Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Israel does have the best pilots, but disagreeing with that opinion does not make him anti-Israel.
    Certainly not, but constantly disagreeing with everything and everyone that says Israel and Israelis have some merit and pouncing like a hungry tiger on Israeli debaters does, however. I've seen it several times, and have decided it to be a pattern. Call is 'Israeli Arrogance', if you want. ;)

No matter, though. I've grown use to that sort of thing. :)

Comment

I would have to say the Indian Air Force! ^_^ It's pretty cool how they push the MiG fighters to there extreme.
      Last edited by Grim Reaper; 14 Feb 06,, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by War Angel
        Officer of Engineers - you're anti-Israeli sentiments are clear and visible, throughout this board. I'd avise you to to tone it down, you know, for the sake of cultural debate. :)
        Blow it out your corn hole.

Comment

There should be a DACT exercise between Israel and India then

But forget the Mig vs US fighter thing, even if you have an inexperienced young Aussie pilot say, in an RAAF F-111, he's bound to beat the best USAF F-16 or F-18 pilot just because of his machine. So it's not just the better pilot, but the plane hes flying.

Comment

It doesn't really have to do with the plane that much, what if you put a n00bish pilot in a F-117a Nighthawk against a really top of the line pilot in maybe a MiG 23, I'd surely bet on the MiG 23 fighter to win. lol

Comment

what if you put a n00bish pilot in a F-117a Nighthawk against a really top of the line pilot in maybe a MiG 23, I'd surely bet on the MiG 23 fighter to win. lol
              ... and maybe also because the F-117 is an attack aircraft with no air-to-air capablities, and rather poor aerodynamic performance (when compared to fighters).

Comment

But forget the Mig vs US fighter thing, even if you have an inexperienced young Aussie pilot say, in an RAAF F-111, he's bound to beat the best USAF F-16 or F-18 pilot just because of his machine. So it's not just the better pilot, but the plane hes flying.
                WTF...
                To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
                  It doesn't really have to do with the plane that much, what if you put a n00bish pilot in a F-117a Nighthawk against a really top of the line pilot in maybe a MiG 23, I'd surely bet on the MiG 23 fighter to win. lol
                  If the engagement is at night, which is the F-117's preferred flying time, then that's probably wrong.

Still, if you're stupid enough to put a 'n00bish' pilot in what is still a pretty prized aircraft in the USAF inventory, you deserve to have him shot down.

Originally posted by Captain Drunk
                  I could have sworn the F111 is a bombtruck, not a multirole fighter like those two.

But who am I to argue with Captain Drunk?
                  HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by troung
                    WTF...
                    I'm thinking the same thing.....

Comment

Who the HELL voted for PAF?

This isn't "what's your favorite Air Force?".

Comment

Where the hell is the Cambodian air force?
                        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid
                          I could have sworn the F111 is a bombtruck, not a multirole fighter like those two.

But who am I to argue with Captain Drunk?
                          Now, was not the F-111 with its powerful radar and battery of long-range missiles intended to intercept both bombers and their missiles? Originally intended for the Navy as a fleet defender, it was supposed to perform tasks similar to the F-14. With the RAAF its a multipurpose fighter / bomber.

Comment

Mods... get rid of this moron...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Drunk
                              The best pilots would be the ones who fly the most sophisticated jets and since the USAF has stealths, US pilots come first, then Russian pilots and then Indian pilots as we got the best mix of hot shot Migs and Su MKIs
                              Lol
                              Dont be a fool with that comment......its well renound that A harrier jump jet is one of the hardest planes to control and fly.....only special pilots are selected from the RAF to fly the harriers...as regards to stealth planes and so forth most are computer guided and operated...!!!! the pilots skill level isnt comparable.!!
                              Just another point to make out about the RAF during the gulf war's...whilse most yanks were flying 20000-30000 feet and droping bombs...the RAF were flyin at 10000 and under doing the same job....!!

as for your other comment ''''''As for PAF pilots, I don’t think they’ve had much hands-on experience with sophisticated BVR long range missiles or Helmet Mounted Sights, avionics, etc., so I doubt their competitiveness.''''''

lol what are you on..???? yeah they still uses dials from world war 2 planes..!!!!
                              who many contries actulally have...??????

The Eurofighter is the only plane at the moment with the specific 'HUD' display items viewd on the pilots visor screen, amongst things he can target an enemy through his visor and send a voice activated command to fire a missile to the target..!!
                              Other planes with thss type of technology will be Raptor and JSF being that the HUD display system is Made by BAE systems for those planes as well...!!!

as for BVR how many air forces have True BVR....??? not many....most true BVR missile systems are still under test and will become inforced with new fighters....!! BVR is not just a matter of Missile...its also a matter of RADAR system..!!

Another 'not majour points but none the less valid'....One of the top Test flight pilots for the jsf...is a wing commander from the RAF...!! How many foreign natitionals have been able to join and train in TOP GUN in USA non that i know of (i can be wrong on this one so sorry if i am..!!) whilst a few British Pilots have gone through and passed...!!! During Gulf war there was a again a British wing commander Flying an F117...!!! Most say something about the RAF..!! which coinsidently is the oldest and original Flying Air corp as you yanks say..!!!

Also a worth of mention as to pilots/training/experience which are not mentioned are the greeks/turkish pilots.....There not bad....and are into dog fights between one another on a constant basis even in peace time between the two nations..!!!!
                              '**** fighting' between one another for national pride..!!!

Comment

'''''As for PAF pilots, I don’t think they’ve had much hands-on experience with sophisticated BVR long range missiles or Helmet Mounted Sights, avionics, etc., so I doubt their competitiveness.''''''

lol what are you on..???? yeah they still uses dials from world war 2 planes..!!!!
                                who many contries actulally have...??????

The Eurofighter is the only plane at the moment with the specific 'HUD' display items viewd on the pilots visor screen, amongst things he can target an enemy through his visor and send a voice activated command to fire a missile to the target..!!
                                Other planes with thss type of technology will be Raptor and JSF being that the HUD display system is Made by BAE systems for those planes as well...!!!

as for BVR how many air forces have True BVR....??? not many....most true BVR missile systems are still under test and will become inforced with new fighters....!! BVR is not just a matter of Missile...its also a matter of RADAR system..!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                My apollagise Captin Drunk.....just re-read your quote....thought you siad RAF....but as i can see you said PAF.....which i agree...!!!

Again my apologise...!!!
                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X