Banning Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning Notification

I've noticed that many members, especially new ones, are banned for no apparent reason. I am not demanding a justification for banning, but I'd just like to have a centralized thread for the moderators (i.e. this one) where they can notify the WAB why certain people have been banned.

For example, under the Mars Pics (Science and Technology Forum) thread, I noticed that Raptor1992 and Red-shift were suddenly banned. I searched their posts and couldn't find any incriminating material. To avoid the sudden silencing of certain members, can the moderators please post the reason for those members being banned?

I think this system will also demonstrate what behavior to avoid.

Originally posted by Bulgaroctonus
    I've noticed that many members, especially new ones, are banned for no apparent reason. I am not demanding a justification for banning, but I'd just like to have a centralized thread for the moderators (i.e. this one) where they can notify the WAB why certain people have been banned.

For example, under the Mars Pics (Science and Technology Forum) thread, I noticed that Raptor1992 and Red-shift were suddenly banned. I searched their posts and couldn't find any incriminating material. To avoid the sudden silencing of certain members, can the moderators please post the reason for those members being banned?

You need to get around the board a little more. :)

Raptor1992 and Red-shift are one and the same person.
    They are also Warrior Medic, that Blackhawk person, and a half a dozen (or more) assorted losers that registered and posted on this board specifically to....well, the jury is still out on exactly what this individual was trying to do.
    In short, all of those recently banned idiots are the same person.

At any rate, a good way to find out why a person was banned was to look at their last several posts and then skim the remainder of those threads.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I've noticed that many members, especially new ones, are banned for no apparent reason.
      You're not paying attention.

I noticed that Raptor1992 and Red-shift were suddenly banned.
      They happen to be the same person. As well as being about 5 or 6 other people at least.

To avoid the sudden silencing of certain members
      I know the mods here. No one is being "silenced" for anything but being a lying moron, a troll, or a spammer. I've been here practically since the beginning. I've never seen someone unfairly banned.

Avoid making more then one account. Or developing a psychotic obsession with trolling on this board like the above mentioned poster.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
        You need to get around the board a little more. :)

Raptor1992 and Red-shift are one and the same person.
        They are also Warrior Medic, that Blackhawk person, and a half a dozen (or more) assorted losers that registered and posted on this board specifically to....well, the jury is still out on exactly what this individual was trying to do.
        In short, all of those recently banned idiots are the same person.

At any rate, a good way to find out why a person was banned was to look at their last several posts and then skim the remainder of those threads.
        Are IP adresses banned as a whole? I mean, were Red-Shift/Warrior Medic/Raptor1992 banned automatically?

That whole multiple account thing is funny.

Comment

Are IP adresses banned as a whole? I mean, were Red-Shift/Warrior Medic/Raptor1992 banned automatically?
          He uses many IPs

That whole multiple account thing is funny.
          It was like 3 or 4 days ago when we figured out that raptor was creating trolls to argue with. Now it's just annoying.

Comment

Are IP adresses banned as a whole?
            More than likely, it was the specific IP address that was registered as "Raptor1992" or "Warrior Medic" etc that was banned.
            I don't think they would ban entire ISPs unless there is a torrential flood of filth that arrived all at once, all from the same provider etc.

I mean, were Red-Shift/Warrior Medic/Raptor1992 banned automatically?
            No, it doesn't work that way. If they are so inclined, I'll let one of the Mods/Admin explain it to you.

Suffice it is to say, and as Leader already pointed out, you have to really really want to be banned before it actually takes place.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
              He uses many IPs
              That's tricky. Damn, who finally pinned Raptor1992 and Red-Shift down?

It was like 3 or 4 days ago when we figured out that raptor was creating trolls to argue with. Now it's just annoying.
              Haha...
              That's like a guy talking to himself. I mean, it requires a certain amount of time to waste to create new accounts just to argue with one's self. The especially funny thing is that Red-shift was created just to question why Raptor1992 had been banned. After all of four posts, Red-Shift was banned.

I also have a serious question. Is the fact that someone has multiple accounts an inherently damning thing? Or did Raptor1992 commit some other grievous crime? I am still searching his posts, but if you know his offense, please tell me.

Comment

Is the fact that someone has multiple accounts an inherently damning thing? Or did Raptor1992 commit some other grievous crime? I am still searching his posts, but if you know his offense, please tell me.
                You seem questioningly curious Bulgar....Hmmmmm

J/K ;)
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

That's tricky. Damn, who finally pinned Raptor1992 and Red-Shift down?
                  Credit there goes to our resident blue-suiter Bluesman.
                  Even though not a Mod and without the IP checking capability, he used his considerable intelligence and analyst training to sniff out the troublemakers in our midst.
                  Is the fact that someone has multiple accounts an inherently damning thing?
                  On this board (actually on probably ALL message boards) the answer is a resounding YES. Espcially when your spilt personalities are flaming trolls.

The WAB Rules should make this clear:

§ 5) Miscellaneous
                  1. multiple registrations by the same person is prohibited, if you wish to change your username, contact an administrator
                  2. the administration of the World Affairs Board, without any previous notice, reserves the right to delete any topic or post and ban any user at any time
                  3. the rules are subject to change at any time, without previous notice

§ 6) Consequences for violation of forum rules include:
                  1. warning issued by a moderator or administrator
                  2. editing or deletion of the offending post
                  3. rescindment of posting privileges for a period of time (suspension)
                  4. permanent banning (including an IP address ban)

Or did Raptor1992 commit some other grievous crime?
                  No, his other personalities were enough to convict him a hundred times over.
                  Other than that, he was just an annoying 15 year old with some really inane posts that resembled that of an 8 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                    You seem questioningly curious Bulgar....Hmmmmm

J/K ;)
                    Hmmmmm good point....I think it's high time we put Bulgar under the microscope....

Comment

Hmmmmm good point....I think it's high time we put Bulgar under the microscope....
                      Or should we call him lulldapull?

;)
                      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                        Or should we call him lulldapull?

;)
                        Nah, young Bulgar is far more intelligent than lulldapull ever was.

Comment

Lul's posts where rather :) hard to understand. ;)

Comment

Lul's posts where rather :) hard to understand. ;)
                            What makes you say that? ;)
                            Overuse of smilies?

Comment

Ahh, but maybe that's his modus operandi

[GLANCESSUSPICIOUSLYOVERHISSHOULDER]
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X