Pakistani attrocities in balochistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistani attrocities in balochistan

I wish to draw the attention of everyone to the ruthless pakistani operations being carried out to quell the uprising that has been been reignited in balochistan (a pakistani province).. About 25 years ago, Pakistan's Prime minister Benazir Bhutto supressed the uprising using brute military force.. However the struggle has recently revived due to the lack of basic human rights the Baloch ppl get in pakistan.

Here is a memoradum delivered to the UK parliament. Should welcome some debate :)

We, the British-Balochs and British-Sindhis, demand that Pakistan stop committing ongoing atrocities against our peoples in Pakistan. Over the last six months, Pakistan’s military and paramilitary forces have once again started a widespread operation using heavy air and ground artillery in various parts of Balochistan. This violent and illegal operation was started to suppress the legitimate demands of the Baloch people.

We also demand that Pakistan stop the construction of anti-environmental and anti-humanitarian projects in the provinces of Balochistan and Sindh. We have gathered here at 10 Downing Street to seek the support of the British public, Her Majesty’s Government, and the UK administration.

Most recently, the Balochs have demanded justice for a female physician who was gang raped in Balochistan by military officers. The Pakistani military has interfered with the investigation by threatening the local police who collected DNA and blood samples and by forcing the release of witnesses under interrogation. The military has responded to protests against this tyranny with characteristic brutality: they have shelled Baloch towns, bulldozed homes, and blocked the access of local Baloch to their traditional water supplies.

Pakistani military, in the past, has committed crimes against humanity by killings millions in Bangladesh and hundreds of thousands in Balochistan and Sindh. The proofs of these crimes are well recorded. The military-dominated establishment of Pakistan, coming from a narrow and minority ethnic base of Punjab want to create situation in Balochistan to start a widespread killing of the people. The Pakistani military want to punish the people of Balochistan and all other nations now living in Pakistan who want a rightful jurisdiction on their natural resources and a better political future. The civil world should not allow this to happen in 21st century. We, therefore, need your urgent attention, to stop Pakistani military committing atrocities against Baloch people and bringing down suffering to the people of Balochistan.

Balochistan and Sindh, currently the provinces of Pakistan, have long been the victims of their so called federal government’s violence and plunder. Pakistan exploits their natural resources, including their waters, gas, oil, and lands, in order to support its bloated military at the expense of the local people. The Pakistani government has been building a number of mega-dams that have drastically reduced the flow of water to Sindh, and they now propose to build another mega-dam that will further devastate Sindh’s agriculture and ecology. Pakistan has also encouraged demographic changes that threaten to reduce the Baloch and Sindhi people to a minority in their own provinces
    http://www.balochvoice.com/SBF/Memor...M_19_2_05.html

history of balochistan
    A brief history of Pakistani oppression against Baloch people

The People of Balochistan struggle for right of self-determination has its genesis in history and culture. Strongly believer of independent, the people of Balochistan have never accepted hegemony and domination of Pakistani establishment in any stage in 55 years history of Pakistan.

We Baloch never accepted alien domination of Punjabi supremacy. We have been engaged in a constant struggle for self governance since last 55 years which resulted in sever military operation by Pakistani Army in Balochistan and forced migration and displacement of thousands of Baloch’s to Afghanistan and other parts of the world.

Let me tell you the brief history of Pakistani oppression against Baloch people and our struggle against the tyrants.

This history begins when Balochistan was forcefully annexed to Pakistan though at that time Balochistan had its own Parliamentary system. It had its own House of Commons and House of Lords. Both the houses unanimously voted not to join Pakistan.

When Pakistan government couldn’t get the approval from the Baloch people’s representatives, they made an example in history by passing a resolution from Quetta Municipality majority (elected by settlers) to vote in favour of Balochistan’s annexation to Pakistan.

Physically it was not possible for Pakistan government to announce the annexation of Balochistan and make Balochistan a part of Pakistan just by the approval of Quetta Municipality. Another move Pakistan made was to break Kalat State in to four parts.

To exercise this plane Pakistan government deployed its naval forces on the coastline of Makaran (which was a part of Kalat State) and declared it as separate state, by appointing Nawab Bhai Khan as ruler of Makaran State, for declaring exaction to Pakistan. After the successful annexation of Makaran, Pakistan Government forced two other parts of Kalat, (Kharan and Lasbela) to join Pakistan as separate states. Ultimately Pakistan Army was sent to Kalat to suppress and kill those who opposed annexation of Balochistan to Pakistan.

In 1956 Governor General Sakinder Mirza dissolved all the states of Balochistan and declared them the part of West Pakistan as one unit.West Pakistan Assembly passed the resolution Against One Unit.

In 1958 President of Pakistan Sikandar Mirza, encouraged Khan of Kalat to demand restoration of Kalat State. When Khan of Kalat did it Sikandar Mirza declared Khan as traitor of Pakistan. On 8th of October 1958 Sikandar Mirza sent Pakistan troops to arrest Khan of Kalat with rest of family, suppressed the supporter and declared martial law in the hole of the country and Khan of Kalat was sent to Jail in Punjab.
    People started defying the Government for not implementing the anti one unit resolution and restoring back the status quo.

On 18th of December 1958 Army operation started in Jhalawan in Balochistan, many political activist and civilians were murdered by army. The operation continued for more then 2 years.

Nawab Nouroz Khan with his sons and comrades took to hills and were fighting against the army. He was ultimately tricked under oath of Quran for the demands being excepted and made to lay down his arms. But when he descended from mountains he along with all his comrades were arrested and thrown into the notorious army operated torture camp called Kooli Camp. The atrocities and inhuman treatment was matted out to the inmates of that camp for 2 years.

Many of the inmates were tried in the military courts and sent to the gallows or transportation for life.

In 1962, general elections were held under Ayubs new constitution. In Balochistan there were only two national assembly seats, which were won by Nawab Khair Baksh Marri and Sardar Attaullah Mengal.

In the first session of the national assembly Sardar Attaullah Mengal in his speech belied Ayub Khans claim that the Marshal law was blood less which he was boosting upon he also gave details of the inhuman treatment matted out during the martial law to the people of Balochistan. Nawab Khair Baksh Marri in his speech, during that session rubbed more salt on Ayub Khans wounds.

This was enough for a military dictators bull as a red rag and the result was immediately after the session government started arresting political workers and throwing them behind bars. Among them were Sardar Attaullah Mengal, Mir Ghus Bux Bizanjo and Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti. In November 1962 Mr Mengal was released on bail by the high court when the assembly was in session he went and made another speech against the undemocratic attitude of the Government and was reasserted and sent to jail.

Because of the high handedness of the government people of Balochistan reacted sharply, to which Government sent the army into the interior of Balochistan to teach the people of Balochistan a lesson. Thus another army operation took place which included Ariel bombardment as well. Innumerable people including women and children were killed and hundreds were arrested and thrown behind the bars some of whom died in jail. The Government having failed to suppress the uprising of the people ultimately released all those in jail unilaterally in 1967.

Ayub Khan was removed from power and Yahya Khan took over Yahya Khan dissolve one unit and restored the provinces including Balochistan, he held elections in 1970 where NAP National Awami Party returned in majority in the Balochistan assembly and single majority party in NWFP.

By that time the blood thirsty Generals gave a bloody parting kick to east Pakistan and remaining minority of west Pakistan was declared as Pakistan with Bhutto in power. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was unveiling to hand over power to the elected representatives of NAP in Balochistan and NWFP. He did realise the sensitiveness of the satiation and the army being busy on the Indian border, was left with no other alternative but to hand over the power to NAP in both the provinces.

The federal Government started hatching conspiracies against the provincial governments in order to destabilise them. And when the army was relived from the Indian borders Mr Bhutto didn’t wait long and ordered the army to move in to the interior of Balochistan and then dismissed the Governments both in NWFP and Balochistan. All the leaders political workers were put behind bars against whom the charge was framed after 3 years, ban was put on NAP.

People were butchered to the extent that Children were killed and their bodies were not allowed to be buried and hungry dogs were left to feast on them. This was done by the same patriotic army who refused to learn any lesson from East Pakistan departure. Alive people were thrown down from choppers on their villages to set example as a mark of love for the people of Balochistan. Thousands of people were killed in those army operations, which continued for 5 years.

Thousands were rendered homeless with their livestock taken away by the starving army Jawans as booty. Thousands other were forced to flee to Afghanistan which they had to stay more then a decade in destitute. And when they returned home they were starving not with a penny left in their pockets and most of them were suffering from tuberculoses because of under nourishment.

Not one person among those who returned was rehabilitated by the Government of Pakistan, on the contrary they are being hunted upon even to this day by the Government of Pakistan who so ever was in power.

Speech by: Balach Marri
    http://www.balochvoice.com/SBF/Speec...F_14-8-02.html
    Last edited by OrdinaryGuy; 30 Dec 05,, 17:45.

In 71 a B to the East.
    Now, a B to the West?

Comment

Its more and more looking like that... Balochistan is boiling right now according to many pakistani newsreports..

Comment

BTW it was senior Bhutto & not benazir.
        Hala Madrid!!

Comment

One honest question to my valued and respected Indian WAB members and friends;
          Why are you all so obsessed about Pakistan's internal affairs?
          Just curious coz most of Pakistan related threads are initiated by Indians and to my surpising often puplished outside the Asian section.
          Last edited by Neo; 30 Dec 05,, 19:39.

Comment

- Pakistan sucks / India rocks
            - India sucks / Pakistan rocks
            at

Comment

I am concerned with Pakistan in all its facets since it is an enigma.

Everything (both having a common history till 1947) is perfect for Pakistan compared to India including one single religion to decide its destiny.

I have mentioned one single religion since I do find Islam a great binding factor and which overules every aspect of dissent........

And yet Pakistan founders ever so badly.

Why?

India has too many communities, religions, languages, customs, traditions, dialects etc etc. It is India that should be floundering in all aspects.

Why and how is India doing better?

This incongruity confunds and so the interest.

China is the real challenge to India, but it does not interest me that much as Pakistan does.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Trooth,

Neither Pakistan nor India sucks or rocks.

I am sure you would not know unless you are a British Pakistani or vice versa.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

They both do, alternately, on this message board at least.

My understanding is that the members of this board with a vested interest in the sub-continent (yourself excluded) only post to denigrate their "opposition". Or, endless posts posturing about their "sides" greatness.

For example, when i was last surfing the board we had endless threads from Vicki abouthow much India rocks (but of course often countermanded by India sucks posts).

It now seems Neo is returning the trick with pro-pakistan posts.

What is interesting is that the chief cheerleaders for either "side" reside elsewhere than the sub-continent .....
                  at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
                    They both do, alternately, on this message board at least.

My understanding is that the members of this board with a vested interest in the sub-continent (yourself excluded) only post to denigrate their "opposition". Or, endless posts posturing about their "sides" greatness.
                    Unfortunately you're absolutely right!

For example, when i was last surfing the board we had endless threads from Vicki abouthow much India rocks (but of course often countermanded by India sucks posts).
                    Well, we all know what happened to him ;)

It now seems Neo is returning the trick with pro-pakistan posts.
                    No dude, I'm mostly on the defensive side, just like in this very thread!
                    If I open a Pakisrtan related thread, I do it in the Asia section.
                    Don't want to bore international audience with no interest in the Sub Continent.

What is interesting is that the chief cheerleaders for either "side" reside elsewhere than the sub-continent .....
                    And you point being...??

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                      And you point being...??
                      Well, it si a cliche, but if it all so good, why not go there?
                      at

Comment

Well, it si a cliche, but if it all so good, why not go there?
                        Since you asked me, I'll give you an honest answer.
                        I was a little child aged ten when my parents migrated to the Netherlands and I've lived most of my life here.
                        But I hope to return someday to serve my country better.
                        Just waiting for the right time to come.
                        And I never implied that Pakistan is perfect or its the greatest country on earth.
                        Far from that!
                        We have a very very long way to go...

Comment

- Pakistan sucks / India rocks
                          - India sucks / Pakistan rocks
                          Its all coz of you Brits!! Suckers!!
                          A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Saturday, December 31, 2005 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

HRCP calls for ceasefire in Kohlu

LAHORE: The government should stop killing Balochis in Kohlu under its military operation and ceasefire immediately to resolve the issue politically, said Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) officials on Friday after a visit to Balochistan.

HRCP Chairperson Asma Jahangir and other members including Dr Mubashir Hasan, IA Rehman, Dr Mehdi Hasan, Shah Taj Qizilbash of the Joint Action Committee, Air Martial (r) Zafar Chaudhry, Zaman Khan, Nadeem Anthony, Shafiqur Rehman and Tasneem Kauser held a joint press conference at the Lahore Press Club. They said that they were against such violence and a report on the matter would be released soon.

Asma Jahangir said the visit was independent and officials met several people, tribal chiefs, political leaders and government officials in Balochistan.

The officials said the military operation was a violation of national and international rules and called for media freedom in the areas. They expressed concern about people disappearing from the area and condemned the role of intelligence agencies in this regard.

They called for resolving the matter politically and peacefully and said the parliament and cabinet should be taken into confidence. They said the crisis would have far reaching political and social consequences and it was a severe violation of human rights. Asma said the developments in Balochistan required an immediate response. She said that HRCP had been receiving casualty reports, but it was difficult to give an exact figure. HRCP demands an immediate end to aerial firing and bombardment be stopped immediately, the chairperson said, adding the operation would only aggravate problems in Balochistan. “Parties involved in the operation in Balochistan should start negotiating immediately,” she said. staff report
                            http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...12-2005_pg7_15

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                              Since you asked me, I'll give you an honest answer.
                              I was a little child aged ten when my parents migrated to the Netherlands and I've lived most of my life here.
                              But I hope to return someday to serve my country better.
                              Just waiting for the right time to come.
                              And I never implied that Pakistan is perfect or its the greatest country on earth.
                              Far from that!
                              We have a very very long way to go...
                              Well i largely expected an answer like that. Do you often post on here regarding issues in the Netherlands?
                              at

Comment

Working...
                              X