Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cindy Sheehan Unplugged

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dalem
    Why not?

-dale

Its called balance of power. otherwise other countries will start getting nervous and start arming themseleves against the agressor. Its not good for global stability.

Josh

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Its called balance of power. otherwise other countries will start getting nervous and start arming themseleves against the agressor. Its not good for global stability.

Josh
    And radical Islamists and states that support them are good for global stability?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shek
    And radical Islamists and states that support them are good for global stability?

No they are not. Play Politics, muster support and then attack. Its better than all of the N7 blowing our poor ol'earth 3 times over. It is just my suggestion.lol

Josh

Banned Senior Contributor dalem's Avatar

Josh
    I think it's called "Adult nations keep watch on the child nations."

-dale

Banned
    I think it's called "Adult nations keep watch on the child nations."

-dale
    Reach puberty first..lol

Who decides they are adult or not..
    This dialogue of yours maybe interpreted as High Handeness, or talking under the cover power by citizens of other nations.

Bit of Humility is good as a human being

Josh

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    No they are not. Play Politics, muster support and then attack. Its better than all of the N7 blowing our poor ol'earth 3 times over. It is just my suggestion.lol

Josh
    That's an emotional argument. Other than a fruitcake US Congressman talking about bombing Mecca, no government offical in the West has spoken of using strategic nuclear weapons in the war on radical Islam.

The US has certainly played the diplomatic track and is letting regional powers be part of the solution on N. Korea and letting Europe take the lead on Iran so that good cop/bad cop or carrot/stick inducements can be used there. The US used diplomacy against Iraq, but I think it was relatively clear that France and Russia weren't interested in seriously enforcing UNSCRs against Iraq, even after 12 years of non-compliance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shek
    That's an emotional argument. Other than a fruitcake US Congressman talking about bombing Mecca, no government offical in the West has spoken of using strategic nuclear weapons in the war on radical Islam.

The US has certainly played the diplomatic track and is letting regional powers be part of the solution on N. Korea and letting Europe take the lead on Iran so that good cop/bad cop or carrot/stick inducements can be used there. The US used diplomacy against Iraq, but I think it was relatively clear that France and Russia weren't interested in seriously enforcing UNSCRs against Iraq, even after 12 years of non-compliance.
    Exactly. Fruitcakes are everywhere wether it is US,India,Israel or Iran. North Korea is not Iraq ;it aint going to be easy, they have got Nuclear weapons. I dont know wether they have mated them though. France and Russia might have oil contracts there; if Iraq wasnt complying to the sanctions then why did it take US 10yrs to attack Iraq.

I like the way US plans to take on IRAN, it is a very matured approach.
    My dad was a politician so have too much of that in my blood.

Josh

Banned
    Shek

Would you please look into this thread, i have certain questions in the end ?
    http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...?t=7808&page=2

Thanks

Josh

Ubi dubium ibi libertas Senior Contributor
    And Just like you even though i was banned 3 days, i want to clear my side.I think it was unjustified.

Never been the submissive type.lol

Josh
    If you want to believe that's the same thing, I can't stop you.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

NEVER FORGET

Senior Contributor smilingassassin's Avatar
    No nation in the world should have the power to say one is evil and other is not, and attack the accused without any multinational consensus.

Josh
    In the case of Iraq one nation didn't call Iraq evil, primarily the U.S. and Britian called Iraq's regeime evil, and other nations agreed with little discussion. Italy, Spain, Poland, the Ukraine, Japan and others agreed while France, Germany and Russia disagreed. Russia is a very confused nation under Putin, Germany was in the middle of an election run up and France was simply France.

Multilateral means more than one so just how many more nations do you want till it meets your criteria of multi lateral? I think your were simply looking for 100% support, thats a tall order for any war.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingassassin
    In the case of Iraq one nation didn't call Iraq evil, primarily the U.S. and Britian called Iraq's regeime evil, and other nations agreed with little discussion. Italy, Spain, Poland, the Ukraine, Japan and others agreed while France, Germany and Russia disagreed. Russia is a very confused nation under Putin, Germany was in the middle of an election run up and France was simply France.

Multilateral means more than one so just how many more nations do you want till it meets your criteria of multi lateral? I think your were simply looking for 100% support, thats a tall order for any war.

True to an extent. but it would have been better if the security council approved it, as it was for enforcing the same security council laws US attacked Iraq.

Josh

Reach puberty first..lol

Who decides they are adult or not..
    This dialogue of yours maybe interpreted as High Handeness, or talking under the cover power by citizens of other nations.

Bit of Humility is good as a human being

Josh
    I'll decide. As will any clear-thinking adult on the planet.

The past 100 years have clearly shown that there is a large group of nations who are governed by principles based on maximal freedoms and initiatives of their citizens, and a group of nations who are governed by principles based on oppression and power consolidation.

I'll put a UK, U.S., and France in charge of a Sudan, Syria, and China any day of the week.

-dale

True to an extent. but it would have been better if the security council approved it, as it was for enforcing the same security council laws US attacked Iraq.

Josh
    Sure it would have been better, but with France, Germany, and Russia all bought off by Saddam, final explicit approval wasn't going to happen.

-dale

Banned
    Sure it would have been better, but with France, Germany, and Russia all bought off by Saddam, final explicit approval wasn't going to happen.

-dale

Please, now you are talking like all islamic crazed people saying "jews and israel control america"

France and Germany bought over by saddam..lol

Always look at both sides of the coin , it only makes you better.

Josh

We did, it was a two-headed coin....we went to war.

Thread Information