No announcement yet.

Iran president wants Israel "wiped off the map"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The South Africans during that time were considered an apartheid government and did not get any support from any part of the world. So, the Israelis could have used that desperation to transfer a bit of technology covertly to them in exchange for their tacit / active support.

Either way, the entire Vela Incident seems very murky and interesting at the same time...

Comment

• The South Africans opennly admitted to Israeli involvement up to and including weapons design input but there is no evidence that the South Africans were involved in the Vella Incident, at least not with the documents they have released thus far.

Comment

• Yep, as I mentioned in the earlier post, the South Africans might not be DIRECTLY involved...

Maybe they were intimated just hours before the test and so they couldn't do anything to stop it. Or, alternately they had tacit knowledge and they didn't want to stop it because the Israelis would have threatened them with the technology transfer bargaining chip.

Comment

• I cannot prove a negative but the South Africans have openned their books and the Vella Incident is not in those books.

Comment

• I read your posts on other threads, sir, and I have a lot of respect of your opinions given the high positions in the military that you have held...

But, in this particular case, I beg to differ because of the simple reason that if the Vela Incident is true, the implications and repercussions could be devastating and profound even today....

So, I don't think covert operations of such a nature would even be on the books....

In fact, if I put myself in South Africa's shoes, I'd make sure that no evidence ever existed of such a collaboration, if indeed there were any...

Comment

• I urge the posters that are engaged on this subject to re-read this thread (particularly MY very prescient posts from FOUR YEARS ago;)). It has played out exactly as I said it would, and the bankrupt and utterly busted arguments posed against mine have been destroyed by the passage of the four intervening years, particularly of the last few days.

So, weigh in, here: who had more on the ball, me or sweef sored?

Comment

Working...
              X