A Gun Geek Emergency!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Gun Geek Emergency!

Okay fellow gun nuts and enthusuiasts, I seek knowledge.

Remember the movie "Dogs of War" with Christopher Walken?

Remember the cool rotary grenade/shotgun thingie he used in the movie?

A couple of years after I saw the movie, in a history class in high school we were looking at slides from a show about the Depression Era, and I saw a photo of a guy with a real one.

Then, a little while after that at a gun show, I saw a nice chrome-plated one for real. In a velvet-lined case. Mint. Many, many, many dollars.

For some reason the name "Madson" is stuck in my head as the name of it. Not Madsen like the MGs, but Madson. Regardless, I can't find any references to the thing on the net, except a site for Dlask Arms that says he made the thing up for the Dogs of War movie.

But I saw the pic.

And I saw the thing in the case.

So I know it's real.

Anybody have any ideas?

-dale

Hello Dalem,

Off the top of my head, I want to say that it is a Manville Gas Gun or relvative or variant of that critter. I have some hard information for it lying around and will dig it up for the convenience of the Board and post it when I get done with work unless someone else beats me to the punch.
    Pharoh was pimp but now he is dead. What are you going to do today?

Comment

This thing:
      Last edited by Bluesman; 15 Dec 06,, 18:14.

Comment

Actually, it may NOT exist.

From the Dlask Arms website:

The Dogs of War, starring Christopher Walken and Tom Berenger, required a special assault weapon for the commando team. Dlask Arms helped to create the unforgettable 12-gauge combat shotgun with a 20-round rotary magazine that perfectly met the movie's need.
        Last edited by Bluesman; 15 Dec 06,, 18:14.

Comment

I've seen that thing in Max Payne 2. I think they called it the Stryker.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Possibility one the MM1 or it's ancestor the Manville machine projector. the only other thing i could think of is it could have been a bad image you saw in which case a Chicago Typewriter could be confuses for it.

and just for kicks the USMC's Latest addition to the locker
            http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl14-e.htm

Comment

Manville! That's it.

Here.

Thanks!

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
                Manville! That's it.

Here.

Thanks!

-dale
                I was Right? I WAS RIGHT! Holly Molly and the white Socks won the World series? HEAD FOR THE HILLS THE END IS NIGH. lol

any way glad to be of help for once.

Comment

You da MAN, TE.

Comment

Working...
                  X