Anything wrong with these details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axl
    wait a second. its not a requirement of tank units to do air defence. fine. but that means also that they are not able to and that they don't train it? if you take all your knowledge out of books and don't see a need to talk to people, don't you think you miss something? you have kinda like a poor attitude, don't you think? i have a book that the world is a disk and stay with this opinion until i get a better book which describes that the eath is a globe.

is in your official requirement list something about tanks being able to ford up to 4 meters or go 90km/h fast?

regards
    axl
    Son,

My qualifications include seeing combat, bringing my people home. I've lost people. I've buried friends. I've received fire. I've returned fire. I've shot at people who dropped and to this day, I don't know if it was my bullet that did it or someone else's and I rather not know. I've been asked by a little girl why her father ain't coming home no more. I've seen dogs eating dead babies - at least I hoped they were dead before the dogs started eating them.

So, think long and hard before you start questioning my attitude.

Field Manuals are IMPORTANT. They tell you IN WRITING the EXACT procedure on how a thing is done so that there can be no mistakes. If it's important enough to train for, it's important enough to have a FM for it.

And one last thing - simulators DO NOT qualify as battle eval. ALL Battle Evaluations are based upon LIVE FIRE exercises. In this case, even if it's a drone. Computers ain't the real world. That's one bit of experience you should take to heart.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 01 Nov 03,, 15:40.

Comment

This matter is up for review by the admin Stinger.

Comment

same question...different post...

Al-Khalid marvel of Tank-tech sets new world record
        CAN ANYONE ON THIS FORUM CONFIRM THIS???

ISLAMABAD, Oct 20 (APP): A 23-member Royal Saudi Land Forces evaluation team headed by Maj Gen Ahmed Bin Saeed Al-Shehri visited Pakistan for evaluation of indigenously manufactured products of Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT). The evaluation team was warmly welcomed by the Chairman HIT, who gave them an exhaustive briefing on the capability of HIT and its potential for marketing sophisticated weapon systems suiting the dictates of modern warfare.

The Saudi team showed keen interest in state-of-the-art and pride of Pakistan Armour, Al-Khalid tank and APC Saad, and carried out intensive in-house technical evaluation and trials.

During the arduous trials under most inhospitable environments, the roaring Al-Khalid, a marvel of tank technology performed astoundingly well. It is for the first time that a Main Battle tank (Al-Khalid) attained 100% hits at a distance of 4,000 meters and set an unprecedented record in tank technology. Al-Khalid also fired while moving, on a moving target at various ranges upto a distance of 3,000 meters and achieved 100% Results. ...NOW I HAVE SEEN THE PERFORMANCE OF A LATEST CHALLENGER IN RECENT GULF WAR. THE GUNNER (WHILE STATIONARY) HAD TO FIRE SEVERAL ROUND BEFORE HE COULD BRING A TELEPHONE/ELECTRICITY POLE (ABOUT 15-20 INCHES WIDE) DOWN BEING ONLY 20-40 METERS AWAY FROM IT.

The lethality and accuracy of the weapon stations of Al-Khalid, its high power to weight ratio and manoeuvrability demonstrated in the most hostile terrain speaks volumes of its agility and combat capability to challenge any tank of the world.

Saudi Master Gunner, Subedar Major Yahya Bin Ahmed Atif achieved the rare feat of hitting a bulls eye at extreme ranges with 100% accuracy and achieved record firing results with a few days training only, indicative of user friendliness of Tank Al-Khalid.

>> is it reall rare or may be its rare bcoz its a saudi gunner??

The delegation was highly impressed with the performance of tank Al-Khalid and APC Saad during arduous trials. The new generation, APC Saad of Pakistan Armed forces has also been totally manufactured in Pakistan with a vision to meet the demands of 21st century battlefield. Pakistan is rightfully proud of its engineers and technicians who envisioned, designed and manufactured such combat multipliers, giving its Armed Forces the power punch and capability to face any challenge to its national security.

>> can some tankers here tell me WTF the author was smoking when writing this article and how true his claims are??

Copied it from PDF...wher else :D
        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

>>btw one more ranting by anohter versatile tanker, who indeed compared AK Vs Abrams and said AK's r better!!

AK just impressed the hell outta the Saudis ........ the reports are thr ......... ok then u shrugg it of as propoganda ........ well my frnd auto loader is just an added luxury ........ AK can always be manually loaded it has off course both mechs ........ DU armour ......... well if its required it can always be added on for some more cash (OMG :D )......... i didnt dismiss the optics and electronics ....... off course the brand names have proved themselves ........ i said that if AK doesnt have branded stuff it doesnt mean AK's subsystems are not good ......... (........reading?) ......... n then AK costs 1.5 Million $ ......... M1 6~7 Million $ ......... AK has options for upgrades ....... which can be filled up when required so ......... we r even i guess ......... and yeah ........ the desert is AKs home ........ M1 ....... well ......... u knw what it does in the desert .....(OMG :D ).

Comment

Yeah, i know what the M-1 does in the desert.

NTC, Desert Storm, OIF....not too bad.

Comment

@jay
              please be realistic. the al khalid is a modified t-72, not more and not less. it's nice, but the "who is better" discussions lead to nowhere. 100% hit accuracy is a nice value if you forget to say against what targets and under what conditions. usually this value depends also on the gunner and not only on the tank. the al khalid is based on the chinese type 90III and so based on the soviet t-72 design. the basic armour is not that good, so the tanks has been equipped with era. there are many claims about the fcs (most guys say it is french), but the sights look exactly like the ones of the type 98. there should be also an auto tracking system, but nobody can explane me that (i know what it is, but not where the one of the al khalid should come from). the power of the fcs is not that high, as it would produce alot of heat and the al khalid does not have air condition. on the other hand al khalid is claimed to be designed for extreme hot climate.
              export customers will have a problem with the tank. the design comes from china, the engine from the ukrain. this is resulting in a logistical and political nightmare. people could go directly to china (type 98) or ukrain (t-84) instead of getting a mix.

regards
              axl

www.kampfpanzer.de

Comment

AXL,
                Thanks. You pretty much re-iterate the same stories that has been brweing for a while.
                We pretty much argued about AK to death, but was just surprised to see this article in press and just wanted to have a laugh with you all.

Comment

Working...
                X