Will SARS make a come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Of greater concern of the Australian officials was he lied on his visa application about his previous travels to get to Australia. If you or I did that we may not have even made it past customs.
    The minister has the power to deny a visa for basically any reason he wants. The fairly obvious lies on the application & questions over the truthfulness of his COVID diagnoses were grounds. So is virtually anything else the minster so desires.

There is very, very little sympathy for him here, and I note that the French Open has now made it clear that it will be a vaxed only tournament.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Of greater concern of the Australian officials was he lied on his visa application about his previous travels to get to Australia. If you or I did that we may not have even made it past customs.
      Why was he allowed into the country in the first place ?

The greatest concern for GoA is the court not overturn the visa denial by the immigration minister. That would have been a real embarrassment.

12 hours of deliberations on a Sunday, GoA happy, 70% Aussies happy.

Djokovic unhappy.

I'm surprised to learn that the men's top seeded player sees no risk of Covid to himself (!)

He's an active player. He does not work at a desk. One bad spell and its curtains for his career.

People can be strong headed but this is taking it a bit far.

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      There is very, very little sympathy for him here, and I note that the French Open has now made it clear that it will be a vaxed only tournament.
      Precedent set
      Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Jan 22,, 17:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Cause as I said, he is not you or I. He was sent to a quarantine motel while his case was heard...just like every other scofflaw.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Precedent set
          Are you a top ranked tennis player? Nope, end of story.

Comment

• ...and they call it, "NeoCoV."

Originally posted by WION
            WHO: More research needed on deadlier coronavirus flagged by Scientists in Wuhan
            28 January 2022

Scientists in Wuhan have flagged a deadlier coronavirus found in bats from South Africa. They say the virus is one mutation away from infecting humans. Its mortality rate is around 33%.

Last edited by JRT; 29 Jan 22,, 09:14.

Comment

Working...
            X