Bangladesh plays the China card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't argue those nonsense
    Proves that your ideology is bogus and you have no answer.

Mumbai may want to be a Shanghai, but what of it? It means capitalism will be the credo with all its manifestations.

Got that, champion of the toiling masses but getting rich through capitalist means and corruption?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Oneness,

You just have to see the Overseas Chinese.

They left when Mao came.

Observe them in Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Canada, the US. Observe them in India if you wish. Not one Chinese is poor!

They are doing teriffic stuff.

Singapore broke away from Malaysia? Why? The Malays wanted to stifle their industriousness.

Why is Malaysia not fundamentalist Islamic even though the Malay Moslems have special privileges. Because, the Chinese control the Malaysian economy. If the Malay get funny, the Chinese will just squeeze their gonads!

Now you Communists have woken up. Too little and too late.

Mao was China's disaster. He curbed the Chinese spirit of being industrious and being financial wizards!
      Last edited by Ray; 10 Oct 05,, 23:22.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Lastly, Oneness and no mroe from me if I don;t hear from you.

I respect the Chinese. A great people.

But I don't respect Communists.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          Oneness,

You just have to see the Overseas Chinese.

They left when Mao came.

Observe them in Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Canada, the US. Observe them in India if you wish. Not one Chinese is poor!

They are doing teriffic stuff.

Singapore broke away from Malaysia? Why? The Malays wanted to stifle their industriousness.

Why is Malaysia not fundamentalist Islamic even though the Malay Moslems have special privileges. Because, the Chinese control the Malaysian economy. If the Malay get funny, the Chinese will just squeeze their gonads!

Now you Communists have woken up. Too little and too late.

Mao was China's disaster. He curbed the Chinese spirit of being industrious and being financial wizards!

Apprantly you know nothing about China.Can you apply the same logic on India?

BTW, ask your country to invest in China's neighours. We will not think that's a threat. We will think how to make money from your investment. For example, we can sell something or maybe we can use the ports if you can build. Of course you need to be welcomed first.

Comment

No need to go further. In terms of nationalism, Mao was a great thing for China. But in terms of leadership, he was possibly the worst leader in the recent Chinese history. He is a peasant. How can he possibly know how to rule a country?

Comment

Here is a review of a recent biography of Mao

http://books.guardian.co.uk/reviews/...498718,00.html
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                Colonel, be careful out there, I know you would be laughing at me for saying this :) . I was in WI when there was this reckless shooting by a hunter coz of some stupid racial slurs.
                That was bad. From what I read in the papers, it was indeed a clash of civilizations (or lack thereof).

As for racial slurs, I'm hunting with a Micmac Elder, we're all asswipes to him. His favourite slur is d*ck as in "White D*ck can't shoot." "Yellow D*ck can't climb trees." "Is Green D*ck (as in new member to the gang) still in diapers?" "Weed D*ck (another Indian - sorry, native Canadian but they call themselves Indians) stroke himself too much (as in peeing alot)."

But he knows deer and we always fill our tags (and then some, card carrying Indians can take as much game as they want).

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                  Here is a review of a recent biography of Mao

http://books.guardian.co.uk/reviews/...498718,00.html

Many Chinese know that infamous book. When a person can only be attacked by lies, he is really great.

Chinese are more clear about Mao's mistake, and we understand the bad result of some of his policies and we know his good will for the country.

All of his mistakes can be ignored if comparing with the achievement under his leadership.

1. Chinsese did not worry about the invasion from other countries. Chinese had been struggling for this since opium war in 1840.
                  2. There was no warlords anymore
                  3. China was basically united except Hongkong, Macau and Taiwan. Hongkong and Macau's status were Mao's wise arrangement. They were the windows for the mainland when western countries had sanction against China. Taiwan issue was the result of civil war.
                  4. China had free and functioning public education system. Every one had the equal rights for studying. Even the colledge students were paid for studying. In 1976, more than 70% of Chinese could read and write. There were only 20% before Mao's leadership.
                  5. Cheap but functioning public health system. No protitute, no sex-related disease, no big plague. Chinese life expectancy increased from 35 to 65 in 1976
                  6. A relatively modern agricultural system. More than half of the arable land could be watered. Fertilizer ussage per MU (A chinese unit, 666 square mters) increased from 0.2kg to 20kg. A 13 large fertilizer devices were ordered from wetern countries when China improved relationship with US. Those devices began production in aroun 1980 and pushed China's agriculture to a high level. Crops productionincreased by 2.5 times, cotton 4.6 times, meat 2.3 times. Hybrid rice was developed and extensively used in China.
                  7. A relatively complete mordern industrial system. China could make trucks, tractors, planes, large ships, locomotives, TVs, computers, radios, cameras, power generators, ................anything you can name. Iron and steel production increased by 125 times, coal 15 times, electricity 47 times, petrolum 726 times, cement 71 times, ........ China achived this from nothing. This speed cannot be considered as slow. These truth cannot be denied.
                  8. A complete defense industry. China could build tanks, fighters, warships, missiles, n-bomb, h-bomb, SSN, ICBMs......... China achived this from nothing again.
                  9. Built similar railroad between 1949-1976 as what we did between 1978-today. China only had 22000km of railroad, but only 11000km was operational. Others was damaged or destroyed in the long time wars. But Chind had around 45000km of railroad in 1976. Today China had 70000km of modern railroad system. Considering CHina was much poor and much less developed. That speed was amazing.
                  10. The third front construction. That's a project for the possible war with USSR. It promoted the industry of western China to a high level. in 1976, there was no big development gap between eastern and western China.

If you need. there are more truth.
                  Last edited by oneman28; 11 Oct 05,, 04:19.

Comment

Originally posted by oneman28
                    Many Chinese know that infamous book. When a person can only be attacked by lies, he is really great.

Chinese are more clear about Mao's mistake, and we understand the bad result of some of his policies and we know his good will for the country.

All of his mistakes can be ignored if comparing with the achievement under his leadership.

1. Chinsese did not worry about the invasion from other countries. Chinese had been struggling for this since opium war in 1840.
                    3. China was basically united except Hongkong, Macau and Taiwan. Hongkong and Macau's status were Mao's wise arrangement. They were the windows for the mainland when western countries had sanction against China. Taiwan issue was the result of civil war.
                    4. China had free and functioning public education system. Every one had the equal rights for studying. Even the colledge students were paid for studying. In 1976, more than 70% of Chinese could read and write. There were only 20% before Mao's leadership.
                    5. Cheap but functioning public health system. No protitute, no sex-related disease, no big plague. Chinese life expectancy increased from 35 to 65 in 1976
                    6. A relatively modern agricultural system. More than half of the arable land could be watered. Fertilizer ussage per MU (A chinese unit, 666 square mters) increased from 0.2kg to 20kg. A 13 large fertilizer devices were ordered from wetern countries when China improved relationship with US. Those devices began production in aroun 1980 and pushed China's agriculture to a high level. Hybrid rice was developed and extensively used in China.
                    7. A relatively complete mordern industrial system. China could make trucks, tractors, planes, large ships, locomotives, TVs, computers, radios, cameras, power generators, ................anything you can name. Iron and steel production increased by 125 times, coal 15 times, electricity 47 times, petrolum 726 times, cement 71 times, Crops 2.5 times, cotton 4.6 times, meat 2.3 times........ China achived this from nothing. This speed cannot be considered as slow. These truth cannot be denied.
                    8. A complete defense industry. China could build tanks, fighters, warships, missiles, n-bomb, h-bomb, SSN, ICBMs......... China achived this from nothing again.
                    9. Built similar railroad between 1949-1976 as what we did between 1978-today. China only had 22000km of railroad, but only 11000km was operational. Others was damaged or destroyed in the long time wars. But Chind had around 45000km of railroad in 1976. Today China had 70000km of modern railroad system. Considering CHina was much poor and much less developed. That speed was amazing.
                    10. The third front construction. That's a project for the possible war with USSR. It promoted the industry of western China to a high level. in 1976, there was no big development gap between eastern and western China.

If you need. there are more truth.
                    I doubt none of this. My question is why does Mao get credit for this, wouldn't it have happened anyway, and perhaps sooner, without his excesses?

Leibniz

Comment

X
                      Last edited by oneman28; 11 Oct 05,, 04:36.

Comment

I doubt none of this. My question is why does Mao get credit for this, wouldn't it have happened anyway, and perhaps sooner, without his excesses?

That's can be easily answered: All of the above was a a dream for Chinese for hundred of years, and struggled for genreations. No one else achived it. but Mao achived, then he got the credit. Any one sho lead china to achive that can get the credit.

Mao took that position not by his own power. He got it by the support from grass-root Chinese.

He is a nationalist. He sent his own son to Korean war who died in the battlefield. He had two sons left before the korean war (Some were lost during the revolutionary wars), but one has some mental problem due to the starvation in wars. No one else can do it.

Never think Mao is a stubbon commnunist. What he did was for his country. For CHina's interest, he could fight his communist brother USSR, for the interest of CHina he could make friends with his long time enemy USA.

He took care of farmers which are 80% of China's population. Also the food is the most urgent thing for China. So he asked all officials, all scientists, all the urban residents do what they could do to help farmers with srength, with knowledge with materials. That's why some people tought they were surpressed because of this. No matter what, Mao's will was good.

Comment

Originally posted by oneman28
                          No one else can do it.
                          Having grown up amongst a large Chinese imigrant community in my home town I know this is untrue. Your lack of faith in your countrymens abilities astounds me.

Leibniz

Comment

I do doubt this BS. What Mao did wasn't exactly world class.

Oh, the Chinese worried. Twice from the Americans and once from the Soviets

Red Guards

The only thing you could say was that the country was united in anarchy. The Great Leap Forward and the Great Proliterate Cultural Revolution. Yeah, real united there.

The Little Red Book

5. Cheap but functioning public health system. No protitute, no sex-related disease, no big plague.
                            No prostitutes? ROFLMAO! Mao's Widow was a big whore. And China's population explosion was all one big happy family. Get off it. The sex trade was rampant. Just never reported.

Chinese life expectancy increased from 35 to 65 in 1976
                            More of a result of clean water and farmers finally having a chance to do their trade than anything Mao did. Certainly Mao's agricultural policies were disasters.

6. A relatively modern agricultural system. More than half of the arable land could be watered. Fertilizer ussage per MU (A chinese unit, 666 square mters) increased from 0.2kg to 20kg. A 13 large fertilizer devices were ordered from wetern countries when China improved relationship with US. Those devices began production in aroun 1980 and pushed China's agriculture to a high level. Hybrid rice was developed and extensively used in China.
                            Let see, 1980. That's Deng Xia Peng, not Mao.

7. A relatively complete mordern industrial system. China could make trucks, tractors, planes, large ships, locomotives, TVs, computers, radios, cameras, power generators, ................anything you can name. Iron and steel production increased by 125 times, coal 15 times, electricity 47 times, petrolum 726 times, cement 71 times, Crops 2.5 times, cotton 4.6 times, meat 2.3 times........ China achived this from nothing. This speed cannot be considered as slow. These truth cannot be denied.
                            Pig Iron has alot of uses.

The rockets and nukes are to be respected. Everything else wasn't up to par.

1978-today again? Why that's DXP again.

Yep, they were both poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                              I do doubt this BS. What Mao did wasn't exactly world class.
                              LOL, I was just being polite Sir, I rather thought you might step in on this one

Leibniz

Comment

Mao's enemies hate him, but people remember him.

See the link: http://club.backchina.com/main/thread234265.html

You can see how Mao is still respected in China even you don't nderstand Chinese. All this happens even after long time critizing his mistakes.
                                Believe or not, more and more Chinese realize Mao's greatness after Chinese can access more information about him. More and more CHinese like the higher moral standard, fair society, clean gov, safety sense under his leadership.

I forgot to mention, China achived above without any internal and external debt.

Mao is not a god, but he is a great man.

Comment

Working...
                                X