• Show
Clear All

• Favorite movie

Whats your favorite movie of any type of movie

mines STEALTH

Originally posted by canadian boy
    Whats your favorite movie of any type of movie

mines STEALTH
    Please tell me that's only because of the Jessica Biel bikini scene.

Anyway, I'd have to say Midway.
    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig
      Please tell me that's only because of the Jessica Biel bikini
      Hmph, guess I'll have to go rent it. Not that I've got a thing for Jessica Biel per se.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I'm going to have to rent that one as well.

Kingdom of Heaven
        Lord of the Rings series
        Full Metal Jacket
        Braveheart
        Platoon
        Apocalypse Now
        Office Space
        Saving Pvt Ryan
        Uncle Buck (I'm a big John Candy fan)
        Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
        Ferris Bueller's Day Off
        Bourne Identity
        Bourne Supremacy
        Tigerland
        (I have a few more, can't remember them at the moment.)

Comment

Originally posted by giggs88
          Office Space
          I LOVE Office Space. I would not say it is my favorite, but in the top ten. Also in my top ten are the Matrix series, Boiler Room, Willy Wonka (the original, but especially the new one), and Devil's Advocate. I also cannot remember others right now.
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

OK here's a partial list, in no particular order:

Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World
            The Empire Strikes Back
            The Beast
            Das Boot
            X-Men and X-Men 2
            Dances With Wolves
            The Usual Suspects
            LA Confidential
            Aliens
            The Abyss
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Team America
              South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
              BASEketball
              Das Boot
              Stalingrad
              Braveheart
              Gladiator
              Full Metal Jacket

A lot more I can't think of.
              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                I LOVE Office Space.
                Office Space is my favorite comedy.

ummm..yeahhh petterrr...

Comment

Tonight I watched 'Beavis and Butthead do America' with some friends. I smashed my self away by laughing. "I am Conjulio!" It remineded me at the good old times in school, when everybody imitated Beavis and Butthead. :) The South Park movie was also great. Cartman is unbeaten.

But I also like more sophisticated films like 'Clockwork Orange'. Maybe that's my favourit movie at all.

What I don't like are Hollywood comedies and fantasie movies. That includes 'Lord of the rings', 'Star Wars'. And what I really, really heat are action movies with exception of all 'Rambo' movies. I role on the floor and can't stop laughing when I see them....they are so extrem ridiculous.
                  >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

The Man Who Would be King and The Wind and the Lion, tied for first.
                    Last edited by Bluesman; 15 Dec 06,, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig
                      Please tell me that's only because of the Jessica Biel bikini scene.

Anyway, I'd have to say Midway.
                      Actually it's because i like plane shows, and war shows, and that one is action packed

But yeah the reason you gave is one of them

Comment

"Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

My son's favorite, as well, sparten.

And to complete the round-up, Lt. Bluesman's favorite movie is The Name of the Rose...ALSO a Sean Connery movie.

Comment

The Right Stuff
                            Apollo 13
                            Hero (with Jet Li not Dustin Hoffman)
                            Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
                            A Bridge Too Far
                            Waking Ned Devine
                            Local Hero
                            The Waterboy
                            The more I think about it, ol' Billy was right.
                            Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight.
                            - The Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                              My son's favorite, as well, sparten.
                              Started my obession with all things military!
                              About the only Tom Clancy novel which did not disappoint in the film version!

Your family has excellent taste in movies sir!

Another military themed movie (though actually mini-series) I loved (and so will you if it has English sub titles) was this

Three Pakistan Army officers and their experiences. Not to mention love triangle (with the Corp Commanders daughter no less.)

Great dialouge

"You know, Fawaz, PARA is an acronym, it stands for Pakistan Army Retards Association".

"Errr no, Highly Experienced Farm Girls are not a requisionable item".

"Its a very detailed plan, but the gist of it is; we are going to get shot."

"I am just the company commander, want to know about it that badly, go ask the senior JCO (warrent officer.)"
                              "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X