No announcement yet.

Will SARS make a come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• DE, if you understand Hindi, then this is a must watch. From a muslim to muslims. He's a Pakistani btw.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 18.51.38.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1478783

How do these people get inside India? Why give them visas? Mind boggling isn't it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 19.06.47.png
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	1478784
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          I've had receding hairline for the last 10 years or so. Around 4-5 years back I decided to shave off my hair every week. So, every weekend I'd go to the barbershop and shave off my bear and hair. And yes, bald is extremely low maintenance and the look is intimidating to many. :D

I have a cyst at the back of my head, so can't do it myself. Plus I don't know how you reach the back of your head around the edges.

Cost/week: Little more than 1 USD. Bald is sexy. Time to get the body of Stallone.

Celine likes you being bald?
          Well no one is getting a haircut now in California. Even worse women are unable to go and have their hair done on a regular basis along with their nails although nail salons have been violating the state mandate.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
            If one looks at numbers from German states then there might be an effect slightly visible - in those states where the mass innoculation and mass check campaigns were phased out earlier the age group 35-59 shows an increased caseload relative to overall infection cases in that state.

This becomes pronounced when looking at the numbers without dimensions. Prevalence in two such states:

Northrhine-Westphalia:
            [ATTACH]48456[/ATTACH]
            Baden-Württemberg:
            [ATTACH]48457[/ATTACH]

If we take these numbers for a "prevalence relative to 80+ age group" and put them in comparison with each other, then:
            15-34 = 123.6% in Northrhine-Westphalia compared to Baden-Württemberg
            35-59 = 123.7% in Northrhine-Westphalia compared to Baden-Württemberg
            60-79 = 105.5% in Northrhine-Westphalia compared to Baden-Württemberg

Baden-Württemberg had a mandatory mass Tb testing programme until 1983 while Northrhine-Westfalia suspended this in the early 50s. One could speculate that as a derived psychological side effect this also led to higher innoculation rates for both the age group born in this time and for their children.
            Is there a way to get deaths for those two states broken down by age groups ? the pattern might be more noticeable with deaths than case load

The deaths option seems disabled in the top left box. Only case load is default enabled

Germany C19 tracker

What is interesting is how many recovered !!

46k out of 103k infected is highest recovery rate i've seen for any country other than China : )

You did say that even mildly infected were being captured in the data so it follows then that the recovery rate will be high too. That tells us the Chinese also did the same. In fact there's 40k more asymptomatic that didn't even get included in the China data.

The countries that won't test unless symptoms become more prominent will have fewer recovered and a proportionately higher case fatality rate.

Comment

DE, if you understand Hindi, then this is a must watch. From a muslim to muslims. He's a Pakistani btw.
              My hindi is sketchy unfortunately can you give us a summary of the points he mentions.

Arif's been quite active over the last year.

Wish he'd do more in English as for an insider (former mayor of Karachi ?) he has some valuable insights.

Another Hussain Haqqani in the making
              Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Apr 20,, 19:17.

Comment

While there is a clear recognition in government of the huge economic costs of a lockdown, the over-riding concern at the moment is to first deal with the more immediate danger, according to people familiar with the situation.
                True

There may be some scope for reopening a few more amenities and conveniences apart from chemist and grocery stores; also, there could be a differentiated approach towards large cities and the virus hotspots on the one hand and the less vulnerable parts of the country on the other.
                Yes

“There is no question of opening state borders,” a top government official said. "Though a formal decision is yet to be taken, feedback so far suggests that relaxing restrictions would be hugely risky,” he added. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in a video message to BJP workers on Monday, had stressed that the battle against the pandemic would be long drawn, hinting at the possibility of the lockdown being extended.
                This is the problem, why aren't they letting goods through ?

This will cause unnecessary shortages in some items considered not essential that will eventually run out. I hear truck drivers are even getting caned in some places. Ridiculous !! At what point do these drivers just say to hell with it.

What it means is I have to stockpile anything that isn't made in my state at the risk of not finding it for the next two months.

I've managed to get some things in the last few days and there wasn't any one item per customer policy so just piled the cart up to the brim.

Online grocery delivery has been a total fail for me. NO delivery slots available. This has been the case since Mar 23.

The local shops were the ones that came through. Shelves around 50% in one store. Another was at 70%. Not too bad so far just entering the third week of the lock down. But I think they're drawing down on inventory they already had. Nothing new is arriving other than essentials.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                If lockdown persists, it will be atleast till April 30th. That is again my guess.
                Speaking to a shop manager earlier, was told, there would be a 4 day breather come the 15th so that takes us to the 19th, then a 28 lock down again, followed by a 4 day breather and then another 19 days of lock down. I don't know from where he got this information because i can't find it mentioned any where. But i'm going to assume its likely at least for my city and plan accordingly.

Unless the case load drops, until we don't see new cases for several days they won't relax things. They need to work out a phased departure from lock down.
                Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Apr 20,, 19:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  Is there a way to get deaths for those two states broken down by age groups ? the pattern might be more noticeable with deaths than case load
                  No way that i know of - presumably due to data protection issues.

As of March 31st Germany-wide people over 80 accounted for 67.4%, people 60-79 for 27.3% and people under 60 for only 5.3% of all deaths. That means by now with four times the numbers there'd be less than 5 deaths for people under 60 in most states in absolute numbers, not enough to derive any sort of statistics from it.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  You did say that even mildly infected were being captured in the data so it follows then that the recovery rate will be high too. That tells us the Chinese also did the same. In fact there's 40k more asymptomatic that didn't even get included in the China data.
                  The countries that won't test unless symptoms become more prominent will have fewer recovered and a proportionately higher case fatality rate.
                  Did i say that?

In Germany you only get tested if you have both:
                  - definitive symptoms AND
                  - have been in proven contact with a positive person or have been in a high-risk zone.

Symptoms evaluated for whether a person should be tested are the ones recommended by WHO for differentiation between corona, common cold and influenza. Basically one needs to run a fever and have a dry cough, but should not have migraines, aches in joints or be overly tired.

Italy, Spain, France for lack of capacity now only test people who are hospitalized with severe acute respiratory infections. That's of course a rather tighter constraint set than in Germany, but it doesn't mean Germany tests with mild symptoms.

Comment

Please enlighten me.
                    Opposition party was not responsible for those tiktok videos

Opposition party might have had something to do with the Delhi riots & Anti-CAA protests

What reasons?
                    Like i said, they cannot hope to mislead our youth without misleading their youth as well.

I'd like to know who was responsible for those videos. What person would do such a thing.

Knowingly mislead youth like that.

Your state isn't out of it yet if one goes by the below criteria

Name:	stages.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1478786

No one talks about booze shops man. What a F moralistic F country we live in. Everybody drinks, but nobody talks about it. Even our Gods drink. WTF.
                    It's starting..they're losing big time on excise. This is only going to get bootleggers going with moonshine.

Karnataka may allow liquor sale for 3 hours if curbs extended | TOI | Apr 07 2020

The government is considering making liquor available as incidents of people addicted to alcohol committing suicide and facing health problems due to withdrawal symptoms are on the rise, said officials of the excise department.

The incidents of burglaries targeting wine stores are also on the rise across the state since March 24.
                    Liquor stores are getting looted, HAHA!
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Apr 20,, 19:55.

Comment

Online grocery delivery has been a total fail for me. NO delivery slots available. This has been the case since Mar 23.

The local shops were the ones that came through.
                      Our city agency for business development started a new project for that today: They're basically organizing delivery services for shops in the city - with the idea that it would be hard for a regular small shop to get any delivery services in place quickly.

For the next ten days they'll even pay half the cost for the delivery, and they'll pay the first 1000 deliveries (in total). They basically got a couple local delivery companies and set up a standard contract with them (5 Euro per delivery made, regardless of item) which they are offering to local stores.

Conditions are:
                      - that an approved delivery service from a company on their list is used
                      - that the delivery is made within the proper territory of the city
                      - that the goods to be delivered are worth at least 10 Euro
                      - that the shop is run by its owner (no chain stores or similar) and located in the city
                      - that the shop did not already offer delivery before the corona crisis

They're also organizing lists of local shops that deliver, in cooperation with local newspapers. Currently around 60 restaurants and 170 non-food shops in their list (incl. e.g. 40 small clothing stores). The city agency's focus - and why they're spending some money - is of course in avoiding the not unlikely scenario that many of these shops will fold in the next few weeks for lack of money without sales.

Comment

• Things were going well in Japan but they had an outbreak recently so Abe declared a state of emergency a couple of days ago.

Now like in the US, just because Abe declared an emergency does not mean the whole of Japan goes into lock down. That decision is up to the governors of the various prefectures.

It's funny people are saying he waited too long. He didn't. Things were under control and now that control is slipping so he did what he had to do.

Wonder what the problem was. Some super spreaders maybe.

Name:	japan case rise.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1478787

Apr 1 they were at 1,953 cases. It looked like they were about to flat line past that point, then suddenly new cases show up and they're at almost 4k presently.

Sucks !!!
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 09 Apr 20,, 19:04.

Comment

• Turbulent Gas Clouds and Respiratory Pathogen Emissions | JAMA | Mar 26 2020

Study that tries to understand the dynamics of droplet dispersion, in a controlled environment

They want us to think of droplets as a continuum of sizes from very tiny up to bigger drops. Instead of binary aerosol or bigger droplets with nothing in between. They say that kind of thinking dates to the '30s and needs to change.

The tiny ones can linger for minutes as they're in a cloud, the bigger droplets descend to the surface sooner.

Since nothing comes out of the nose they are showing high frame rate video of spitting & coughing. Or they clamped the nose up really tight which might explain the longer range.

Presumably there is not much ventilation in the room as the clouds seems to spread evenly reaching as far as 23 - 26 ft away in one instance.

In a controlled environment : )

If there is ventilation or this was outdoors there would not be this perfect a spread or as far.

But this study is for health care workers who would be indoors when interacting with a patient.

The solution is obvious, the patient has to wear a mask when health care workers are around or failing that they all get into hazmat suits. Rooms must be well ventilated. Doors of rooms housing patients must be closed at all times.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 09 Apr 20,, 07:55.

Comment

My hindi is sketchy unfortunately can you give us a summary of the points he mentions.

Arif's been quite active over the last year.

Wish he'd do more in English as for an insider (former mayor of Karachi ?) he has some valuable insights.

Another Hussain Haqqani in the making
                            He talks about TJ, and other extremist groups. How Modi is a leader and is saving Indian lives by locking down India, and also apologizing for the discomfort. Pakistan and it's crazy lunatic Army, which is doing business even in times of crisis, they have to earn money, huh! Hindus not being given food/ration in Pakistan since those are only for Muslims. Shahid Afridi and the extremist islamic mentality - he earlier cursed India and Indians, and now begs money from Indians.

He's basically throwing the fake face of Pakistan on Indian liberals, being a Pakistani.

He's not HH, he's harsher.

Comment

• Tablighi Jamaat chief traced to Delhi's Zakir Nagar residence

Now make him sit on barbed wires. Continue, till Allah saves his a$$. These TJ a$$h***s are responsible for the lockdown to continue for atleast another 2 weeks.

Covid-19 lockdown: Liquor companies want shops to be reopened

Don't think liquor stores will open in Maharashtra, Delhi etc. In Assam, well.

I'm watching videos on how to make wine from grapes @ home. Thing is, I don't have a clay pot.

I am so bored of all this crazy sh!t going on the world over.

Comment

Speaking to a shop manager earlier, was told, there would be a 4 day breather come the 15th so that takes us to the 19th, then a 28 lock down again, followed by a 4 day breather and then another 19 days of lock down. I don't know from where he got this information because i can't find it mentioned any where. But i'm going to assume its likely at least for my city and plan accordingly.

Unless the case load drops, until we don't see new cases for several days they won't relax things. They need to work out a phased departure from lock down.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 9.56.34 PM.jpeg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1478789

It has reached everyone in India through Whatsapp. I didn't have to check WHO's website to understand this is fake.

Comment

Working...
                                X