Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are talking training....so pretty much we are putting all the soldiers into battle with the same support system and weapons and resources...and the only defining factor is tactics and training...and this is where i think the US lacks, but heck they dont even need it...especially when a squadron of B52's are done with an area

Pure training- Indian Army, British Army, Israeli Army
    Last edited by brownboi4eva; 18 Sep 05,, 02:42.

Comment

Originally posted by brownboi4eva
      and the only defining factor is tactics and training...and this is where i think the US lacks
      You are very well informed..........NOT.

Comment

"Snipe, are there any reasons you happened choose the 101st instead of say....the 82nd? Just curious."

The 101st is an Air Assault division with a massive organic Apache contingent and unparalelled mobility.

The 82d is Airborne light infantry.

Comment

Who has the best trained infantry? Everyone and no one. It really depends on what you want to do with them.

I'm in agreement with OoE. The answer for me is Who do I want to have fighting alongside me. Or whos peremeter would I be comfortable sleeping in.

If I'm conducting artic ops I don't want that US Army Mech Div. I want British RMs or Royal Netherland Marines.

But if I'm in extreme high altitude then Indian or Pak troops. And please don't start on which are better.

Large scale Amphib ops? Uncle Sams Misguided children

I could keep going but before you decide whos best define the varables.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            "Snipe, are there any reasons you happened choose the 101st instead of say....the 82nd? Just curious."

The 101st is an Air Assault division with a massive organic Apache contingent and unparalelled mobility.

The 82d is Airborne light infantry.
            k. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape
              Who has the best trained infantry? Everyone and no one. It really depends on what you want to do with them.
              I'm in agreement with OoE. The answer for me is Who do I want to have fighting alongside me. Or whos peremeter would I be comfortable sleeping in.
              If I'm conducting artic ops I don't want that US Army Mech Div. I want British RMs or Royal Netherland Marines.
              But if I'm in extreme high altitude then Indian or Pak troops. And please don't start on which are better.
              Large scale Amphib ops? Uncle Sams Misguided children
              I could keep going but before you decide whos best define the varables.
              Hey Gunny, I loved your "Who to bring when you are in (blank) environment.
              Got any more geographic locations or situations?
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Best infantry troopers in the post WW2 era - in no particular order:

UK
                UK Gurkha
                China PLA
                North Korea
                South Korea
                NVA
                Vietcong
                Australia
                Thailand
                South Africa
                Rhodesia
                Israel

Most countries have pretty good armed forces and good quality fighting men. The ones I mentioned are those whom have fought in big and small conflicts post-WW2 and have proven themselves in battle. And all these are normal infantrymen, not considering Commandos, SpecOps etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chino
                  Vietcong
                  How did you come to this conclusion that they're good infanteers?

Comment

"Excluding the Gurkhas and RM, what is the adm back up of the troops. Like cook houses?"

The 75th Rangers have a very small logistical tail, the 101st actually has a huge logistical tail(bigger even than a mech div), a typical US Army light infantry division has a much smaller tail.

As far as total consumption of supplies etc, i'd really have to look it up- if i could even find the info on line.
                    Snip,
                    I did not mean it at Div level, but battalion level. To make it specific, can one deploy your infantry battalions on mountains in the manner below, and ensure that all meals for troops are hot meals and not emergency ration tins?
                    - Platoon or in some cases section posts at separate locations from the company HQ, covering a frontage of say 1.5 km and a depth of about 1 km.

shek, please do give your inputs too.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                      To make it specific, can one deploy your infantry battalions on mountains in the manner below, and ensure that all meals for troops are hot meals and not emergency ration tins?
                      Captain, inside of six months of any longterm American deployment, not only will they have hotmeals but also a shopping mall wtih a Starbucks and a cinema with 1st run movies - just kidding, they're second run movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                        Captain, inside of six months of any longterm American deployment, not only will they have hotmeals but also a shopping mall wtih a Starbucks and a cinema with 1st run movies - just kidding, they're second run movies.
                        Lol...un-doubtedly, sir.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

1. Israel

Comment

"I'm in agreement with OoE. The answer for me is Who do I want to have fighting alongside me. Or whos peremeter would I be comfortable sleeping in."

I froze my diick off in Alaska. I can shiver with the best of them. ;)

LOL...i hate the cold.

Comment

"Snip,
                              I did not mean it at Div level, but battalion level. To make it specific, can one deploy your infantry battalions on mountains in the manner below, and ensure that all meals for troops are hot meals and not emergency ration tins?"

So long as the NCA commits the appropriate support assets, i see no reason why not. Meals would be MREs the majority of the time, but that's no biggie.

"- Platoon or in some cases section posts at separate locations from the company HQ, covering a frontage of say 1.5 km and a depth of about 1 km."

Any US Inf. Bn could cover an AO of that size. Might be thin in some places depending on terrain, but yeah.

Comment

So long as the NCA commits the appropriate support assets, i see no reason why not. Meals would be MREs the majority of the time, but that's no biggie.
                                Pardon my ignorance of your abreviations. Whats "MRE"?
                                Any US Inf. Bn could cover an AO of that size. Might be thin in some places depending on terrain, but yeah.
                                I never doubted that, just checking on the administration aspect.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X