Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Report of Commission of Inquiry - 1971 War as Declassified by Govt of Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Report of Commission of Inquiry - 1971 War as Declassified by Govt of Pakistan

Hi,

I reproduce here a few quotes from the report of the commission of Inquiry appointed the Govt of Pakistan reg the 1971 Indo-Pak war and its subsequent defeat.All these are related to the military aspects,therefore a few people might be intrested.

Although the matter has already been mentioned in Chapter 1 of the Report, yet it ought to be reiterated here that, in spite of our efforts it has not been possible for us to obtain the evidence of Lt-Gen A.A.K Niazi and other senior officers of the Eastern Command. We have accordingly tried to reconstruct the East Pakistan story with the help of the material made available to us by the services headquarters, as well as the evidence of a number of officers who managed to come away from East Pakistan immediately before the surrender. It is however, clear that at this stage our observations and conclusions regarding the surrender in East Pakistan and other allied matters should be regarded as provisional and subject to modification in the light of the evidence of the Commander, Eastern Command, and his senior officers, as and when such evidence becomes available.
    The Military Concept of National Defence

The basic document spelling out the strategic concept of the defence of Pakistan in War Directive No 4 issued by Field Marshal Mohammad Ayub Khan on 9th August 1967, in his capacity as the Supreme Commander of the Pakistan Armed Forces.

2. Paragraph 2 of this Directive describes the National Aim as "to preserve national security, integrity and the sovereignty of Pakistan, while promoting prosperity

(a) Our greatest, continuing and immediate military threat is from India. The size and posture of Afghan armed forces and the Afghan territorial claim, however, imply a positive threat. Every effort should be made to neutralize this threat through diplomatic and other actions. Planning for defence in West Pakistan must, therefore, cater for operations on two fronts, with major emphasis on front against India.

(c) No direct substantial military help can be expected from outside during a war but some countries may assist as per the last time.
    I just chose the quotes at random.Nothing much in them.The whole part can be found here

Thanks.

I will read it at leisure.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sir,
      I hear this report is banned in Pakistan!
      True ?

Comment

Working...
      X