Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How true are these comments?

Pakistan under attack

Pakistan is besieged on all sides by those out to defame it. The fact that the alleged perpetrators of the 7/7 bombings were British-born individuals is conveniently forgotten and only their Pakistani origin is highlighted. The Egyptians withdrew their false accusations of Pakistani complicity in the Egyptian bombing, but not before the damage was done and our name was further muddied. The foreign media are like vicious attack dogs that have smelled blood. Not a day goes by when a story is not carried by a major international newspaper belittling Pakistan. My friend, Chris Schlong, a liberal thinker, said it best. According to him, as Western societies continue to lose their moral bearings, they feel inferior and vaguely threatened by the innate superiority of Islamic thought. They attack Pakistan because we represent the intellectual attainment of the West while still retaining the noblest of Islamic ideals. Chris, who is converting to Islam along with his entire family, is giving all profits from his highly successful garment company as zakat. TFTA Apparels, his company, is also planning on setting up two large garment manufacturing centers in Pakistan.We should take heart from the actions of Mr. Schlong and other enlightened Westerners like him. If the West had more Schlongs, Pakistan would be a much happier place.—Virginia, USA

http://www.pakobserver.net/200508/28/voiceofpeople.asp

Does the world need more Schlongs?

Yes if TFTA Apparel’s clothes fit SDLA’s.

Comment

Pakobserver is a fundoo newspaper.Most of its articles are nothing but west and India bashing.Dawn and Jang are better.
      Love your enemies...it'll drive them nuts!!! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Gabru47
        Pakistan under attack

Pakistan is besieged on all sides by those out to defame it. The fact that the alleged perpetrators of the 7/7 bombings were British-born individuals is conveniently forgotten and only their Pakistani origin is highlighted. The Egyptians withdrew their false accusations of Pakistani complicity in the Egyptian bombing, but not before the damage was done and our name was further muddied. The foreign media are like vicious attack dogs that have smelled blood. Not a day goes by when a story is not carried by a major international newspaper belittling Pakistan.

Does the world need more Schlongs?
        So what does do these people want us to think. Were those British born individuals radicalised by the British/British Society.

I don't think so because I live in London and it is very clear that the Muslims around the worlds have polarised themeselves from other societies. They have failed to integrate themselves. Many muslims are unwilling to adjust accordingly in their host countries which helps Right wing groups like BNP to take advanatage.

Above all, no one is on a witch hunt after Pakistan. There are things that are a huge concern and hence Pakistan is being cited up around the world as a likely source of these activities.

Comment

Its an individuals comments not a newspaper article.

IMO the world is befriending Pakistan just because its the only nation mixing western thought with Islamic ideals.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil

IMO the world is befriending Pakistan just because its the only nation mixing western thought with Islamic ideals.

I am sorry but Turkey would be a much appropriate example in this situation. Pakistan still has a long way to go.

Comment

Turkey's more Mullahistic than Pak. They're confused. They tried showing secularism by being anti-Islam. However, they are the pioneers of this type of thought.

Comment

So you say

Comment

Why do Pakistanis need western thought if they have Islam? My muslim friends tell me Islam is a complete way of life, so wouldn't you have to override some Islamic ideals when incorporating western thought into Pakistan?

Comment

Isaiah 37:30

This shall be the sign to you. You will eat this year that which grows of itself, and in the second year that which springs from the same; and in the third year sow and reap and plant vineyards, and eat their fruit. (WEB)

And this shall be the sign unto thee: ye shall eat this year that which groweth of itself, and in the second year that which springeth of the same; and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruit thereof. (ASV)

And this will be the sign to you: you will get your food this year from what comes up of itself, and in the second year from the produce of the same; and in the third year you will put in your seed, and get in the grain, and make vine-gardens, and take of their fruit. (BBE)

And this shall be the sign unto thee: there shall be eaten this year such as groweth of itself; and in the second year that which springeth of the same; but in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards and eat the fruit thereof. (DBY)

And this shall be a sign unto thee, Ye shall eat this year such as groweth of itself; and the second year that which springeth of the same: and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruit thereof. (KJV)

And this shall be a sign to thee, Ye shall eat this year such as groweth of itself; and the second year that which springeth of the same: and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. (WBS)

And this shall be the sign unto thee: ye shall eat this year that which groweth of itself, and in the second year that which springeth of the same; and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruit thereof. (JPS)

-- And this to thee 'is' the sign, Food of the year 'is' self-sown grain, And in the second year the spontaneous growth, And in the third year, sow ye and reap, And plant vineyards, and eat their fruit. (YLT)

The Taleban rings in my ears and mind!

Proverbs 5:22

The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare him. The cords of his sin hold him firmly. (WEB)

His own iniquities shall take the wicked, And he shall be holden with the cords of his sin. (ASV)

The evil-doer will be taken in the net of his crimes, and prisoned in the cords of his sin. (BBE)

His own iniquities shall take the wicked, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sin. (DBY)

His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins. (KJV)

His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be held with the cords of his sins. (WBS)

His own iniquities shall ensnare the wicked, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sin. (JPS)

His own iniquities do capture the wicked, And with the ropes of his sin he is holden. (YLT)
                    Last edited by Ray; 28 Aug 05,, 20:26.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Isaiah was a great jewish prophet with a lot wisdom.
                      But Ray, maybe its me, I don't get the point.
                      What are you trying to say by quoting from the Bible?

Comment

Neo,

Religion is the state of being grasped by an ultimate concern and that concern finds expression in the words of the religious scriptures.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Gabru47
                          Why do Pakistanis need western thought if they have Islam? My muslim friends tell me Islam is a complete way of life, so wouldn't you have to override some Islamic ideals when incorporating western thought into Pakistan?
                          It is, and many traditionally known ideals like secularism and democracy that are considered western are also a part of Islam. Not Mullah Islam, though, which is fake and incorrect, also ridden with their own agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                            Neo,

Religion is the state of being grasped by an ultimate concern and that concern finds expression in the words of the religious scriptures.
                            Okay, got it!

Comment

It is, and many traditionally known ideals like secularism and democracy that are considered western are also a part of Islam. Not Mullah Islam, though, which is fake and incorrect, also ridden with their own agenda.
                              Do we have a humour thread ? :D

Comment

Working...
                              X