This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Tank

Today, their are many tanks to chose from.

In your opinion, please, state which you feel is/are the best tanks today.

M1A3 Abrams/IDF Merkava Mk IV
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The M1A3 doesn't exsist and it's not going to either.

Comment

plus there is not enough data/service experience available to make any statement about the merk4. just because its the latest one it is not the best. just wait that somebody comes again with leopard 2a6ex.

regards
        axl

www.kampfpanzer.de

Comment

I think when you have the latest versions of the Abrams, LeClerc, Merkava, Leopard II and Challenger II all lined up together, it's a matter of incremental differences overall. That is to say, one may have a better engine, but be slightly deficient in other areas. I would personally consider them all to be in the same class.
          Let's say for example that you have a Challenger II go up against a LeClerc. It would basically come down the crews since they are a pretty even match. Unlike say, taking that same LeClerc and putting it up against a T-55.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

NO WAY!

LEOPARD A6 IS THE BEST!

you musnt doubt the germans on tanks.

Comment

germans are stupid and make the same mistake they did two times in history. at the end of ww1 and ww2 they started making the tanks more and more heavy. the a5 had already more mass at the front, caused by the additional armour. the sweds did even worse by adding additional armour at hull front and turret roof. the germans came with the longer gun, again mass at the front. and now they will upgrade the tanks to the so called leo2a6m by adding additional mine protection. the sweds will do the same, probably go also for the l55 gun. the leo2 has been designed with 55t and now it is going to brake the 70t barrier. the suspension of the swedish ones has been modified, but not of the germans. and still the propulsion is the same and the mass is not anymore balanced over the vehicle, its focused on the front. good by best mobility ever seen.

regards
              axl

px: it's Leclerc and not LeClerc. It is named after a general.

www.kampfpanzer.de

Comment

M1A2.... but like sniper I wouldn't be to keen on crewing ones... I follow the "try not to be in, on or around a bomb magnet" method.
                Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

Yeah this brings up another question i have.

i will start a new thread about it.

Comment

Axl
                    You are correct in the spelling of General Jacque Philippe Leclerc's last name. I've seen it spelled LeClerc only occasionally, and it's probably incorrect. I personally like how it looks with the first C capitalized, but I'll be sure to spell it correctly for now on. Thanks for the info.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

english speakers tent to go for le clerk...but that is not really the same as the general. leclerc is a widely used lastname in france, they have even a supermarked with it. unfortunatelly they don't sell this excelent tank. :-)

regards
                      axl

www.kampfpanzer.de

Comment

The Leclerc supermarket might not have Main Battle Tanks in stock but I'll just bet that the French Government and defense industry would just love to find an overseas buyer for their steel beastie. Currently it seems like the two big tank exporters are the US and Russia. Hard market to break into.

Comment

could be that saudi arabia is going for the leclerc. negotiations are ongoing since years, but now france made it official. so maybe something is going on here soon.

regards
                          axl

www.kampfpanzer.de

Comment

Saudia Arabia has the M1A2 they don't need any Frog shit.

Comment

saudi arabia is also using the amx-30s. those tanks have to be replaced. as the political relationship between the usa and saudi arabia is not anymore the best and as arabien countries like to receive the military equippment from different suppliers they will go for something else.

what is your specific knowledge about the leclerc to allow such a statement? and what version are you refering to?

regards
                              axl

www.kampfpanzer.de

Comment

Working...
                              X