This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Drunk
    Mig-29's N01 1M Bars M radar surpasses AN/APG-79 totally, with the ability to track up to 15 targets simultaneously, while still searching for other ones and a range of 120-130 km against fighter-type targets head-on and a range of 60 km in chase.

Hornet's APG-79 would only do good to warn the pilot to disengage and head home, before venturing into any danger with the superior speeded Mig, with IRST, HMS and AA-11 / AA-12 missiles. If you're a Fulcrum pilot, nothing can touch you
    You have said only the capabilities of the MiG's radar, but nothing of the APG-79. I know for a fact that the F-22A's radar, the APG-77, is far more advanced than the N01 1M and the F/A-18E's APG-79 is slightly more advanced than the APG-77. What your saying is that the MiG-29E has a better radar than the F-22A Raptor and I know that is incorrect, but the N01 M1 is definitly one of the best radars out there.

It is true that right now most of the APG-79 and APG-77's capabilities are classified, but all military experts have said that they far outgun all the current Russian radars that are in production. I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't track 15 targets like the N01 M1, since Russian radars have always been better at tracking numbers.

As for the airframes of the MiG-29E and the F/A-18E, the MiG is definitly faster and more manuverable, but the F/A-18E is only slightly inferior to the MiG in manuverability. The Super Hornet is still a highly agile dogfighter in close-combat as well. With the JHMCS and the AIM-9X the Super Hornet has the slight more edge it needed to be able to surpass the Fulcrum. I think F/A-18E surpasses MiG-29E any day of the week and any month of the year.
    Last edited by Insomniac; 18 Jan 06,, 15:36.

Comment

Mig-29's N01 1M Bars M radar surpasses AN/APG-79 totally, with the ability to track up to 15 targets simultaneously, while still searching for other ones and a range of 120-130 km against fighter-type targets head-on and a range of 60 km in chase.

Hornet's APG-79 would only do good to warn the pilot to disengage and head home, before venturing into any danger with the superior speeded Mig, with IRST, HMS and AA-11 / AA-12 missiles. If you're a Fulcrum pilot, nothing can touch you
      It also has maximum detection range of 400 km over the sea.

Путин: Надо отделить мух от мяса.

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac
        You have said only the capabilities of the MiG's radar, but nothing of the APG-79. I know for a fact that the F-22A's radar, the APG-77, is far more advanced than the N01 1M and the F/A-18E's APG-79 is slightly more advanced than the APG-77. What your saying is that the MiG-29E has a better radar than the F-22A Raptor and I know that is incorrect, but the N01 M1 is definitly one of the best radars out there.

It is true that right now most of the APG-79 and APG-77's capabilities are classified, but all military experts have said that they far outgun all the current Russian radars that are in production. I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't track 15 targets like the N01 M1, since Russian radars have always been better at tracking numbers.

As for the airframes of the MiG-29E and the F/A-18E, the MiG is definitly faster and more manuverable, but the F/A-18E is only slightly inferior to the MiG in manuverability. The Super Hornet is still a highly agile dogfighter in close-combat as well. With the JHMCS and the AIM-9X the Super Hornet has the slight more edge it needed to be able to surpass the Fulcrum. I think F/A-18E surpasses MiG-29E and day of the week.
        Here you want to look at the last video on the page. Can hornet do that?

http://www.warfare.ru/?linkid=1600&catid=255&video=true

I really don't see how AIM-9X would be superior to R-73 or R-73E, both missiles are completely comparable in what they can do, Russian missiles are very maneuvarable, so are american, plus in close combat nobody can claim that Mig will be unable to detect and target the Hornet, so it really goes down to the pilot a 100% on that one.

As for BVR, i am gonna let Captain Grape do this one, he is on a roll. I would just like to say that the best american missile can od is 140 km, thats not even an effective range thats a maximum range. So what is the point at being able to lock on past 100 kms if your missiles will not ever get a succesful hit under combat conditions at that range? And once you miss the Mig at 140 km, next time you won't get a chance, you'd be within its lock-on and firing range and you're screwed, thats all i have to say.

Comment

Hehe, me and Insomniac on the same side of an argument. Now that's something I never guessed would happen. ;)

Please Rusky, show some sort of knowledge or comprehension. Captain Drunk is a drunk guy on the other side of the computer that just pulls random stuff out in his fantasy world. Were did he get that the Russian radar is more advanced then the American one? He also never provides sources.

As for that maneuver, already told you, no point in it. The F/A-18 HARV could do that kind of maneuvers, I bet you. As for that manuever in itself, stuff that something can do in an airshow is not going to help you in real life combat. Do that move and your dead for a missile. Your not outmanuevering a missile.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Burning_Kid
            Hehe, me and Insomniac on the same side of an argument. Now that's something I never guessed would happen. ;)

Please Rusky, show some sort of knowledge or comprehension. Captain Drunk is a drunk guy on the other side of the computer that just pulls random stuff out in his fantasy world. Were did he get that the Russian radar is more advanced then the American one? He also never provides sources.

As for that maneuver, already told you, no point in it. The F/A-18 HARV could do that kind of maneuvers, I bet you. As for that manuever in itself, stuff that something can do in an airshow is not going to help you in real life combat. Do that move and your dead for a missile. Your not outmanuevering a missile.
            I think i already gave you stats for the N011 radar, it was in that thread Horrido locked up, go look for them. Also read the thread i posted about F-22, might just open your mind.
            Last edited by Rusky; 18 Jan 06,, 22:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusky
              I think i already gave you stats for the N011 radar, it was in that thread Horrido locked up, go look for them. Also read the thread i posted about F-22, might just open your mind.
              And which proved that our radar is better than yours. As for that article, what a bunch of BS. I can tell that its wrong. I'll post in a little while on why after I go eat something.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Burning_Kid
                And which proved that our radar is better than yours. As for that article, what a bunch of BS. I can tell that its wrong. I'll post in a little while on why after I go eat something.
                I attempted to reason with you, it was a mistake, i am gonna go on ignoring you. Morons like you are best dealt with that way. Let me know then you're not twelve. Chao and welcome to ignore list.

Comment

Burning Kid I'm not on your side. I am on my own side and I simply think the F/A-18E Super Hornet is better than the MiG-29E. Infact, I think I'm going to post something in few minutes that just might piss you off.

No, the I have not seen the Super Hornet do that manuver, but the Super Hornet's strength is in its unlimited high angles of attack. Should be an equal balance against the Fulcrum.

As for the missiles, right now the USAF and USN are discussing the introdution of the AIM-120D AMRAAM, which will have a 50% increase in range (approx. 37-38 miles). They are confident that it will fix the range balance in favor of American fighters. However, I have heard rumors that the Russian Airforce is trying to increase the range of their missiles as well. So we will need to just wait and see.
                  Last edited by Insomniac; 19 Jan 06,, 02:22.

Comment

I attempted to reason with you, it was a mistake, i am gonna go on ignoring you. Morons like you are best dealt with that way. Let me know then you're not twelve. Chao and welcome to ignore list.
                    Now that's funny. I guess because you are unable to prove me wrong and are now trying desperatly to back up your clearly flawed facts, you ignore me? That my friend is something I expect from a 12 year old. Oh well, I could care less since it gives me one less idiot to have to debate and disprove.

Comment

Burning Kid I;m not on your side. I am on my own side and I simply think the F/A-18E Super Hornet is better than the MiG-29E. Infact, I think I'm going to post something in few minutes that just might piss you off.

As for the missiles, right now the USAF and USN are discussing the introdution of the AIM-120D AMRAAM, which will have a 50% increase in range (approx. 37-38 miles). They are confident that it will fix the range balance in favor of American fighters. However, I have heard rumors that the Russian Airforce is trying to increase the range of their missiles as well. So we will need to just wait and see.
                      Well, that was short-lived truce. Whatever, look forward to debating whatever you throw next. ;)

Comment

Burning Kid I'm not on your side. I am on my own side and I simply think the F/A-18E Super Hornet is better than the MiG-29E. Infact, I think I'm going to post something in few minutes that just might piss you off.

No, the I have not seen the Super Hornet do that manuver, but the Super Hornet's strength is in its unlimited high angles of attack. Should be an equal balance against the Fulcrum.

True.

Comment

Last time i checked Mig-29 also featured such a helmet. Either way Mig-29E will win against any american aircraft in both BVR and upclose, thats a given, with new electronics this bird is as maneuvarable as ever, more so then any american aircraft.
                          I've got 2 pages to read through, so I'm not going to rebut this yet, but I just want to say you dont know what you're talking about. Back in a few...

Comment

I don't? Haha, you're got it all wrong, its the other way, you don't.

Comment

I would just like to say that the best american missile can od is 140 km, thats not even an effective range thats a maximum range. So what is the point at being able to lock on past 100 kms if your missiles will not ever get a succesful hit under combat conditions at that range? And once you miss the Mig at 140 km, next time you won't get a chance, you'd be within its lock-on and firing range and you're screwed, thats all i have to say.
                              See as Rusky has pointed out here, ask yourself how on earth's an F-18's gonna survive, when a Mig-29 locks on to it with an R-77 ( AA-12 Adder ) having maximim range of 150 km, and speed Mach 4.5 from anywhere between 200-400 km away? Range of the Hornet's AIM-120A is only 72 km. There's no chance for the F-18.

Comment

See as Rusky has pointed out here, ask yourself how on earth's an F-18's gonna survive, when a Mig-29 locks on to it with an R-77 ( AA-12 Adder ) having maximim range of 150 km, and speed Mach 4.5 from anywhere between 200-400 km away? Range of the Hornet's AIM-120A is only 72 km. There's no chance for the F-18.
                                And the thing is the Mig doesn't even have to lock on, R-77 can be just thrown in the general direction of the enemy aircraft and then it gets 20 kilometers from its target it will be able to track it all on its own.

Comment

Working...
                                X