Crime shows on TV!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime shows on TV!!!!!

Im not to sure on television in other countries. But Australian television is full of crime shows for hours each night on each network. Such shows as
    -Law and order and Law and Order SVU
    -Crime Scene Investigation
    -CSI Miami
    -Forensic investigators
    -Real life murders.

The list just goes on. Are crime shows popular in your countries television?

My pesonal belief is that these shows shouldn't be on television:
    a/ they pollute our minds
    b/ show ways to outsmart the police and get away with crimes.

- Walker: Texas Ranger
    - In the Heat of the Night
    - CSI
    - Forensic Files
    - History's Crimes and Trials
    - Perfect Crimes
    - COPS

And to answer your question:

COPS is staged in away (they always have more officers off camera, no way they can get backup in seconds like that) and they also never film with agencies with less then 1,000 officers so its not an accurate view of police work. It also leaves out the hours of paperwork they have to do for an arrest.

I have heard mixed reviews on CSI and if it helps criminals or not. Most US law enforcement agencies lack a CSI type division. Ill try and find an article I read about this.
    Last edited by ChrisF202; 14 Dec 05,, 02:17.

Comment

I HATE Law and Order. Just HATE it.

I love Monk though. I can't wait for the new season to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando
        Im not to sure on television in other countries. But Australian television is full of crime shows for hours each night on each network. Such shows as
        -Law and order and Law and Order SVU
        -Crime Scene Investigation
        -CSI Miami
        -Forensic investigators
        -Real life murders.

The list just goes on. Are crime shows popular in your countries television?

My pesonal belief is that these shows shouldn't be on television:
        a/ they pollute our minds
        b/ show ways to outsmart the police and get away with crimes.

Its the same in India and the Middle east as well, thanks to Rupert Murdoch.
        But some of these shows also depict the law enforcement in a good light, that they will catch the bad guys at any cost. So its alright.
        "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
          Its the same in India and the Middle east as well, thanks to Rupert Murdoch.
          But some of these shows also depict the law enforcement in a good light, that they will catch the bad guys at any cost. So its alright.
          I guess its a break from Hollywood which portrays cops as evil, racist, corrupt criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
            I guess its a break from Hollywood which portrays cops as evil, racist, corrupt criminals.

I am actually a really big fan of Hollywood, I don't know why people criticize hollywood so much. Some of the stuff they make shows the effort involved.
            "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i dont know this post i am writing belongs to which part, so i just write it here which i think something with" crime", i just finished the french movie " OZEANE "(ocean), and i could not keep cool:grump:!!! why the hunman beings are so evil:slap: why people eat shark fin ???, only there are markets, there will be the brutal,merciless behavior. if cut ur hand and foot and throw you into the ocean, what do you think ??

Comment

Because you just paid to go watch that movie and someone got rich for making that movie.

Comment

I've heard many people talking about crime, confusing the fictional crime shows, and the 'true" crime shows that rerun the same episode over and over, - with actual crime. They know it happens all the time, because they've seen it on TV, remembering how many times they saw it - but forgetting they were watching reruns or fiction.
                  Last edited by USSWisconsin; 27 Apr 12,, 14:20.
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Because you just paid to go watch that movie and someone got rich for making that movie.
                    true, actually can not blame anything! the whole world is basic contradiction, so we get the "balance" !

Comment

Originally posted by jennyisfun View Post
                      true, actually can not blame anything! the whole world is basic contradiction, so we get the "balance" !
                      A bit like Yin and Yang perhaps ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                        There're not ?!!!

Comment

I'm still mad they cancelled Law and Order and Law and Order Los Angeles.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                            A bit like Yin and Yang perhaps ;)
                            well, sir, i have to say i dont think it is about "yin" and "yang", it's not this " balance" we are talking about, the " balance" i mean is that the huge socienty and the necessary profit, kind of basic survive and the " crime" behavior. these phenomena have to exsit in a way.

Comment

These kinds of shows really interesting to watch,lots of suspense occurred time to time.
                              Dexter,homeland and batman mine favorite.

Comment

Working...
                              X