X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disgraceful Behavior of the Right knows no limits

Traitor talk from the Right: National Review Online :

LOSING THE WAR ON TERROR: THE VOICE OF DESPAIR ECHOES AGAIN [Andy McCarthy]

For what it’s worth, this is where I get off the bus. The principal mission of the so-called “war on terror” – which is actually a war on militant Islam – is to destroy the capacity of the international network of jihadists to project power in a way that threatens American national security. That is the mission that the American people continue to support.

As those who follow these pages may know, I have been despairing for a long time over the fact that the principal mission has been subordinated by what I’ve called the “democracy diversion” – the administration’s theory that the (highly dubious) prospect of democratizing Iraq and the Islamic world will quell the Islamists. (Aside: go ask Israelis if they think the fledgling “democracy” in Gaza and the West Bank – which is very likely to bring Hamas to power – promotes their national security.)

Now, if several reports this weekend are accurate, we see the shocking ultimate destination of the democracy diversion. In the desperation to complete an Iraqi constitution – which can be spun as a major step of progress on the march toward democratic nirvana – the United States of America is pressuring competing factions to accept the supremacy of Islam and the fundamental principle no law may contradict Islamic principles.

But even if I suspended disbelief for a moment and agreed that the democracy project is a worthy casus belli, I am as certain as I am that I am breathing that the American people would not put their brave young men and women in harm’s way for the purpose of establishing an Islamic government. Anyplace.

IS BUSH KILLING CONSERVATISM? [Jonathan H. Adler]
    That seems to be Professor Bainbridge's take.

It's time for us conservatives to face facts. George W. Bush has pissed away the conservative moment by pursuing a war of choice via policies that border on the criminally incompetent. We control the White House, the Senate, the House of Representatives, and (more-or-less) the judiciary for one of the few times in my nearly 5 decades, but what have we really accomplished? Is government smaller? Have we hacked away at the nanny state? Are the unborn any more protected? Have we really set the stage for a durable conservative majority? . . .

Sounds like he just wants to go in, wipe 'em out, and leve the rest to civil war. I'm glad he's decided to "get off the bus"...
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

More traitor talk from the Right:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Influential Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska said on Sunday the longer the United States stayed bogged down in Iraq, the more it looked like another Vietnam.

"What I think the White House does not yet understand and some of my colleagues, is the dam has broken on this (Iraq) policy," said Hagel, a senior member of the Foreign Relations Committee and possible presidential candidate in 2008.

Hagel's comments in an interview with ABC's "This Week," coincide with President George W. Bush's new offensive to counter growing public discontent over U.S. involvement in Iraq and calls for a pull-out date.

Bush is taking his message on the road this week when he will invoke the September 11, 2001, attacks to contend that the United States must stay the course in Iraq, warning that an early withdrawal would put the country's security at risk and destabilize the Middle East.

The public is showing more discontent with Bush's handling of Iraq, with high-profile protests during his Texas ranch vacation and new poll results showing growing concern over the outcome of the war.

Hagel, a Vietnam war veteran, said there were growing similarities between Iraq and U.S. involvement in Vietnam and he predicted the longer the United States stayed in Iraq the more unpopular it would become.

Washington Post

Comment

Your weak attempt to copy me shows lack of imagination.

Comment

I found another "conservative" for you

Republican candidate calls for Bush impeachment

Dennis Morrisseau is a retired restaurant owner from West Pawlet, Vermont who's running as a Republican for the seat being vacated by Bernie Sanders. If elected, he promises to bring articles of impeachment against president Bush. Morrisseau doesn't appear to have a web site, and in lieu of a national party he's trying to go the grassroots route a la Howard Dean.

"GOP candidate calls for impeachment" quotes him as saying:

"This leadership isn't very Republican and I don't think it's very popular with Vermont Republicans... Republicans in this state tend to be mind-your-own-business people, keep taxes low and government small... [Former VT Gov. Deane Davis] was the best environmentalist we had in this state... That's Republicanism in Vermont. We like small businesses. We're afraid of outsiders and large businesses. That's what I'm about.... I think I've got a great shot... There's been movement since the election, if you track the polls. That's not just Democrats, that's Republicans, too. Down in southern Vermont, [Bush] is reviled among Republicans."

If his message gets any further attention, expect the fact that he was one of the founders of VT's liberal, anti-Vietnam War Liberty Union Party as well as the fact that he's a former Democrat to be used against him.

http://www.command-post.org/polelect...es/019723.html

You see this clearly proves Bush is losing support among Hard left conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
            You see this clearly proves Bush is losing support among Hard left conservatives.
            HAHAHA! Very true.

Hey Leader, small request here: Could you do a better job of delineating quoted text from other sources? Maybe eitehr use the Quote UBB function, or even some quotation marks? I think it's easier to read, and it's the right thing to do.

Thanks!

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
              HAHAHA! Very true.

Hey Leader, small request here: Could you do a better job of delineating quoted text from other sources? Maybe eitehr use the Quote UBB function, or even some quotation marks? I think it's easier to read, and it's the right thing to do.

Thanks!

-dale
              I'm not sure I quite understand. Can you take my post and fix it to what your talking about?

Comment

I'm not sure I quite understand. Can you take my post and fix it to what your talking about?
                Sure.

There's this:

Example 1.

Dennis Morrisseau is a retired restaurant owner from West Pawlet, Vermont who's running as a Republican for the seat being vacated by Bernie Sanders. If elected, he promises to bring articles of impeachment against president Bush. Morrisseau doesn't appear to have a web site, and in lieu of a national party he's trying to go the grassroots route a la Howard Dean.

Which is what you mainly do, sometimes with a "-----------" separating remarks from quotes.

But you could do this:

Example 2.

"Republican candidate calls for Bush impeachment

Dennis Morrisseau is a retired restaurant owner from West Pawlet, Vermont who's running as a Republican for the seat being vacated by Bernie Sanders. If elected, he promises to bring articles of impeachment against president Bush. Morrisseau doesn't appear to have a web site, and in lieu of a national party he's trying to go the grassroots route a la Howard Dean."

And prefix or suffix your own remarks without quotation marks.

Or you could do this:

Example 3.

And finally, you could do this, which I think is most useful:

Example 4.

From [insert blog or source here] today:

"Republican candidate calls for Bush impeachment

Dennis Morrisseau is a retired restaurant owner from West Pawlet, Vermont who's running as a Republican for the seat being vacated by Bernie Sanders. If elected, he promises to bring articles of impeachment against president Bush. Morrisseau doesn't appear to have a web site, and in lieu of a national party he's trying to go the grassroots route a la Howard Dean."

Etc.

-dale

Comment

I get what your saying but that section of the post isn’t really from me. Everything above the link is a cut and paste job from another source. I usually put thinks I write in "olive" coloring to distinguish them from what others have written, but this post was a kind of on the fly thing. Also, things in my posts that are under the source link are almost always my comments.

Comment

After seeing what our Texan president and all his fellow soutehrn conservatives have done, i kind of wish we had let the south secede. America would be even better than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Su-47MKI
                      After seeing what our Texan president and all his fellow soutehrn conservatives have done, i kind of wish we had let the south secede. America would be even better than it is now.
                      If you seceded from this forum, we'd be better then we are now.

Comment

I get what your saying but that section of the post isn’t really from me. Everything above the link is a cut and paste job from another source. I usually put thinks I write in "olive" coloring to distinguish them from what others have written, but this post was a kind of on the fly thing. Also, things in my posts that are under the source link are almost always my comments.
                        Fair enough.

-dale

Comment

I am as certain as I am that I am breathing that the American people would not put their brave young men and women in harm’s way for the purpose of establishing an Islamic government. Anyplace.
                          This is true. If we allow Iraq to set up an Islamic gov't, we might as well go to the cemetaries where soldiers who died in Iraq are buried, and pee on their headstones.

Comment

Working...
                          X