The Korean War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to your reply sir.
    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Within 15 hours. I've got a heavy load today and got to drive #1 Daughter to ballet (no, I DO NOT THINK SHE LOOKS CUTE) this afternoon after work and endure a bunch of kids jumping up and down calling it dancing.

Can't wait until I can get her on some pads and a hockey stick (she's her old man that way - no figure skating for her).

Sorry about the rant, just one of many wars I've lost.
      Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 12 Aug 05,, 14:36.

Comment

Take your time sir. I am more than familiar with kids plays and dances. My father always had a pained look about hime when he went to one of my sisters recitals. But than he did not want to set my mother off.
        "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
          Within 15 hours. I've got a heavy load today and got to drive #1 Daughter to ballet (no, I DO NOT THINK SHE LOOKS CUTE) this afternoon after work and endure a bunch of kids jumping up and down calling it dancing.
          It's OK Sir, we all know that she looks cute, even if you won't admit it.
          Just wait until the vultures....erm, boys start circling. That's when you'll need that standard issue weapon.

Speaking of lil cuties, it's a shame that this honey was not available during Korea, had the NCA authorized the release of nuclear weapons.

W-19 "Katie" 16-inch nuclear projectile (15 - 20 Kiloton yield)

You can't exactly shoot one down...though can you can attempt sink the firing platform.
          Attached Files
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Can't wait until I can get her on some pads and a hockey stick (she's her old man that way - no figure skating for her).

Sorry about the rant, just one of many wars I've lost.
            How old is your daughter now? I thought she was like 2 years old. Man she's way too young to be a ballet dancer.

Comment

Four

Comment

Four
                Oh dear God....you poor man. If she's 4, then you've already surrendered your sword to her and presented yourself to be wrapped around her finger....
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Ahh yes, the 16"er.

What would a 20kt warhead do? Isn't that about Hiroshima-sized? Were the shells fused for airburst or impact or either?

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
                    Ahh yes, the 16"er.

What would a 20kt warhead do? Isn't that about Hiroshima-sized? Were the shells fused for airburst or impact or either?

-dale
                    First of all, I screwed up. It was designated W-23 not W-19.

According to the mail-order catalog, it was Mechanical time delay airburst.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper Fi
                      The US was already facing a reaction from China. The chinese lost 1 million people trying to defend the north.

First of all, this figure of 1 million Chinese, can you verify it?

Secondly, the Chinese weren't just "trying to defend the North" - they succeeded. That's why we still have a North Korea today.

This "body count" mentality is a too shallow way of looking at events that shape the world. Even if the Chinese did lose a million, that's a drop in the ocean for them. They weren't protecting North Korea - they were protecting China's border and its pride. A million, a few million... wouldn't matter. In the end, they achieved their goals, which was to help maintain North Korea as a buffer state at China's border.

Combloc reactions aside, does the US need nuclear weapons everytime it fights against Asian countries?

Shame
                      Last edited by Chino; 11 Sep 05,, 11:30.

Comment

Agree with you as far as the outcome of Korea.

Nukes could have won the war for the US in 1950/51.

Comment

Working...
                        X