Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saddam describing himself as a sacrifice for Iraq

Saddam describing himself as a sacrifice for Iraq

Saddam's prison letter published

A letter from ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, describing himself as a sacrifice for Iraq, has been published in Jordanian newspapers.

The letter was delivered by the International Committee of the Red Cross, which says it is genuine.

Saddam Hussein is in jail at a secret location as he awaits trial.

"I and my family offer ourselves as a sacrifice for this nation, including dear Palestine and our steadfast, beloved, and wretched Iraq," he writes.

"Life without faith, love and the inherited traditions of our nation is destruction.

"He who sacrifices his property and soul for his nation is but doing a little because this nation deserves much to be done."

He ends the letter: "Long live Palestine. Love your nation."

The letter was taken first to a friend of the former president - who does not want to be identified - before being published in Ad-Dustour and al-Arab al-Yawm newspapers.

"The ICRC has confirmed the authenticity of the message published in the Jordanian media," said Rana Sidani, spokeswoman for the ICRC's Iraq delegation in Amman.

"The ICRC collected the message. It was censored by the detaining authorities before being handed over to the ICRC for distribution."

The letter is believed to be the first sent by the former president to someone outside his family since he was captured by US forces 18 months ago.

Saddam Hussein is facing trial before a special tribunal set up for the purpose. He could face the death penalty.

He is accused over a 1982 massacre of Shia Muslims, although other charges are expected to follow.

link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4171596.stm

What a bunch of bulls***! Did some prisoner ripped his assh*** that he is so delusional? He did it for Iraq when he hid himself in his hole...

Ubi dubium ibi libertas Senior Contributor
    The Iraqis have some rope that they will be happy to donate to help him complete his sacrifice.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

NEVER FORGET

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Bandaid

Don't give Saddam his share of daily butter cookies. That should kill him fast.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Banned
    what is sad is that most Iraqis liked Saddams rule much better than the rule of the US occupation forces...just goes to show how well the war is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Su-47MKI
    what is sad is that most Iraqis liked Saddams rule much better than the rule of the US occupation forces...just goes to show how well the war is going.
    Stop posting Bull sh*t on this forum.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

NEVER FORGET

I think that was his last.

Senior Contributor smilingassassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Su-47MKI
    No wonder he's banned, stating opinion as fact is just plain retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Samudra
    I think that was his last.
    And not a momment too soon.

NEVER FORGET

Quote Originally Posted by smilingassassin
    No wonder he's banned, stating opinion as fact is just plain retarded.
    Not only that, but it's not even close to being true. 80% of the country is Kurds and Shia. They'd take us over Saddam any day.

NEVER FORGET

Its kinda 'cool' to blame everything on Uncle for a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Stop posting Bull sh*t on this forum.
    Well I already hared something similar. I know a guy who is a fruit grower and worked in Iraq under Sadam for some time. He has an Iraqi wife (Sunni) and she says that under Sadam they had regular supply of water, electricity, the schools (universities) were free and you could walk outside safely. She admits that if you got into politics you could get in trouble or get killed, but if you stayed out of it you lived quite well and a lot better than today. She now lives with him in this country, but fears for her family in Iraq (who has the same view) because for safety concerns she canít visit them. They only talk over the phone every two months.

Quote Originally Posted by SloMax
    Well I already hared something similar. I know a guy who is a fruit grower and worked in Iraq under Sadam for some time. He has an Iraqi wife (Sunni) and she says that under Sadam they had regular supply of water, electricity, the schools (universities) were free and you could walk outside safely. She admits that if you got into politics you could get in trouble or get killed, but if you stayed out of it you lived quite well and a lot better than today. She now lives with him in this country, but fears for her family in Iraq (who has the same view) because for safety concerns she can’t visit them. They only talk over the phone every two months.
    Things were better for the Sunni's in Iraq than they were for Kurds & Shia. Of course many of the Sunni's really helped fix thier predicament after Saddam was toppled by allying themselves with the foreign fighters that entered Iraq to kill Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by SloMax
    Well I already hared something similar. I know a guy who is a fruit grower and worked in Iraq under Sadam for some time. He has an Iraqi wife (Sunni) and she says that under Sadam they had regular supply of water, electricity, the schools (universities) were free and you could walk outside safely. She admits that if you got into politics you could get in trouble or get killed, but if you stayed out of it you lived quite well and a lot better than today. She now lives with him in this country, but fears for her family in Iraq (who has the same view) because for safety concerns she canít visit them. They only talk over the phone every two months.
    80% of the country is Kurds and Shia. The idea that they would prefer Saddam to us is crap. I'm sure Sunnis that paid off by Saddam loved him, but that's not particularly relevant.

NEVER FORGET

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatock
    Things were better for the Sunni's in Iraq than they were for Kurds & Shia. Of course many of the Sunni's really helped fix thier predicament after Saddam was toppled by allying themselves with the foreign fighters that entered Iraq to kill Americans.
    The Sunnis should be the ones that are happiest that we just didn't off Saddam and leave because if we had the Shia and Kurds would have "cleansed" them from Iraq.

NEVER FORGET

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    80% of the country is Kurds and Shia. The idea that they would prefer Saddam to us is crap. I'm sure Sunnis that paid off by Saddam loved him, but that's not particularly relevant.
    I think it is relevant. The Sunnis (most feel worse off then under Sadam) are the main source of home-grown insurgency. If Iraq wants to ever be stable, then majority of Sunni Arabs must be satisfied with their position and if not the insurgency will never stop.

Thread Information