Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Great Feeling to Be a Muslim: Mohammad Yousuf

http://iqna.ir/NewsBodyDesc_en.asp?lang=en&ProdID=30246

Pakistani batting stalwart Mohammad Yousuf, who announced his conversion to Islam a fortnight back, attended a function at Karachi where he defended his decision to change his religion from Christianity.

“Nobody pressurized me to accept Islam. I became a Muslim after attending many religious gatherings at Raiwind. Whenever I went there, I used to meet a 96-year-old Haji Abdul Wahab who impressed me a lot,” Yousuf, who attended the religious function with captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, was on Tuesday quoted as saying in Daily Times.

Yousuf told a gathering of around 2,000 people that when he started playing cricket one of his friends used to do special rituals for him by reading verses from the Holy Quran while he was asleep.

“And the next day I used to score big. He was my roommate and his act impressed me a lot. I started taking interest in Islam. One day I dreamt that my same friend was asking me to accept Islam,” Yousuf said.

He also said that he was living a satisfied life and had started learning Arabic and reciting the Holy Quran.

“In the Pakistan team, Inzamam supported me a lot. I have visited Raiwind with Inzamam and Saeed Anwar many times. I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is for me after becoming a Muslim,” he said.

What was your point?

Comment

The conversion of Youhana is a big blow to the Pakistani Christian community and secular aspirations of Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Comment

Originally posted by InnocentMonster
        The conversion of Youhana is a big blow to the Pakistani Christian community and secular aspirations of Islamic Republic of Pakistan
        Care to explain that?

Comment

Youhana was supposed to be role model for the oppressed miniscule christian community of Pakistan . And now he deserts them by converting to Islam . Imagine Sania Mirza or Zaheer Khan converting to Hinduism ? But then I guess thats the difference between the 2 countries - one is where differences are cherished and celebrated (India )and other where differences are not tolerated (Pakistan) .

Comment

He was a CRICKET PLAYER! Nothing else. He had nothing to do with any sort of political activism.

The thing I don't get it is, why are people personalizing his conversion in good or bad for mankind. Its his personal choice, he'll continue to play cricket.

Comment

"The thing I don't get it is, why are people personalizing his conversion in good or bad for mankind."

If you didn't want a discussion on conversion/cricket/Youhana/ why did you feel the need to start this thread in the first place

I've always wondered though why the ancestors of the Punjabi Muslims converted to Islam? Forced by the Turk invaders or persuaded by Sufis?
              sigpic

Comment

Actually (if you kept yourself informed enough you'd know) there's been a recurring sharply critical discussion of Yousuf's conversion on WAB for several weeks now. Now we get to hear straight from the horses mouth and I'm presenting the flip side of the story.

Comment

Who cares if he converts to Islam or Judaism really?

He is not that important, its not going to affect his cricket skills.

Comment

Now he can captain the pakistan side .
                    Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sameer

Sameer,

Who cares ? I do.
                      I guess every Citizen in a country is important.

Comment

“In the Pakistan team, Inzamam supported me a lot. I have visited Raiwind with Inzamam and Saeed Anwar many times. I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is for me after becoming a Muslim,” he said.
                        You bet...the conversion stopped all the persecution and threats, and now he is treated as a "first class" citizen fit to captain the Pak team. Who would'nt feel great after being treated as a first class citizen?... ;)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sameer

Exaclty, let him live in peace!

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                            Exaclty, let him live in peace!
                            May be he should have been allowed to live in peace when he was a Christian ? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
                              May be he should have been allowed to live in peace when he was a Christian ? ;)
                              He doesn't seem to be complaining

Comment

Working...
                              X