Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently I'm reading "KSK - Das Kommando Spezialkräfte der Bundeswehr" by Reinhard Scholzen.
    >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
      No, just the Gunny's autograph. It's rather silly in a way, but hey, who cares? :)
      The Gunny might be next for an autograph hunt. Currently waiting for something to be returned by Dario Argento, and I think that after waiting almost six months Inna Korobkina stole a DVD case from me. :)

Comment

Grenadiers by Kurt "Panzermeyer" Meyer.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
          Shattered Sword, a fresh look at the Battle of Midway
          Any good?
          "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Subspace explorers, by E E Doc Smith. Dalem made me.
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by sparten
              Any good?
              Absolutely! Just finished it in fact.

Check out my review in the History Forum

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=9343
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I just finished Grenadiers. A truly fantastic book about a man who possessed some of the traits that make a truly great officer: courage, intelligence, aggressiveness, skillfulness, determination in the face of impossible odds, and most of all sincere devotion to the men under his command. Here's to Oberführer Kurt "Panzermeyer" Meyer!
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

India in the World Order: Searching for Major-power Status (Contemporary South Asia S.)
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...613424-5197530
                  Two highly regarded scholars come together to examine India's relationship with the world's major powers and its own search for a significant role in the international system. Central to the argument is India's belief that the acquisition of an independent nuclear capability is key to obtaining such status. The book details the major constraints at the international, domestic and perceptual levels that India has faced in this endeavor. It concludes, through a detailed comparison of India's power capabilities, that India is indeed a rising power, but that significant systemic and domestic changes will be necessary before it can achieve its goal. The book examines the prospects and implications of India's integration into the major-power system in the twenty-first century. Given recent developments, the book is extremely timely. Its incisive analysis will be illuminating for students, policy makers, and for anyone wishing to understand the region in greater depth.

Comment

Canterbury Tales by Chaucer.

Comment

Rumi The Book Of Love. A collection of poems by Rumi, that oddly enough I bought at the same time as Mail Call the book.

Comment

Moving Mountains: Lessons in Leadership and Logistics from the Gulf War

by Lt General. William G. Pagonis.

Comment

The Jungle is Neutral by F. Spencer Chapman.

Comment

Next days I'm going to start reading:
                            "Soldier Five: The Real Truth About the Bravo Two Zero Mission" by Mike Coburn
                            >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

"The Bear and The Dragon", Tom Clancy

Comment

Insurgency in India's North East by Lt Gen John Mukherjee, PVSM, AVSM, VSM (Retd), Anthem Publisher.

He is from the ASSAM Regiment and married to a Mizo lady.

The book is very forthright and he says it as it is!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                                X