Embarrassing Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing Moments

In light of a minor embarrassing moment during a lunch meeting today, I would like to know:

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? Either @ work, school or just in life.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

You first....what happened at your lunch meeting today?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
      You first....what happened at your lunch meeting today?
      It was not too bad, really....could have been worse.

I was not paying a lot of attention (alright, fine, I was reading this board instead of paying attention) and I was eating a chicken ceasar salad at the same time. Apparently I cannot multi task as well as I thought because when someone directed a question at me and I looked up from my laptop, a piece of chicken fell off my fork and down my shirt.

I briefly thought of pretending nothing happened and just going into my explanation, but curiosity got the best of me and I looked down for a few seconds in the direction of the chicken, then I looked back up and directed my statement to the gentleman that had asked me the question and simply said "please excuse me while I go retrieve that." I then got up and left the room, did what I needed to do, stopped laughing, and went back in.

Afterwards, when someone came up and asked (jokingly) if I had everything under control, I just answered that "in every life a little chicken must fall".

"To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

No way.

It took me three years into our marriage before I could tell it to Lt. Bluesman.

Hell no. You folks are never gonna hear this one, because I still want to fall into the center of the Earth every time I think about it.

God DAMN.

It was SO bad, that whenever I think about it, I like to imagine that the people that were there (mostly sympathetic, definitely NOT LAUGHING AT ME), have all died, and my humiliation will remain secret forever.

Ain't that AWFUL?

Comment

THL's was better, because it involved b00bs.

Well, the general boobage area, anyway.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
            THL's was better, because it involved b00bs.

Well, the general boobage area, anyway.

-dale
            and we all know that the involvement of the female anatomy is the key to a good story...

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
              and we all know that the involvement of the female anatomy is the key to a good story...
              There was a story? ;)

-dale

Comment

There was a story? ;)

-dale
                Any story...stories in general.
                :)

Comment

There was a story? ;)

-dale
                  Haha.

Comment

I chipped my tooth by walking into the back of a semi-truck trailer. When I was young I always walked with my head down and I walked straight into the back of the thing in an empty parking lot by the Guildford Mall in Surrey.

Thank god no one saw that.
                    Originally posted by GVChamp
                    College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                      Is it...?

Comment

The first time I visited a dance bar!

Man, I still think those girls were laughing away at me like anything!

Comment

It was in 9th Grade in school. I liked this girl a bit (or atleast I thought so then ) and one of my friends who knew about it, informed the girl concerned. Well she came to my section of the 9th Grade and shouted at me in front of 2 sections of the 9th Grade. At that age all I could do was mumble apologies as if I had done something wrong.
                          "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So, so many for me, where do I start?

Okay, I'll go back when I was about 19 years old. Do any of you recall those little driver's license size cards they make with those cutesy little sexy sayings on them, that they sell in convenience stores? Well, a friend of mine gave me one and I stuck it in my wallet right next to my driver's license. It said, "If I tell you that you have a fine body, will you hold it against me?"

One night while driving home about 11:30, a policeman pulled me for speeding. He walked up to the car, and I reached into my wallet to get my driver's license. It was dark, and the officer took his flashlight to look at my license. He leaned into my window and said, ma'am, are you trying to be humorous or what?

I had NO idea what he was talking about, and I said, "excuse me?" He shined the flashlight on that humorous card I had inadvertently given to him. I gulped, and was speechless. I hurriedly rummaged back into my pocketbook to retrieve my license, making sure FIRST, it was the right one.

I apologized to him, and told him it was a joke card a friend had given to me, and it was done in error. He laughed, and said, where are you going in such a hurry...and I said home. He said, well, ....I'm on this highway every night, so slow it down, okay? He let me go with a warning...no ticket.

I can't BELIEVE I did that, and NO ticket. Man, did I luck out.

Comment

Like Julie so so many but...
                              16, riding to school on my bike, flying down the hill and my bag starts falling off my carrier. Twist around to hold it on and run bang into the back of a car. That hurt enough but I also got bashed in the unmentionables by the handlebars on the way through. So there I am lying on the footpath groaning and holding on to my personal bits with this girl from down the road who I desperately wanted to impress standing there looking VERY embarrassed (and amused ) with her friend. Never could look her in the face after that.....
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X