X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demonstrating Against the Wounded

ROFASIX - CAV Guy!

Demonstrating Against the Wounded

Code Pink for Women has been demonstrating against wounded veterans at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC. It is one of the more unseemly things that they do. Holding signs that read "Maimed for Lies" and "Enlist here and die for Halliburton," Code Pink has the audacity to claim they support the troops. “We are showing our support for the troops,” says the leader of Code Pink. “It is not a protest it is a vigil that shows we want to make sure the troops get a fair shake,” said the leader of Code Pink on Air America tonight. She went on to say, “there have never been caskets in our demonstrations.” Those signs? They say they have asked that they be removed.

All I can say is yeah, sure. That is what those signs say to me too. (Not!)

They are even finding ulterior motives in the fact that wounded soldiers are arriving at Walter Reed at night. Obviously, these groups say this is evidence of the administration perfidy and an attempt to hide the “true cost” of the war. The anti-war protesters claim their presence at the hospital is necessary to publicize the arrivals of newly wounded soldiers from Iraq, who the protesters allege are being smuggled in at night by the Pentagon to avoid media scrutiny.

The protesters also argue that the military hospital is the most appropriate place for the demonstrations and that the vigils are designed to ultimately help the wounded veterans.

It is simply disgusting. Leave these guys alone.
    Last edited by Shek; 07 Aug 07,, 12:32. Reason: added permalink, fixed quotes
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

I hope a wounded man or two gets better and comes out swinging.
    I really hate protestors.
    Originally posted by GVChamp
    College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

I don't mind people protesting, as long as they are respectful about it, but I have to feel that these people are just following in Crazy Cindy's footsteps. Maybe their organization was not getting the media coverage that Cindy is and they got a little jealous and came up with a way to be even bigger media hounds than Crazy Cindy.

Standing outside any hospital shouting and yelling is ridiculous. It was absurd when they were doing it for Schaivo and it is even more so here. All they are accomplishing is disturbing people that are in a hospital trying to get better. I doubt anyone in that hospital would have requested that this group of Pink Ladies come out and yell and shout all day long outside their windows.

I really wish that when these groups of people get together to protest, rant and rave, they would stop first and think who they are protesting for and how their actions are going to affect those people.

I doubt any of these women know anyone in that hospital personally, or maybe even impersonally. I would be surprised if any of these women went into the hospital to visit the sick, offer condolences to the families, or see how the patients feel about them being there. If one of the patients were to pass on, would these Pink people have the respect to attend the funeral - probably not - they cannot even respect them in life enough to give them the peace and rest they deserve.
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

One day when these whores were ordered by the Islamic Fundamentalist to follow the Islamic fundamentalism I will ROFLMAO...

p.s. I am male.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman
          I hope a wounded man or two gets better and comes out swinging.
          I really hate protestors.
          I would pay to see that...

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
            I don't mind people protesting, as long as they are respectful about it,
            THL,
            Why are those silly women protesting infront of wounded soldiers? They are not the decision makers that went to war. If they want to protest - go to Capitol Hill. Protesting against wounded soldiers is the sickest form of expression, IMO even the enemy takes care of the wounded adversary. What is so "respectful" about the protest in front of soldiers wounded in the line of duty?

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
              THL,
              Why are those silly women protesting infront of wounded soldiers? They are not the decision makers that went to war. If they want to protest - go to Capitol Hill. Protesting against wounded soldiers is the sickest form of expression, IMO even the enemy takes care of the wounded adversary. What is so "respectful" about the protest in front of soldiers wounded in the line of duty?
              The rest of my post read, in part:

"Standing outside any hospital shouting and yelling is ridiculous....I doubt anyone in that hospital would have requested that this group of Pink Ladies come out and yell and shout all day long outside their windows...."

I do not at all think it is okay for the Pink Ladies (whatever they are called, Pink People for Peace?) to be outside the hospital. I have no idea why they are outside the hospital bugging the people inside - I wish I did know, maybe I could ocme up with a way to make them go home.
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

The rest of my post read, in part:
                Oops my mistake. My apologies

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                  Oops my mistake. My apologies
                  Not a problem. I can get a little overzealous on the defensive myself.
                  :)

( TopHat - Keep your comments to yourself on this one, my dear.. ;) )

Comment

I cant imagine what must go thru a solidier mind when he sheds blood for his country and the flag ,and on his return he is met by protestors.

It is cheap.dont honor the war, but atleast honor the people who shed blood with no questions asked. Go protest against Bush or senators : valid, but against soldiers.

they will only understand when someone bombs their home one fine day

Josh

Comment

Not a problem. I can get a little overzealous on the defensive myself.
                      :)

( TopHat - Keep your comments to yourself on this one, my dear.. ;) )

*Whistling cheerfully to myself*
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Code Pink = Hypervigilant, overlyzealous, middle-aged feminists who have replaced their knitting clubs with hippies-that-harass-veterans club (aka Code Pink)

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                          I do not at all think it is okay for the Pink Ladies (whatever they are called, Pink People for Peace?) to be outside the hospital.
                          Pinko commie's has a nice ring to it...
                          Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Let them protest. The more outrageous, the better.

Reasonable people will see them as loons. Even some Democrats are embarrassed by them.

Ever noticed these people never go to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan to protest the terrorists?
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I really don't know how this war in Iraq will turn out.

But one thing all of us must...MUST acheive at all cost is to make sure the veterans of this war do not get the same treatment that the veterans of Vietnam did.

I don't care if they are women or not, if I see a protestor spit at, or so much as curse a returning veteran I will kick their little asses until my foot gets sore.

Sorry for the outburst. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X