Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THL bought me "The Coming of The Third Reich".

What more can any guy ask of a girl? How did I ever get so lucky? :)
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter
      THL bought me "The Coming of The Third Reich".

It was a diversion to keep you from stealing my books.
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
        It was a diversion to keep you from stealing my books.
        Oh you mean like Jane's Fighting Ships of World War II? :)

Guys, how many girls do you know that have their own copy of a Jane's publication?

(I have a friend down here in FL that just loves to tell me how I'm the only one she knows that reads about that stuff....looks like she's wrong )
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Oh you mean like Jane's Fighting Ships of World War II? :)

Guys, how many girls do you know that have their own copy of a Jane's publication?

(I have a friend down here in FL that just loves to tell me how I'm the only one she knows that reads about that stuff....looks like she's wrong )
          No...I meant like Clifford the Big Red Dog: Clifford's Manners and Preschool Confidential.

:)

Besides, Janes doesn't count - it was a gift. It is not as though I woke up one morning and ran out in search of it.
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Y'all notice THL's new icon?

Almost there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluesman
              Y'all notice THL's new icon?

Almost there...

That's my revolving door from the left to the right side.

Comment

No...I meant like Clifford the Big Red Dog: Clifford's Manners and Preschool Confidential.
                I DID take them, you just haven't noticed yet.

Comment

• Currently reading A Mile In Their Shoes. A book full of interviews of WW2 Tankers that the author signed and gave me free of charge, after blowing all my money on the audio CD's he was selling.

...and if Bluesman proves useless, maybe redoubling efforts to find more info about my Grandfathers service record from WW2 though Aaron Elson could work.

Though it is a shame he passed away when I was about four, and his experiences from WW2 were less acceptable at that age than Jaws was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunatock
                    Currently reading A Mile In Their Shoes. A book full of interviews of WW2 Tankers that the author signed and gave me free of charge, after blowing all my money on the audio CD's he was selling.

...and if Bluesman proves useless, maybe redoubling efforts to find more info about my Grandfathers service record from WW2 though Aaron Elson could work.

Though it is a shame he passed away when I was about four, and his experiences from WW2 were less acceptable at that age than Jaws was.
                    Dammit! Sorry, I meant to reply to that PM, and forgot. I'll answer it tonight. Right now, HO HO HO, I've got to get some last shopping stops done.

Comment

• Take your time and worry about personal Holiday business. Either someone will turn something up on this mortal coil, or I'll shuffle off it and then get to ask the man himself. ;)

Comment

• Guys, how many girls do you know that have their own copy of a Jane's publication?

Wow im impressed Does she have cute sisters too? ;)
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreadnought

Wow im impressed Does she have cute sisters too? ;)
                          Unfortunately, My sister would not know what Janes was about if someone sat down and read the captions to her.

She would most likely ask where Dick and Spot were at before asking, "Now what exactly do you mean by battleship? Like the game?"
                          Last edited by THL; 20 Dec 05,, 21:27.

Comment

Unfortunately, My sister would not know what Janes was about if someone sat down and read the captions to her.

She would most likely ask where Dick and Spot were at before asking, "Now what exactly do you mean by battleship? Like the game?"
                            Her sister really is a very sweet person......just in the "free-spirit" sort of way :)

Comment

THL bought me "The Coming of The Third Reich".

I hope my GF/wife is that cool.
                              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Parting the Waters: America in the King Years, 1954-63
                                By Taylor Branch
                                The Ball Mall, LLC: Your Central Ohio Source for Used and Recovered Golf Balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X