Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think other posts in this thread show that the true measure of air power are the tactics, logistics, and training more than the technology. Sometime tech can provide a huge edge (I think a F-22 would kill as many SU-27s as it has missiles, and then would run away effectively), but aircraft of about the same generation are a pretty close match if the support organization would somehow be the same.

Of course, I think a B-52H with the latest block AMRAAM would smoke a SU-27 unless the SU-27 has a AEW platform guiding it
    The SWO

Comment

• Originally posted by JA Boomer View Post
      Once again, you can credit the F-15 with having been proven in combat...but you CAN'T discredit the Su-27 for not having been used extensively in combat operations. This is a consideration, but it should not be what you base your decision upon.

How far do you want to go with that...such that they have the same radar, same missiles, same pilot...I mean there are certain differences that you have to take into account. If you’re suggesting what I think you are, then all your concerned about is which airframe has the best aerodynamics.
      Are you saying that the Su-27 is better than the F-15?

Thanks!

Comment

• I am sure that the US Air Force with SU27s could massive damage to a Russian Air Force with F-15s. If both planes were flown by the same air force, then whoever shoots first probably wins since dodging a modern BVR AAM is problematic at best for any pilot. Dodging a modern SAM is pretty much impossible, thats why I like AEGIS, CEC and SM-6
        The SWO

Comment

• Originally posted by Bella View Post
          Are you saying that the Su-27 is better than the F-15?

Thanks!
          Hell No! I'd take a F-15C against a Flanker of any day of the week

If I recall correctly, the air-to-air engagement simulation done a few years ago gauged the F-15C at 0.8 to 1 in mock engagements against the Su-35. I know the numbers from that report have been refuted, but if the Eagle can handle the Su-35 at that ratio, then a Su-27 or even a Su-30 should be dead meat.

EDIT: What I'd really love to see is the F-15+ Super Eagle, with the E's engines, modern avionics, and the latest AESA radar. Sadly, this is more than unlikely to happen.

Comment

Working...
          X