Exodus of americans fails to materialize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exodus of americans fails to materialize

Thank god! We need more Liberals up here like I need a hole in the head...

http://www.canada.com/national/natio...1-a63d125c6df9

August 6, 2005
    Ottawa - The number of Americans applying to live in Canada actually fell in the six months after George W. Bush was re-elected president last November, despite dire warnings by Democratic Party supporters.
    The latest figures released by Statistics Canada show 14,666 Americans applied to emigrate between November, 2004, and March, 2005, according to figures supplied by the main Canadian processing centre in Buffalo, N.Y.
    That's 1,600 fewer than had submitted applications in the six months leading up to the U.S. election.
    In the days after Mr. Bush's victory, U.S. media were full of reports that liberal-leaning Americans were headed north to escape the red tide of Republicanism washing over much of the United States.
    The number of U.S. citizens visiting Canada's main immigration Web site shot up sixfold.
    Many organizations that established Web sites to help the wannabe Canadians relocate also experienced heavy traffic.
    But the flood never materialized.
    Toby Condliffe, who chairs the Canadian chapter of Democrats Abroad, said he is not surprised there was no exodus of despondent left-leaning voters.
    "There's more to moving than just politics," he said.
    "There's family and other considerations that start to take hold when you start to think about it seriously."
    People eventually just calmed down after Democrat candidate John Kerry lost the election, he said.
    On the face of it this is not good news -- Canada is one of the few major nations seeking to attract immigrants -- but Joe Volpe, the federal Immigration Minister, was philosophical.
    "We'll take talent from wherever it is resident in the world," he told Reuters.
    "I was absolutely elated to see the number of hits and then my staff said, 'You know what? A hit on the Internet is after all just a hit.' "
    "I guess I'm happy Republicans and Democrats have found a way to live together in peace and in harmony," he added.
    Mr. Condliffe offered another explanation for the lack of eager American immigrants.
    "I can only assume the Americans who checked out the Web site subsequently checked out our winter temperatures and further took note that the National Hockey League was being locked out and had second thoughts," he said.
    Last year, Canada, which has a population of about 32 million, accepted 235,808 immigrants from all over the world.
    © National Post 2005
    Last edited by smilingassassin; 07 Aug 05,, 00:57.
    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Originally posted by smilingassassin
    Thank god! We need more Liberals up here like I need a hole in the head...

http://www.canada.com/national/natio...1-a63d125c6df9

August 6, 2005
    Ottawa - The number of Americans applying to live in Canada actually fell in the six months after George W. Bush was re-elected president last November, despite dire warnings by Democratic Party supporters.
    The latest figures released by Statistics Canada show 14,666 Americans applied to emigrate between November, 2004, and March, 2005, according to figures supplied by the main Canadian processing centre in Buffalo, N.Y.
    That's 1,600 fewer than had submitted applications in the six months leading up to the U.S. election.
    In the days after Mr. Bush's victory, U.S. media were full of reports that liberal-leaning Americans were headed north to escape the red tide of Republicanism washing over much of the United States.
    The number of U.S. citizens visiting Canada's main immigration Web site shot up sixfold.
    Many organizations that established Web sites to help the wannabe Canadians relocate also experienced heavy traffic.
    But the flood never materialized.
    Toby Condliffe, who chairs the Canadian chapter of Democrats Abroad, said he is not surprised there was no exodus of despondent left-leaning voters.
    "There's more to moving than just politics," he said.
    "There's family and other considerations that start to take hold when you start to think about it seriously."
    People eventually just calmed down after Democrat candidate John Kerry lost the election, he said.
    On the face of it this is not good news -- Canada is one of the few major nations seeking to attract immigrants -- but Joe Volpe, the federal Immigration Minister, was philosophical.
    "We'll take talent from wherever it is resident in the world," he told Reuters.
    "I was absolutely elated to see the number of hits and then my staff said, 'You know what? A hit on the Internet is after all just a hit.' "
    "I guess I'm happy Republicans and Democrats have found a way to live together in peace and in harmony," he added.
    Mr. Condliffe offered another explanation for the lack of eager American immigrants.
    "I can only assume the Americans who checked out the Web site subsequently checked out our winter temperatures and further took note that the National Hockey League was being locked out and had second thoughts," he said.
    Last year, Canada, which has a population of about 32 million, accepted 235,808 immigrants from all over the world.
    © National Post 2005
    Most Dems would rather just biitch and throw tantrums to get attention than actually DO anything positive, like emigrate. All talk, as usual.

Furthermore, most really don't believe their own BS about how crappy it is to live here in an America that is safer and more prosperous than the America that all of us inherited from the poor stewardship of when the Dems were in charge, and have no REAL desire to taste what it is that they so fervently wish upon their own country. It can be had in abundance just over that line in Canada, but they just don't seem to want to leave this hell for the Nirvana that beckons just across the line.

Cowards and fools. If they HAD acted on their little foot-stomping snit and moved like they'd promised to, we'd just need to support 'em in their new homes in Canada with foreign aid, as Canada would sink further into the 'paradise' that they're making for themselves with each step further left that they take. If the critical mass of liberals' numbers in Canada had ballooned with massive numbers of American lefty emigres, it wouldn't be possible for the sane Canadians to keep what's left of their country from becoming North Korea's twin within our lifetimes.

Comment

"Exodus of americans fails to materialize"

Damn it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
        If the critical mass of liberals' numbers in Canada had ballooned with massive numbers of American lefty emigres, it wouldn't be possible for the sane Canadians to keep what's left of their country from becoming North Korea's twin within our lifetimes.
        Tell me about it, Canada is quickly loosing its culture thanks to its own indiginous lefty's. Dispite my extreme dislike of Martins policy's I won't stupe to "hating" the man like the lefty's do with Bush.
        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
          Most Dems would rather just biitch and throw tantrums to get attention than actually DO anything positive, like emigrate. All talk, as usual.

Furthermore, most really don't believe their own BS about how crappy it is to live here in an America that is safer and more prosperous than the America that all of us inherited from the poor stewardship of when the Dems were in charge, and have no REAL desire to taste what it is that they so fervently wish upon their own country. It can be had in abundance just over that line in Canada, but they just don't seem to want to leave this hell for the Nirvana that beckons just across the line.

Cowards and fools. If they HAD acted on their little foot-stomping snit and moved like they'd promised to, we'd just need to support 'em in their new homes in Canada with foreign aid, as Canada would sink further into the 'paradise' that they're making for themselves with each step further left that they take. If the critical mass of liberals' numbers in Canada had ballooned with massive numbers of American lefty emigres, it wouldn't be possible for the sane Canadians to keep what's left of their country from becoming North Korea's twin within our lifetimes.
          Bwahahahahaha!!!
          Oh that was a good one Bluesman *wiping my eyes*
          BUT....you forgot to include the loser Hollywood types like Susan Sarandon, Alec Baldwin....did I miss any of those? Oh yeah, Hanoi Jane.
          Attached Files
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
          X