No announcement yet.

Iran president wants Israel "wiped off the map"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, on a visit to Israel, criticized the Iranian leader. "I don't agree that anyone should challenge the right of any U.N. member to exist, this is indeed inadmissible," Lavrov said.

Thats it? Thats all you can say about a president calling for the destruction of another country? Oh I forgot you cant bad mouth your source of income since you are building nuclear reactors for them right now and it might upset them.

But on Wednesday he brushed off Israel's calls for Security Council action, saying the matter is "too serious to be guided by politics."

Yeah, but you will continue to build this fool reactors that he can convert nuclear materials from to build weapons and aim at countries just like Israel and others though wont you! And gee that comes as a real surprise. I hope for your countries sake that it doesnt bring Russia into the fold with them for suppling the weapons of plutonium base because if it does we all may be looking at a major future conflict over this piece of trash and his followers.

He is no better then Saddam himself. Definately not someone who could be trusted to be fourthcoming about his nuclear intentions and programs. And certainly his country will become a major focus of all of the jewish settled countries that surround him as well as his suppliers of uranium with such threats.

I hold no grudge against Russia but they should think very clearly and cautiously reflect on a possible future with this man and his regime and what his aggenda is because it sounds like a war will be coming his peoples way in the very close future unless something is done about this volital sitiuation.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 27 Oct 05,, 19:45.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Don't worry too much Dreadnought, Russia isn't exactly popular with the Muslim community. Nukes from Iran could just as easily end up in Russia as elsewhere (and if that wouldn't be poetic justice for Nikita Khrushchev, I don't know what would).

Comment

I'd like Israel to reply with a stern response, diss him back, tell him how it is....

I'd like to see Ariel Sharon drop this line....

"You want to bring it, bring it, we ain't singing we bringing drama, f**k you and your motherf**king mama" (Tupac Shakur R.I.P).....

That would be sooo funny.

Comment

Im am in no way an authority on Russian population but dont they have a significant amount of Jewish descended people living in Russia and the surrounding countries or cacuses? If im correct why would they build reactors for this fool that wants to whipe out Israel? I cant see any amount of money being worth a conflict on their own soil over ethnic origins and what this idiots evil dreams are for Israel.
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 27 Oct 05,, 19:28.

Comment

Uh...for the past several hundred years Russia has been doing its best to simultanously exploit and wipe out its Jewish population (since these goals contradict eachother, the Jews were not wiped out). For example, Jewish men were forced to join the Russian army but then Russia passed a law saying you could take a Jewish person's land if the man wasn't around to claim it (since they were in the army they weren't around) and that the man's women and children could be expelled from Russia. Under the Soviet Union Jews were slightly better off, but Stalin hated Jews and did not trust them. Jews were not allowed to leave the Soviet Union and were constantly being watched by the KGB and arrested for practicing their religion or for "Zionist activities". This became a big deal in the 80s when a huge campaign was launched to convince the Soviet government to let the Jews go. This finally worked in the final days of the Soviet Union, and 1 million Soviet Jews moved to Israel over the next few years. But modern Russia is no friend to the Jews, what with the half of Russia's parliament trying to get a bill passed banning the Jewish religion. Also, there are more Muslims than Jews living in Russia now, so the ethnic thing wouldn't really work in the Jews favour even if it were true.

Comment

Ira,

I read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that the Russian Jews are returning to Russia from Israel.

Why?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Some are, partly cause many who left were not Jews and were just looking for an easy way out of Russia but decided to move back when Israel's economy crashed in 2001. Some who were actually Jews moved back for the same reason. However, Russian Jews have started coming again since Israel's economy started growing again in 2003 and its GDP growth hit 4.5% in 2004 and is expected to hit 5.5% in 2005 and unemployment has gone back down below 9% after reaching as high as 11% in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
                  Uh...for the past several hundred years Russia has been doing its best to simultanously exploit and wipe out its Jewish population (since these goals contradict eachother, the Jews were not wiped out). For example, Jewish men were forced to join the Russian army but then Russia passed a law saying you could take a Jewish person's land if the man wasn't around to claim it (since they were in the army they weren't around) and that the man's women and children could be expelled from Russia. Under the Soviet Union Jews were slightly better off, but Stalin hated Jews and did not trust them. Jews were not allowed to leave the Soviet Union and were constantly being watched by the KGB and arrested for practicing their religion or for "Zionist activities". This became a big deal in the 80s when a huge campaign was launched to convince the Soviet government to let the Jews go. This finally worked in the final days of the Soviet Union, and 1 million Soviet Jews moved to Israel over the next few years. But modern Russia is no friend to the Jews, what with the half of Russia's parliament trying to get a bill passed banning the Jewish religion. Also, there are more Muslims than Jews living in Russia now, so the ethnic thing wouldn't really work in the Jews favour even if it were true.

Thanks for clearing that up like i said im no expert.

Comment

Thanks.

But then it appears that these are "fairweather" Jews.

They should not be allowed in is my way of looking.

I wonder if they will be there when the chips are down!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
                      I'd like Israel to reply with a stern response, diss him back, tell him how it is....

I'd like to see Ariel Sharon drop this line....

"You want to bring it, bring it, we ain't singing we bringing drama, f**k you and your motherf**king mama" (Tupac Shakur R.I.P).....

That would be sooo funny.
                      As long as he's wearing black sweats, gold chains, and a sox hat when he says it. BTW, can anyone photoshop that?
                      F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

The Iranian President has no power

Iran is not a democracry and the people have no choice to elect who they want. The country is run by the council of Mullahs who have banned anyone from running for political office except those they approve of. The current president is just a mouthpiece of theirs. They act indepently through their own military/security forces to do things like fund Hezbollah, secret terrorists out of Afghanistan, and - as reveled in former FIB Director Louis Freeh's tell all book - they have been directly implicated in the Kobar Towars bombing. Now - on top of all of these actions to support terrorists killing both Israelis and American's and their declared desire to eliminate Israel - they are developing a nuclear bomb. This is the equivalent of a paroled murderer telling you that he is going to kill your family and then you watching him walk across the street to a gun store. What do you do?

Anybody with any sense would start by dropping a 2000lb JDAM on the roof of the Mosque that these Mullahs are at. Of course that won't happen for several reasons, and we wil have to wait until a nuke goes off in Tel Aviv or New York before our elected governments do something. Why? Everybody is afraid of making the other arab countries mad. Any of those contries are looking for any excuse to get mad at Israel and the US doesn't want to piss off its arab allies (and complicate the oil thing)

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up like i said im no expert.
                          No problem.

Thanks.

But then it appears that these are "fairweather" Jews.

They should not be allowed in is my way of looking.

I wonder if they will be there when the chips are down!
                          The thing is, it is not easy to distinguish between normal immigrants and "fairweather" Jews. You can't just ban Russians from immigrating, especially since Russian immigration led to a huge economic boom in the 90s and greatly increased Israel's knowledge base. The longer they stay, the less likely they are to leave, and the IDF serves as a melting pot to teach them Israeli culture, make them fluent in Hebrew, and fill them with patriotism. And their children will be normal Israelis. Israel needs stability so that the "fairweather" Jews stay so that they transform from economic migrants/refugees into proud citizens. If Israel only took in immigrants who were ready to die immediately for a country they had never been to, there would be a shortage of immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by JBodnar39
                            Anybody with any sense would start by dropping a 2000lb JDAM on the roof of the Mosque that these Mullahs are at. Of course that won't happen for several reasons, and we wil have to wait until a nuke goes off in Tel Aviv or New York before our elected governments do something. Why? Everybody is afraid of making the other arab countries mad. Any of those contries are looking for any excuse to get mad at Israel and the US doesn't want to piss off its arab allies (and complicate the oil thing)
                            War in Iraq. Direct Iranian intervention would make it much more problematic. And Iran is not an arab country. That plus the fact that it's primarily Shia muslim makes me doubt whether too many arab nations would so much as shed a tear.

Comment

No one should be wiped off the World Map. I think both countries look great on the atlas.
                              Iran should try to control it's offensive comments about any independent state. In case then, Irans needs to be wiped out. ;)

Comment

If Israel only took in immigrants who were ready to die immediately for a country they had never been to, there would be a shortage of immigrants.
                                That's one department you can bank upon the Indian Mizo Jews who are emigrating to Israel - die immediately for Israel.

They are the tribe that is also the backbone of our Assam Regiment.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                                X