    Posts
    3,259
    Well done , that man there )
    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning

  7. #7
    Military Professional
    Join Date
    15 Sep 06
    Posts
    6,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Alas for Astralis, the innocent seeming trail of cheetos lead farther and farther into the woods. Dark half-seen shapes muttered and chuckled in the bilious light of a near-dead moon; gnarled and twisted fingers drumming a beat on the decayed logs.
    The fetid miasma of half rotted troll corpses laid a near palpable fog that swirled at waist-height in the damp hollow through which he tremulously inched.
    Suddenly, a dark forbidding green-skinned figure roaring insanely with rage approached through the gloom, accompanied by a small bird.
    "ello Astralis, found the Lubyanka room I see" chirped Parihaka, "don't mind TopHatter, he's just discovered his cheetos packet has a hole in it".
    "'ere's the keys to the Lenin room in the Trotsky wing, the cheeto pool and the bdsm wing. Never been in there meself seeing as how I'm the shy retiring type and Julie is somewhat ferocious, but as long as you stay away from the Colonels drink cabinet I'm sure he'll tell you a few stories. Executive washrooms is through the secret door third tree on your right, mind you don't trip over the houris."
    "oh, and before I forget, have a quick drink from this chalice like, help ward of the chill....."
    Now that has the ring of truth!
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

  8. #8
    BD1
    BD1 is offline
    Seńor Contributor Senior Contributor BD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Nov 06
    Location
    estonia
    Posts
    2,832
    Congratulations ! And could you describe the initiation ceremony - is it true that you had to wear only one sock and had to recite the real forum rules backwards while your head was spinning while the old ones were chanting ?
    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

    Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Devil's Advocate
    ArmchairGeneral's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 May 06
    Location
    Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Alas for Astralis, the innocent seeming trail of cheetos lead farther and farther into the woods...
    ROFLOL! ))) Bloody brilliant.
    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

  10. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    02 Jun 08
    Posts
    43

    Damn.....

    Looks like they let just anyone become a moderator these days.........(Bad enough that ironically a Kiwi is a moderator on a Defence oriented forum! :P)









    Only joking! Congrats.

    Brett.

  11. #11
    Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    Join Date
    23 Aug 05
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    11,048
    oh lord, what have i got myself into...

    a cheetos trail running into a swamp, green-skinned kiwis, bdsm wings, lenin rooms and toilet cleaning....

    sounds like a nasty porn film to me, House of Ho-rrors XXIV ? and all this time i thought i was going into a respek'able job
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."¯- Isaac Asimov

  12. #12
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    14,463
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    oh lord, what have i got myself into...
    Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

  13. #13
    WAB Cautioner of Poo Senior Contributor Debbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Nov 06
    Location
    Prairie Biscuit, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,026
    Congrats!
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

  14. #14
    Military Professional sappersgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 06
    Location
    Latitude 38 Longitude 112
    Posts
    4,118
    Congratulations Astralis!
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

  15. #15
    WAB Resident Historian Senior Contributor Kansas Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Jul 06
    Location
    Talisker distillery
    Posts
    1,705
    Congrats, Astralis!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. F-22, stuff you should know
    By Rusky in forum Military Aviation
    Replies: 275
    Last Post: 21 Sep 07,, 06:19
  2. Infiltration to be checked effectively; Concrete steps on Afghan side urged: NSC
    By Asim Aquil in forum Operation Enduring Freedom and Af-Pak
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20 Jan 07,, 07:40
  3. Torture: Coming to Terms with 'The Dark Side'
    By Bulgaroctonus in forum Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05 Dec 05,, 04:47
  4. Side of the road
    By Mt1 in forum World Affairs Board Pub
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20 Oct 05,, 12:06

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •