Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: the MYTH of 'Aryanism'

Quote Originally Posted by Aryaramnaes
    In common usage Aryans are used to refer to Sanskritic Indian, Central Asian and Iranian people becase at ONE TIME they ALL used to be Sanskrit speaking Vedic people, but they then developed their own culture and way of life, deviating from the Vedic Civilization of India and hence lost their 'noble-ness'.
    Hi Aryaramnaes,
    Just wanted a clarification, you said -

"becase at ONE TIME they ALL(Sanskritic Indian, Central Asian and Iranian people) used to be Sanskrit speaking Vedic people" -

I had this impression that Sanskrith was a language spoken mostly by the priests and the rest spoke in language common to their region. You are giving me an impression that Sanskrith was sort of a mass language. Is that so?

Red October Senior Contributor Monk's Avatar
    I didn't want to contribute anything to this thread but the nonsense and the lies have really gotten to me.
    Does the term Indo-Aryan mean anything to you people? It describes the racial ethnicity of 72% of India, pakistan, Afghanistan and persia. These people share common roots, language etc. The holy book of the zorasters the ZEND AVESTA is nothing but the Rg Veda in another language. I hope I am being clear enough for everyone to understand. The aryan roots like someone pointed out is very difficult to make out because of the cauldron of races which have lived in Central Asia. If you google for anthropological studies on this subject you will get some good material (and lot of trash).

For the final time 72% Indians, Pakistanis, Some afghnas and Iranians are definitely members of the Indo-Aryan race. Aryan's claims that pakistanis are west asians or martians or whatever the hell is wrong.

Finally the word "Aryan" is a derivative of the sanskrit word "Arya" - which means "one of noble acts or deeds" , all the members of the four castes were referred to as "Arya". Any of the ancient hindu books will give you this info. My advice is to read the arthashastra. The term "Aryan" is not german or european by any means.
    "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Raj K Warrior
    Hi Aryaramnaes,
    Just wanted a clarification, you said -

"becase at ONE TIME they ALL(Sanskritic Indian, Central Asian and Iranian people) used to be Sanskrit speaking Vedic people" -

I had this impression that Sanskrith was a language spoken mostly by the priests and the rest spoke in language common to their region. You are giving me an impression that Sanskrith was sort of a mass language. Is that so?
    Sanskrit was never a language for the masses. Thats why it is unfortunately dying today.
    "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

Sir Winston Churchill

35 minutes outside Chicago (please don't refer to it as "Chi-Town"...that's annoying)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray
    all humans are from outer space!

I hope that helps.
    I wish that were true, Ray. Then we'd at least have somewhere to send some of these clowns that show up here back to.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    I didn't want to contribute anything to this thread but the nonsense and the lies have really gotten to me.
    Does the term Indo-Aryan mean anything to you people? It describes the racial ethnicity of 72% of India, pakistan, Afghanistan and persia. These people share common roots, language etc. The holy book of the zorasters the ZEND AVESTA is nothing but the Rg Veda in another language. I hope I am being clear enough for everyone to understand. The aryan roots like someone pointed out is very difficult to make out because of the cauldron of races which have lived in Central Asia. If you google for anthropological studies on this subject you will get some good material (and lot of trash).

For the final time 72% Indians, Pakistanis, Some afghnas and Iranians are definitely members of the Indo-Aryan race. Aryan's claims that pakistanis are west asians or martians or whatever the hell is wrong.

Finally the word "Aryan" is a derivative of the sanskrit word "Arya" - which means "one of noble acts or deeds" , all the members of the four castes were referred to as "Arya". Any of the ancient hindu books will give you this info. My advice is to read the arthashastra. The term "Aryan" is not german or european by any means.
    Doesn't really matter. All that matters is your educational qualifications. :( I wish I get some benefits for being Ind--Aryan BAH!!!
    I rant, therefore I am.

Actus Reus Senior Contributor sparten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray
    all humans are from outer space!

I hope that helps.
    Sir you really have been reading too much of that New Age stuff.
    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Senior Contributor
    Sanskrit was never a language for the masses. Thats why it is unfortunately dying today.
    I though Sanskrit already was dead, similar to Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgaroctonus
    Not really, I personally can understand a fair amount. Some of my friends could even read, write and speak.

Sir Winston Churchill

Not really, I personally can understand a fair amount. Some of my friends could even read, write and speak.
    I can read and write .. and speak very slowly

But then this was years ago, must refresh
    I rant, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by srirangan

But then this was years ago, must refresh
    I am going to make an honest effort to learn the language. If I don't i cant read a whole amount of fantastic hindu heritage books, which i dont want to miss out.

Sir Winston Churchill

Real Madrid CF Senior Contributor indianguy4u's Avatar
    I had Sanskrit as 50 mark subject in my school days[3 yrs of it]. I have lost touched with it now. But understand most of it, difficult in speaking.
    Hala Madrid!!

Real Madrid CF Senior Contributor indianguy4u's Avatar
    I am going to make an honest effort to learn the language. If I don't i cant read a whole amount of fantastic hindu heritage books, which i dont want to miss out.
    Try any translated version mate.
    Hala Madrid!!

I cannot do it, even fast!

My children can!

So, I prefer to talk, read and speak in Esparanto...... but then no one undestands me! ;(

All people on the net understand is................... gibberish!

If I understand correctly, the Aryans and native Indian peoples have intermixed so much that any distinction no longer exists. It is very hard to actually find the ethnic origin of many Central Asian peoples, as the whole area has been inhabited by so many different races.

The Indo-European theory holds that the Aryans, Iranians, and most Europeans came from a primordial Steppe culture. They share a common ancestor, as traced through their language. The theory doesn't necessarily mean that Iranians are Aryan, only that the two people had a common linguistic ancestor. I'm not sure to what extent this theory has been tested by genetics, if at all.

While Pakistan fell to Islam, India never fell completely to Islam. Although the Mughal Empire was powerful, Hindu civilization remained strong and is the main culture and religion of India.

I suggest you read "Return of the Aryans" by Bhagwan S Gidwani. A very interesting book.

Like Latin, it has mutated into various languages. And as Samudra mentions, it continues to be the language of scholarship.
    Last edited by gilgamesh; 17 Oct 05, at 23:06.

Thread Information