• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zarqawi: American Agent!

An interesting post . . .

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/012520.php

Zarqawi: American Agent!

The growing split between Iraq's Sunni Arabs and the foreign jihadists led by Zarqawi is a huge story that hasn't gotten enough press, although both Ed Morrissey and Glenn Reynolds have been talking about it. Both noted this AP story, which says that pro-Saddam Sunnis have gone so far as to vow to protect the polls against jihadist terrorism:

Saddam Hussein loyalists who violently opposed January elections have made an about-face as Thursday's polls near, urging fellow Sunni Arabs to vote and warning al Qaeda militants not to attack.

In a move unthinkable in the bloody run-up to the last election, guerrillas in the western insurgent heartland of Anbar province say they are even prepared to protect voting stations from fighters loyal to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, leader of al Qaeda in Iraq.

The Sunnis recognize that their boycott of the last election was a bad mistake, and some Sunni clerics have now pronounced voting a religious duty. They are distancing themselves from Zarqawi and al Qaeda; of course, after the Jordanian bombings, on top of Zarqawi's many mass murders of Iraqis, just about everyone in the Arab world is distancing himself from Zarqawi.

I found this interesting:

Saddam loyalists have turned against Zarqawi, a Jordanian militant whose fighters travel to Iraq from across the Arab world to blow themselves up in a bid to spark sectarian civil war.

"Zarqawi is an American, Israeli and Iranian agent who is trying to keep our country unstable so that the Sunnis will keep facing occupation," said a Baathist insurgent leader who would give his name only as Abu Abdullah.

Actually, he's right, if you put aside the ritual reference to the US, Israel and Iran. I made this point on our radio show yesterday. Most Iraqis, and all Americans, want American troops to vacate Iraq as soon as possible. What stands in their way? Terrorism. "Abu Abdullah" is correct in saying that Zarqawi wants to use terrorist attacks to keep the Americans in Iraq. Al Qaeda's interests are at odds with substantially all Iraqis, which is one reason why the Iraq war most likely will turn out to be a big victory for the U.S. and the Bush administration.

Posted by John at 06:35 PM | Permalink
    Last edited by Shek; 12 Dec 05,, 05:00.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

It's a bunch of crap. utter b.s
    tabloid material.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon 6
      It's a bunch of crap. utter b.s
      tabloid material.
      Are you referring to the article or to Abu Abdullah's assertion?
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

the fact it came from a blog proves my point. case dismissed...

both.

Comment

both.
          Are you a moron? The information is sourced from a Reuters article. I guess it's too difficult for you to click on the hyperlink provided.
          Last edited by Shek; 12 Dec 05,, 04:59.

Comment

There is some truth to this article, just not the part about Zarkman being an American agent.....
            Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

A NYT reader?

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
                A NYT reader?
                The world's largest tabloid

Comment

Haha what a conspiracy. The worst one i heard was some guy claiming Saddam Hussein and George Bush had arranged the war and his capture in return for money and property in the USA lol.

Comment

Obviously there must be another country named Iraq that these people are reporting on..lol If only the terrorists believed the very same things ;)
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

My personal favorite theory is that the insurgents are financed and supplied by Israel and controlled bu Mossad agents.

Of course most of the same people think the war was waged solely to defend Israel from Iraq.

The stupidity of so-called "white nationalists" staggers the mind. Tracking their rubbish is kind of a hobby of mine as of late.

Comment

Wraith,
                        Just finish finals? You disappeared for a while - did this semester kick your a$$?

Comment

Originally posted by shek
                          Wraith,
                          Just finish finals? You disappeared for a while - did this semester kick your a$$?
                          Finals just started. I got hit with the double whammy of being shorthanded at work and a new girlfriend, so my online time was sharply curtailed for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601
                            Finals just started. I got hit with the double whammy of being shorthanded at work and a new girlfriend, so my online time was sharply curtailed for awhile.

Good luck!

Comment

A new theory I've encountered is that the IDF is behind the insurgency. Not really sure why they would do that but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X