Will SARS make a come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Takes my mind back to WWII.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• We're down to groups of maximum three on public grounds now, larger families excluded.

The closures are beginning to get to people. Some guy here yesterday pulled a pistol on some garbage workers after being told their recycling center was closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
        We're down to groups of maximum three on public grounds now, larger families excluded.

The closures are beginning to get to people. Some guy here yesterday pulled a pistol on some garbage workers after being told their recycling center was closed.
        Maximum of 2 here. Section 144 imposed.

There are people who sell fish for a living. Not talking about fish markets, but people who actually bring fresh fish right to our homes. They said that from Sunday, for a week, fish markets would be closed. Did some panic fish buying, then got to know Dad already bought enough.

As per local news, after 48 hrs, the administration would take a decision whether to close down crowded places in Ghy. The DC here will take that call. Need to buy booze tomorrow first thing. Alcohol is needed to sanitize the inner body from COVID-19. <inner peace> <inner peace> <inner peace> !!!
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Maximum of 2 here. Section 144 imposed.
          Bavaria got you beat - maximum of 1, and even then not generally.
          • Leaving home only allowed for "due cause" (these are: work, procuring daily supply, visiting partners/elderly/sick, caring for animals, burials within close family and ... sports, as long as you're alone).
          • Minimum distance of 1.5m to all people not belonging to your household becomes mandatory.

Subject to 25,000 Euro fines for violation.

The decree ends with "May God protect our Homeland!".

Comment

The decree ends with "May God protect our Homeland!".
            Every tine I hear something like that I cringe in reflexive action...

Comment

• Police here in Heidelberg is actually now applying the law.

Last night 12 groups of mostly youths exceeding the allowed 3-person cap - with an average of 6.4 people - were disbanded by police. All 77 people face prosecution under the Infection Protection Law, with sentences up to 2 years prison possible.

Comment

Police here in Heidelberg is actually now applying the law.

Last night 12 groups of mostly youths exceeding the allowed 3-person cap - with an average of 6.4 people - were disbanded by police. All 77 people face prosecution under the Infection Protection Law, with sentences up to 2 years prison possible.
                Two years in prision ... think about that for a minute ... jammed in with a whole bunch of people in a small space . . .
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                  Two years in prision ... think about that for a minute ... jammed in with a whole bunch of people in a small space . . .
                  Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    Prisons have started postponing entrance dates for serving sentences until after the crisis, for any less serious cases. ;-)

These kids will probably get away with a couple hundred Euro in fines each though. Unless they're caught again.

Comment

• Couple days ago the PM called for a nation wide "peoples" curfew on Sunday

All shops shut from 7am - 9pm. All to stay indoors.

Looks like the govts way of easing people into a lock down situation.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	dawn.png
Views:	2
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1478690

Number of positive cases are shooting up rapidly.

Comment

• We're gonna break through the 20k barrier today - 18,610 cases and 55 deaths as of 8 hours ago.

My state is now officially top in Germany with 3,807 cases and 21 deaths.

Click image for larger version

Name:	covid.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1478691
                          Last edited by kato; 22 Mar 20,, 10:02.

Comment

• India observes Janata curfew, millions stay indoors

Govt decides to shutdown 75 coronavirus-hit districts across the country

All trains cancelled till Mar 31st.

Comment

• There was already a slump in the Indian economy, a recession will likely follow.

Comment

• Italy is shutting down all "nonessential" factories.

Comment

Working...
                                X