Fatwa calls for death to Karzai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatwa calls for death to Karzai

Monday, December 12, 2005 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Fatwa calls for death to Karzai

SPIN BOLDAK: Taliban have issued a fatwa (religious decree) calling for President Hamid Karzai to be killed for serving American and British “infidels”.

The decree came in a 12-page Pashto-language booklet distributed in the Afghan south. It reiterated a call for jihad against infidels and their slaves. “It should be remembered that there is no difference between infidels and their agents and jihad against them has become incumbent,” the fatwa said.

The document was written by three Taliban Muslim scholars and approved by a council of about 100, a Taliban spokesman said.

“Jihad against all the slaves of Americans and the British, including Hamid Karzai, has become incumbent and they deserve to be killed,” it said. US and Afghan opposition troops forced the Taliban from power in late 2001 after they refused to give up Osama bin Laden, architect of the September 11 attacks on the United States.

Taliban fighters have been waging an insurgency against the US-backed Karzai government and the US forces since then.

More than 1,100 people have been killed in violence this year, including nearly 60 US troops.

The fatwa described British and Americans as “Jewish and Christian ... infidels who cannot be friends of Muslims”. It also called on Afghan Muslims “not to be misled by the infidels’ sweet talk and temptation”, and to join the Taliban fight to force them to leave Afghanistan.

The US leads a force of about 20,000 battling the Taliban and hunting for militant leaders. British troops are part of a 10,000-strong North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)-led peacekeeping force, mostly based in central, northern and eastern areas. reuters
    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-12-2005_pg7_6
    A very interesting development.

Interesting because Musharraf and his government is more "slavish" to the dictates of the US and UK and yet there is no fatwa against the General!

It appears that there is more to it than what meets the eye.

The fact that while Musharraf went ballistics about the madrassas as also the foreign students being expelledm on both issues he ate crow.

Now, while it may appear that Musharraf is helpless, the fact that the Islamists are tolerating Musharraf and without issuing a fatwa inspite of cooperating with the "great white Satan" hand and foot is highly suspicious.

It does lead to the belief that Musharraf's ranting is for the US gallery and he is actually in cohorts with the Islamists and thus forgiven for his omissions and commissions! Publicly, he is no less a "slave".

The US is being taken for a ride?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Originally posted by Ray

A very interesting development.

Interesting because Musharraf and his government is more "slavish" to the dictates of the US and UK and yet there is no fatwa against the General!

It appears that there is more to it than what meets the eye.

The fact that while Musharraf went ballistics about the madrassas as also the foreign students being expelledm on both issues he ate crow.

Now, while it may appear that Musharraf is helpless, the fact that the Islamists are tolerating Musharraf and without issuing a fatwa inspite of cooperating with the "great white Satan" hand and foot is highly suspicious.

It does lead to the belief that Musharraf's ranting is for the US gallery and he is actually in cohorts with the Islamists and thus forgiven for his omissions and commissions! Publicly, he is no less a "slave".

The US is being taken for a ride?
    It is quite possible sir. I wouldn't put it past the "esteemed" general. ;)
    "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think Mushy has been doing the same thing ever since 9/11.

What was the name of the place in Afghanistan from where Pakistani Army Officials were airlifted to safety while the Americans were bombing Taliban positions ?

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
        What was the name of the place in Afghanistan from where Pakistani Army Officials were airlifted to safety while the Americans were bombing Taliban positions ?
        siege of Konduz.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Yep.

Now you see, the PA Officers were actually trying to errr negotiate with the bloody Taliban.

The Front Lying State in the War on Terror has made so many sacrifices!

Comment

The general is more shrewd then he lets on.

This is the man who was in charge of Kargil, does he apear like a straight forward guy.
            He has more sides than a circle, how many sides on a circle boys?

You see he keeps everyone happy, one's policy is implemented here, another policiy is implemented there, the best thing is he's doing soemthing positive, actively positive for everyone. Nobody loses out, therefore nobody can play power games over him.

The mulllah are his play dough to manipulate, and they are too fractioned and stupid to see it.

Karzai is mayor of Kabul, a dead karzai would be a positive thing...it might put a man with leadership capability in charge rather than this time passing numpty.

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
              Karzai is mayor of Kabul, a dead karzai would be a positive thing...it might put a man with leadership capability in charge rather than this time passing numpty.
              These are the kind of statements you don't make about elected leaders of other countries. "Bad boy, bad boy, whatchu gonna do when they come for you...". In your case the MI6. ;)
              "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

lol....little do you know...

seriusly i am laughing....you'll never understand why...

Comment

For Gods sake use a spell checker Platinum!

I mean cant you just type 'seriously' ?
                  And whats with these dots everywhere in your post ?

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
                    lol....little do you know...

seriusly i am laughing....you'll never understand why...
                    I hope you are not going to tell me that you are in a British Jail and you are using your daily library time to post on this site. ;)

Whatever be the reason feel free to share, I would really like to know. And as far as understanding goes, I have surprised a lot of people, just try me. ;)

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Now you see, the PA Officers were actually trying to errr negotiate with the bloody Taliban. The Front Lying State in the War on Terror has made so many sacrifices!
                      Well they kind of had to get their guys out of Konduz. Everyone knows that they had advisors with the Taliban, no shock there.
                      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung
                        Well they kind of had to get their guys out of Konduz. Everyone knows that they had advisors with the Taliban, no shock there.
                        Gee "advisers" is such a nice term. Though "mentors" is the correct one. Tch tch. ;)
                        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Surprising that nobody has claimed they were advising Taliban to surrender in Konduz. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
                            Surprising that nobody has claimed they were advising Taliban to surrender in Konduz. ;)
                            That is because over 5000 PA officers and men were evacuated - too large a "delegation" one might say.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                              The US is being taken for a ride?[/FONT]
                              Sir,
                              The US knows it, but they may have something up their sleeve that we may not be aware of.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X