Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son died for a good cause

Fellow Americans:

I'm so very proud of my son who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

He knew the mission was important, and he understood that the war in Iraq was
    central to the war on terrorism.

Sadly, my son (Lance Cpl. Michael Jason Williams) lost his life in combat in
    this war. My life changed forever when I got a knock at my door, informing me
    that Michael had been killed in action. My son is my hero.

As a father, I can't tell you what a gut-wrenching blow it was, and still is.
    Not a day goes by I don't think about my child. But the Anti-American, anti-war
    crowd that pretends to 'support the military, but not the mission' are a pack of
    liars.

Some people, like Cindy Sheehan and Michael Moore, have tried to exploit the
    death of Michael and others who lost their lives in Iraq, in order that they
    might advance their far left political agenda.

If we don't stand up to the Cindy Sheehans, Michael Moore's and the politicans
    who are using Michael's death to further their agenda of undermining our
    Commander-in-Chief, then Michael Jason William's devotion to this great country
    will be rendered meaningless.

I know from bitter experience.

I am a Vietnam veteran.

I don't know what is so hard for the people in today's anti-war movement to
    understand. Radical Islamic Extremists are determined to kill Americans and
    destroy our way of life.

In Iraq the terrorist insurgency is led by a fellow named Zarqawi, his position
    is the leader of "Al Qaeda in Iraq" yet the anti-war crowd marches through our
    streets proclaiming that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the war against
    terrorism.

Well, I've had enough of the misguided, anti-military and even anti-American
    rhetoric from the anti-war crowd. They seem to be rooting for our enemies more
    than our own troops at times.

So I've decided to help fight back.

I've leant my voice and my story - and the story of my son's sacrifice for his
    nation - to Move America Forward, for them to use in a national radio ad
    campaign.

You can hear the ad here:
    http://www.moveamericaforward.org/Link/audio/7452

Right now we're trying to raise enough money to purchase the time on radio
    stations around the country to make sure this message is heard.

Please, support this effort by making a contribution to help pay for the airtime
    for this radio commercial. I would be honored to have you help get this message
    out.

Contribute online here:
    http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org/Contribution

Or mail in a contribution to this address:

Move America Forward
    ATTN: Pro-Troop Holiday Ad Fund
    P.O. Box 1497
    Sacramento, CA 95812

Thank you for reading my letter.

Sincerely Yours,

Joseph Williams
    Vacaville, California

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mr, Williams

I am a strong supporter for the War, and especially for those brave men and women who are fightining it. This is actually my first opportunity to communicate with a family member who lost a loved one in the War. I too am disgusted at how some exploit the deaths of our soldiers and marines for their own political causes.
    I will contrbute what I can to your cause and if there is any other way I can help out let me know. Please accept me and my famiy's most heartfelt condolances on your loss. Your son is indeed a hero and you should be proud of him. The safety of my children and our way of life depends on brave young men like your son who are willing to fight and provide the ultimate sacrafice. I have two sons and I could not imagine the pain and loss you must feel. I would like to thank your son for protecting me and my boys; I will say a prayer for him and your family tonight.

Comment

May your son rest in peace. My prayers go out to you and your family.
      Last edited by longcat; 15 Nov 05,, 03:06.

Comment

Much appreciated, but that was cut & pasted from a Move America Forward e-mail...and Mr. Williams is a different person. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
          Much appreciated, but that was cut & pasted from a Move America Forward e-mail...and Mr. Williams is a different person. :)
          Yeah, I was wondering about that. I saw that judging from your age profile, you're about 31. If your son had died in the military, he'd have to be about 18 at least. So that means that you had a son when you were 13. Damn, must have been a real ladies man.

Also, the Vietnam veteran thing. You would have had to have been a Ak-47 wielding infant in Saigon. The age does get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulgaroctonus
            Yeah, I was wondering about that. I saw that judging from your age profile, you're about 31. If your son had died in the military, he'd have to be about 18 at least. So that means that you had a son when you were 13. Damn, must have been a real ladies man.

Also, the Vietnam veteran thing. You would have had to have been a Ak-47 wielding infant in Saigon. The age does get in the way.
            So either I'm not Mr. Williams, or I was an extremely young VC who just lost his son in Iraq.

Comment

Your son died gallantly protecting the world from murders. Rest in Peace! And thank you.
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

As patriotic as you all are, saying the war in Iraq was central to the war on terrorism is a joke. The only posible threat that Iraq could pocess was that it had the possibility to give terrorists chemical weapoins and biological weaponsa nda regime unstable enought to perhaps do that, but reality shows that was probably not likely either as Osama Bin Laden actaully wanted to wage a war on Saddam in '91.

Saddam Hussians only link to Terrorism was Hamas, he has a dsiliking for Shias thusLebanon and Hizbollah where not his forte, and he actaully backed India against Pakistan in several wars and Pakistan reacted by supporting Iran against Saddam, in the Iran-Iraq war, so links to the huge terrorist outfits affilliated and asscoaited with Pakistan/Afghanistan where unlikely too.

The current insurgency is of your own making, the word insurgency proves it, insurgents people who come in from other places to fight, quite obviously indicating that they migrated, thus where not there before. Iraq was prime ground for Al Queda post Saddam, the power vacuum and law and order situation made it so.

The author should be prasing his son for fighting valiantly in a war that was fought in the unlikley odds that Saddam Hussian might develop nuclear weapons and then might develop the capability to Attack America with them and then grow the balls to do that.

His son fought died to take on a regime supporting Hamas, a group attacking Israel.

Most importantly, admit it or not, his son foguht and died fighting for a war for oil tycoons.

Comment

Well that seems to be your view...nexxxt

Comment

it is a view....shared by quite a lot of people.

I reckon the 150,000 troops in Iraq would help the WoT better by searching for OBL in Afghanistan.

is that unreasonable?

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786

I reckon the 150,000 troops in Iraq would help the WoT better by searching for OBL in Afghanistan.

is that unreasonable?
                      Tell you what, Read what you have written and then tell me if its unreasonable.

The man killed 180,000 of his own people how can you say this is not terrorism?
                      Can 180,000 of a countries own citizens be judged, juried and excecuted at once
                      for being of a certain ethnic background men, women and children. The very same people Al Qaida targets on a daily basis? Are they not terrorists? Or is that just another probability which you would like to forward? Call it whatever you want it still constitutes one thing.. Terrorism and that man was certainly a world class terrorist to his own people hiding behind a couped dictatorship. He should just be thankfull we let him live to even see a trial, a luxury he never afforded to his victims.

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20051121/D8E0V4BG0.html

One of the men that supplied him with his chemicals is now on trial. Can the Hague the same legal foundation who tried war criminals from Germany, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, The Balkins etc. be "probably" wrong as well? Or is it that we the us and her allies must have influenced them to? Now go figure whats the joke our war on terrorism or just your "probable" opinion of it?
                      Last edited by Dreadnought; 21 Nov 05,, 19:40.

Comment

the war in Iraq was central to the war on terrorism is a joke.
                        A joke? Ask the state sponsors of terror if they think it was a joke. It's getting harder to do though, so you better ask fast, because they're making changes to not be next. I bet you can't even find one now that's brave enough to admit they supported them in the past.
                        The only posible threat that Iraq could pocess was that it had the possibility to give terrorists chemical weapoins and biological weaponsa nda regime unstable enought to perhaps do that
                        You mean besides safe harbor, training, and billions of dollars?
                        Osama Bin Laden actaully wanted to wage a war on Saddam in '91.
                        AQ is the only terrorist organization out there? I saw nothing definitive, before, durring, or after the war, saying Saddam and AQ were buddy buddy...
                        Saddam Hussians only link to Terrorism was Hamas
                        I don't recall Hamas descriminating. You're also forgetting the PIJ and a half dozen others, as well as his homegrown terrorists.
                        The current insurgency is of your own making, the word insurgency proves it, insurgents people who come in from other places to fight, quite obviously indicating that they migrated, thus where not there before.
                        Main Entry: 1in·sur·gent
                        Pronunciation: -j&nt
                        Function: noun
                        Etymology: Latin insurgent-, insurgens, present participle of insurgere to rise up, from in- + surgere to rise -- more at SURGE
                        1 : a person who revolts against civil authority or an established government; especially : a rebel not recognized as a belligerent
                        2 : one who acts contrary to the policies and decisions of one's own political party

There has been insurgency after every major war, and they don't have to be 4NRs either.
                        The author should be prasing his son for fighting valiantly in a war that was fought in the unlikley odds that Saddam Hussian might develop nuclear weapons and then might develop the capability to Attack America with them and then grow the balls to do that.
                        No, he got it right. Removing tyrants is central in the war on terror.
                        His son fought died to take on a regime supporting Hamas, a group attacking Israel.
                        Funny you keep mentioning a terrorist group, and claiming the war had nothing to do with terrorists. I still don't recall Hamas, or anyone they've ever been allied too, descriminating.
                        Most importantly, admit it or not, his son foguht and died fighting for a war for oil tycoons.
                        Please show me the oil fields the USA kept...
                        Just goes to show, there's one born every minute...
                        You actually mean Pakistan right?
                        is that unreasonable?
                        Yeah, pretty much. Anyone come up with proof OBL was in Afghanistan? Ever?

Saddest part of all, Muslims didn't remove the tyrants. They just left their own people to die, and worse. Now they want to complain, and make up stories, because someone else did it. Just sad...
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought
                          The man killed 180,000 of his own people
                          The mass graves have topped 300,000, with many many more sites still to be excavated. The one most recently excavated was 90% women and children. They were dressed and packed to travel when they were lined up and gunned down. Many of them were burried while they were still alive. The children are still clinging to their mothers. The infants were stomped to death. But I guess that's all ok, because a "Muslim" did it...
                          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

A very fine rebuttal, Confed. I was going to answer, and had actually started the reply post, when my intemperate language forced me to can the whole thing before I posted it.

Otherwise, I would've gotten a three-day'er. But my opinion of this poster is unchanged, and I can think what I want about him, even if I'm prohibited from writing it in here.

Comment

Just goes to show how ignorant some people can be of this mission without facing the hard facts of its origins. I could care less what the politicans say the man was a killer and something needed to be done and allied forces once again did just that.
                              Last edited by Dreadnought; 21 Nov 05,, 20:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X