Stryker Brigade on Military Channel tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stryker Brigade on Military Channel tonight

For anyone that's interested, the Military Channel is showing Kiowa Down! at 10 PM EST tonight. It's about the rescue of a OH-58D and its crew in Tal Afar last September by the Stryker unit that was being supported by the KW. A platoon leader was awarded a Silver Star as a result of actions that day.

You can read about the incident through a link on www.strykernews.com
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

I'm on watch tonight, and the watch officer is an Army aviator (Apaches; LTC, former commander, 1st Sqn, 6th Cav). I bet we'll be tuning in. Thanks for the tipper, shek.

But then again, I may not have a lot of time. I'm training one of my new soldiers, I've got to get my e-mail queue under some kind of control, and we are ACTIVE, baby! LOTS of good mission stuff goin' on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
      I'm on watch tonight, and the watch officer is an Army aviator (Apaches; LTC, former commander, 1st Sqn, 6th Cav). I bet we'll be tuning in. Thanks for the tipper, shek.

But then again, I may not have a lot of time. I'm training one of my new soldiers, I've got to get my e-mail queue under some kind of control, and we are ACTIVE, baby! LOTS of good mission stuff goin' on.
      I hear that poor old Abu Azzam tripped and fell onto some U.S. Special Forces bullets yesterday. What a pity. Somebody buy those guys a beer from this here civilian

And here's a hilarious nugget courtesy of Little Green Footballs. Get a soda, prepare to stifle good-natured guffaws.

This War Sucks.

-dale

Comment

All,
        The Kiowa Down! episode is now available for free on a podcast via iTunes.

Shek

http://www.strykernews.com/archives/....html#comments
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Someone needs to record militarychannel programs and put them on youtube.com or google video. Seriously.

<--- *Doesn't have cable*
          In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
          The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
            Someone needs to record militarychannel programs and put them on youtube.com or google video. Seriously.

<--- *Doesn't have cable*
            I cover this during Lesson 12 this semester. It's called "the free rider" problem!

Comment

Originally posted by shek View Post
              I cover this during Lesson 12 this semester. It's called "the free rider" problem!
              hahahahaha, only some view it as a so-called "problem"
              In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
              The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                hahahahaha, only some view it as a so-called "problem"
                Nice :)

Comment

Working...
                X