Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    Here's a sample and there's thousands of them around apparently

You'd think this lot would be all for covering faces ....

Gaza

The muslims are the people who are least affected. Not a single case in Gaza the senior doctors said

We'll see how long that lasts !!

These people do not know their own religion

Can the power of prayer alone stop a pandemic like the coronavirus? even the prophet muhammad thought otherwise | News week | Mar 17 2020

https://twitter.com/CraigCons/status...82298784468992
    The next breakout of a virus, which is slightly more contagious than Covid-19 will wipe out Islams' followers by 20-25%, if that is their belief. Mostly the educated and informed will survive, most muslims are far from being both, or anything at all.
    Last edited by Oracle; 06 Apr 20,, 11:56.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 16.19.27.png
Views:	2
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	1478765

With some 100 less infections, India has 100+ deaths. Anyone who thinks with 3500 infections, Pak has just 52 deaths must be kidding. Even if those are young, Pak has a healthcare system that kills more than it saves. Those who have money, come to India and get themselves treated. Way to go ISPR. Sheessssshhh!
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Over 25,500 Tablighi Jamaat members quarantined in country till now; 5 Haryana villages sealed: MHA

Majuli sends 800 on home quarantine

Himanta Biswa Sarma seeks Tablighi list as another tests positive in Assam

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 19.49.49.png
Views:	2
Size:	447.4 KB
ID:	1478766

This is India @ PA/ISI/ISPR.

How the Delhi police got Tablighi Jamaat to vacate their headquarters

Comment

• This guy had 107 degrees fever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
              Why does your twitter link has intellectuals with IQs of 300 and above like Michael Kugelman, Ilhan Omar, Cynthia D. Ritchie, Ashok Swain, CJ Werleman? These fraud leftists need a naked spanking in their a$$, while I have other ideas for that Cynthia and Ilhan.
              I don't understand what you're saying. That guy's an islamic scholar.

Explained very clearly what the hadiths say about epidemics.

Had there not been an epidemic Paks would have brought their people back.

Now, he hasn't said that but i've connected the dots here.

Ignorance of the Quran and early islamic military history puts us at a disadvantage when it comes to understanding their intent. Already this happened numerous time in the past with us and even to the Israelis when dealing with the Pals.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Apr 20,, 17:09.

Comment

With some 100 less infections, India has 100+ deaths. Anyone who thinks with 3500 infections, Pak has just 52 deaths must be kidding.
                1.5% CFR ? nothing unusual there. I expect case fatality rate for C19 to be under 1% worldwide once all infected are accounted for. And it is difficult to confirm mildly infected unless the test kits are antigen instead of RNA based. So numbers of infected will be under recorded in most places any way.

What should have clued you in that these are NOT ISPR numbers is similar infection numbers for a country with a fraction of the population as ours. They're not testing faster or more than us.

Why the number is similar, it should be proportionately lower for a smaller population yes ?

To compare countries of different population size the per million metric is used. Per milllion Pakistan has six times more infected cases than we do. Pretty high. Community spread is taking place because people are still gathering in groups and it means numbers could spike soon. Those stupid videos are fooling illiterate muslims in India as well as in Pakistan.

If Imran can show ten times the problem than gulf donor countries are experiencing it helps him get supplies. Remember the interest here is to generate sympathy. They aren't going to understate their numbers.

Thing with deaths though is an open question as people will question whether it was a C19 death or not. The most vulnerable will have other issues which this thing will push them over the edge. Double their reported death rate if you want. It might not be too far off.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                Even if those are young, Pak has a healthcare system that kills more than it saves. Those who have money, come to India and get themselves treated. Way to go ISPR. Sheessssshhh!
                The majority of people that get infected do not need a health care system. Chicken soup, Tylenol, Crocin. Whatever fever medication and some prayers.

If they're young their odds of surviving are very good and they have a young demographic there.
                Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Apr 20,, 17:06.

Comment

• So I asked an Indian muslim how to deal with the communication gap with this virus?

His answer

you can't dig a well at the time of fire. We need only education. No minority tag. Only reservation in education. And punishment to parents who don't send their kids to school.

Regarding covid 19, I think Muslim areas should have strict curfew for next 20 days and more testing in our areas.
                  He's advocating Wuhan style for muslim areas

What i heard people tell me is some families take their kids out of school between 4th & 6th std and send them to a madrasa instead.

That has to stop.

What prompted me to ask him was his opening post about the behaviour of the TJ

Being a Muslim I'm ashamed of their attitude.

One person from Kashmir who was the first victim of covid 19 and attended this markaz told people that this disease is not for Muslims.

Then for who? Can anyone tell me.

He is third richest person of Kashmir having many doctors in his family. He attended namaz jamat two places.

We are having so many many covid cases due to such people.
                  I've thrown what considine said at him too. Let's see what he replies with.
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Apr 20,, 18:31.

Comment

• Remarkable. Bear in mind the amount of people presently in home quarantine is already in the six figures. This is another 25k extra.

How they track these people and whether they are abiding by their quarantine i don't know. Educating the public to recognise the stamps on their hand and then reporting or dissuading the law breakers is the only way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                      What i heard people tell me is some families take their kids out of school between 4th & 6th std and send them to a madrasa instead.
                      What's the percentage of children in India that do more than 4-6 years of school?

Keeping in mind that compulsory education in India for children age 6-14 was only introduced 10 years ago - and that i read reports years later still that among poor families it was common to at most do half that. Regardless of religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                        What's the percentage of children in India that do more than 4-6 years of school?

Keeping in mind that compulsory education in India for children age 6-14 was only introduced 10 years ago - and that i read reports years later still that among poor families it was common to at most do half that. Regardless of religion.
                        https://www.statista.com/statistics/...schools-india/

Those figures seem quite optimistic to me.

BY the madrasa thing i mean they do return to school. They just take a three year break in between the ages of 9 to 12

Comment

^ 15 Euros just to cut ones' hair is a lot, even by EU standards, but I guess that is the fair price to pay living in a developed country.
                          Typically $25-30 at a normal barber/hair stylist in San Diego for an ordinary haircut. $20 at a chain haircut shop. There's Mexican places that'll cut your hair for $10.

A tip of ~20% is customary too.

Average rent for a 1br in San Diego runs $1800, which is almost exactly the same as the average annual per capita income in India. Then there's other bills and expenses that have to be paid. That's why haircuts cost what they do.

Myself, I go to the barber college for $5, and tip $10-12.
                          Last edited by Ironduke; 06 Apr 20,, 23:45.
                          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Read the last couple of pages.

How prepared? I don't know. DE is very confident about India managing the outbreak. The government is trying its best to limit community transmission. Nizamuddin (Delhi) is the epicentre, fast forward, infected people from there probably have infected many more. I believe community transmission has already started.
                            If you look at infected in the US there are mere counties in some states that have more cases than our entire country.

Miami Dade county in FL has about as many as we have in total.

Population of Miami Dade is 2.75 million

Something isn't right. We're not testing enough. We certainly are not and need to ramp up.

Consider that the number of people we have in quarantine was at 80k over two weeks back. This will rise with time.

People that came from abroad, who they got in touch with other mishaps etc. Two weeks.

No symptoms by then, you're good otherwise seek treatment.

People out of circulation are people who cannot infect others.

The disease surveillance network was setup two decades ago. It tracks 32 diseases currently.

The govt has asked NGO's to help now.

Govt taps 92,000 NGOs to help feed and shelter lockdown-hit migrants | TOI | Apr 01 2020
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Apr 20,, 00:24.

Comment

• Bill Gates, fighting viruses since Windows 95 : D

Comment

• Looks like we approved the export to the US only for now. There's 29 more countries that want it as well.

India plays US' friend in need, allows hydroxychloroquine export to fight covid | Livemint | Apr 06 2020

Two government officials familiar with the matter said that the Committee of Secretaries headed by Cabinet secretary Rajiv Gauba gave its green signal to the lifting of the ban – albeit with certain conditions attached.

These were
                                - domestic availability and sufficient stocks of the drugs for people at home,
                                - the situation in the covid-19-affected country and
                                - India’s ties with countries to which the drugs will be exported to, one of two officials cited above said.

The second official said that this decision had received the “all clear" and could be implemented soon.
                                India provides nearly half the US supply for that drug.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Apr 20,, 05:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X