Text Messaging While Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Messaging While Driving

I will be the 1st to admit that I will sometimes talk on the phone while driving. I do think that common sense should tell people to keep both hands on the steering wheel so get a hands free or bluetooth.

But Text Messaging?! C'Mon!

Text Messaging Driver Charged in Death

Friday, December 02, 2005

HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. — A teenage driver faces charges in Colorado after allegedly hitting a cyclist while text messaging behind the wheel.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office says the 17-year-old was charged with careless driving causing death. The charge carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison.

The victim was riding his bicycle November 23rd when he was hit by the teen's car. He died two days after the accident.

The teen has not been identified because he is a minor. Authorities say he lost control of the car because he was sending text messages on a cell phone.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177409,00.html
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

In my city there have been fatal accidents because motor cycle riders have been talking on their mobile or cell phones.

I think it is a silly way to die when all one can do is pull to the side, halt and talk if they are in such a hurry to attend the cell phone.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I must admit that I text while driving, but only when I'm stopped at stoplights.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
        I must admit that I text while driving, but only when I'm stopped at stoplights.
        Get over yourself. Nothing you have to say is that important.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
          If youare stopped at a stoplight then technically you are not driving...you are sitting. There is little chance of plowing over a cyclist if you are not paying full attention while the car is stopped.
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Working...
          X