Red Sox Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox Win

NEW YORK -- The curse of the Bambino struck the New York Post, too.

On the morning after the New York Yankees vanquished the Boston Red Sox to win the American League pennant, some editions of the Post carried an editorial bemoaning a loss for the Bronx Bombers.

"The Yankees couldn't get the job done," read the editorial. "...The hitting fell short and the bullpen simply didn't deliver. It's a crying shame that Roger Clemens' career had to end on a losing note."

Clemens, the Yankees' 41-year-old pitcher, will be one of the starters when the Yankees take on the Florida Marlins in the World Series.

Post Editor in Chief Col Allan blamed the foul-up on a simple production error.

"We had prepared two editorials, one in the event of the Yankees winning, one with the Yankees losing," he said. "When we transmitted the pages to our printing facility, the wrong button was struck and the wrong editorial sent."

The mistake was caught and corrected in later editions. But City Council Speaker Gifford Miller -- the target of another editorial in Friday's paper -- waved an oversized copy of the Post gaffe at a Yankees pep rally at City Hall.

Its headline: "A Curse of Their Own?"

I'm going to cry myself to sleep every night for the next six months. :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Comment

I laughed really hard. My friend and his dad are die-hard Red Sox fans...
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
        I laughed really hard. My friend and his dad are die-hard Red Sox fans...
        It was so sad. :cry

Comment

I hate the Yankees.

Go Marlins!

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            I hate the Yankees.

Go Marlins!
            Feel the same way.

Comment

I figured I'd bump this up in light of recent events.

It's nice to think that the Yankees are the ones saying "There's always next year," for once.
              Last edited by Leader; 21 Oct 04,, 08:56.

Comment

I slept like a baby last night. There is nothing as satisfying as watching those obnoxious Yankee fans eat crow. I guess Steinbrenner will have to add another 100 million to his payroll next season.

Comment

Gotta love the final score! 10-3 ouch!!! nice way to cap off a 4 game rally.
                  say goodbye to that huge gorrilla on Bostons back.
                  Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

I can't help but wonder why they put Pedo in the game.

Comment

Finally!

Comment

Working...
                      X