The Earth is flat!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Earth is flat!!!!

So I was reading up on moon landing hoax (my ISPs all broadband's severely crippled for several days, can't do much of anything), so I land up on a reference to the "Flat Earth society".

With a big "WTF" I click on it. Man are they a bunch of loonies or what. They ask for evidence, and no matter what evidence is given to them, they just say "its fake" and ask for evidence again.

Some guy goes to their forum and just to piss em off, goes like "China doesn't exist, prove it". They're like posting pictures, and saying how they've been to China, and the guy keeps saying "Prove it" :D.

Being an obnoxious idiot rocks.

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?...arth%20Society

Freaks abound ;)
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Tell them to take a telescope onto a low mountain top and scan the horizon, if the earth is round the edge will seem to drop away at a point not far distance, if it is flat, they should, from their vantage point with the telescope, see thousands of Km, with various cities lying before them.
      The reason for the scope, without it they will say, the horizon 'seems' to drop away due to the eyes inability to see great distances unaided.
      Also you can tell them to take a boat trip to a foreign country, and ask them to explain how it is that the land seems to rise out of the ocean as you approach it, explainable with a spherical earth, try and explain it with a flat earth.

Comment

They're calling the planet flat, dude. They're saying the ball like planet we've seen in pictures over the years is all fake and made up. You think all that reasoning's going anywhere with them?

We've got the Americans, the Russians and the Chinese who've gone to space so far. Its simple if this is some big mama conspiracy theory, its got three nations who don't like each other at all, collaborating with the world's biggest lie. Also I think it was a pythagorean belief suggesting a round Earth, simply from the fact that the Sun and the Moon are round.

So these guys believe, that Pythagoras started this conspiracy thousands of years ago and is being upheld by America, Russia and China. So when anyone who believes that, tells me to prove it, I don't give them explanations like those. I just tell them to kiss my bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
          Some guy goes to their forum and just to piss em off, goes like "China doesn't exist, prove it". They're like posting pictures, and saying how they've been to China, and the guy keeps saying "Prove it" :D.

Being an obnoxious idiot rocks.
          Can you please post their forum link? I want to piss them off.

Comment

Pamela Anderson is flat. I wonder just how many of you would like to prove I'm wrong.

Comment

THe spirit of the volunteer.

Asim I would like to point out that they are right, the earth is flat, at the poles.
              "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/

Pamela Anderson is flat. I wonder just how many of you would like to prove I'm wrong.
                I think that's flat enough for me.

Well I'd much rather agree on the Earth being flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                  Compared to Anna Ohura, and the legions of women who have made money posing nude with Fs yeah She is flat.

Comment

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/f...hp?p=3051#3051

Comment

Awesome, hey should we have an Angry Ranting sub-Forum? Please? Man now I see it, all these India/Pakistan debates that everyone's sick of would all be vented out there and perhaps all will be fine

Comment

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/f...er=asc&start=0

OMFG. YOU HAVE TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME. That guy is so annoying. I want to hunt him down and kill him with a spoon.

As for a rant forum, I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                          Awesome, hey should we have an Angry Ranting sub-Forum? Please? Man now I see it, all these India/Pakistan debates that everyone's sick of would all be vented out there and perhaps all will be fine
                          Maybe there is a way to forward all the crazies saying 9-11 was a gov't cover-up there....unless that board has already figured it out and has been forwarding them all here...

One more thing...before these looneys get shoved off as being Liberals, I think we have been stuck with more than our fair shair of crazies lately. Can another group take them in, please? How about Ross Perot and his Reform Party? :)
                          Last edited by THL; 12 Aug 05,, 10:54.
                          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Well, I think if you want to teach intelligent design in scíence class then you should include although the "flat earth theory". ;)

Comment

Originally posted by giggs88
                              http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/f...er=asc&start=0

OMFG. YOU HAVE TO BE ****ING KIDDING ME. That guy is so annoying. I want to hunt him down and kill him with a spoon.

That guy in the link must be on something. He is saying China does'nt exist!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X