My public apology to Gen Nambiar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My public apology to Gen Nambiar

On this forum, I've made several incorrect judgements on Indian General Nambiar on UNPROFOR.

I've been told that I was incorrect in my assessement and my conclusions were based upon inadequate information.

Major-General (Retired) Lewis MacKenzie has the highest respects for General Nambiar who supported my General in everyway that he can.

I was not privy to this information as I was not supposed to and my judgements were incorrect and insulting to a very honourable man.

I apologize to the General and to all who read my erred judgements.

Colonel,

You are a gentleman, sir.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Handled as Ray stated.

Like an officer and a gentleman.

Comment

Not many people agree that they've made mistakes, out of em only a handful apologize for it!!

Indeed you'r a gentleman, Sir! :clap:
        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Can you tell me the new information which you got that made you change your opinion of General Nambiar?

Comment

Colonel,

Tell us. Unless it is too private.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sir,

It's embarrassing but it ain't private.

What happenned was MGen MacKenzie tore me a new asshole. Dress down in proper military speak.

My impressions was first hand but I was not privy (as I should not have been) to behind doors discussions between the two Generals.

What Lew said was that Gen Nambiar was annoyed but not unsupportive of Canadian actions. He wished he was in on it from the "go." He could have instructed his Staff to act accrodingly instead of trying to adhere to the rules.

There was a culture clash of sorts as the two Generals (and their respective staffs) acted to get the job done. It's apparent that neither Staff thought much of each other but the Generals (through trial and error) got along fine and migitated the circumstances that would include the clashes.

There was one incident which I've completely misread. A French diplomat tore Gen Nambiar a new asshole and Gen MacKenzie stepped up to toss the French idiot out of the CP.

I had thought that Gen Nambiar was too civilized to stand up for himself and therefore could not stand up for his men. What I didn't know was Gen Nambiar was taking the heat for someone else. Gen MacKenzie stood up and relieved Gen Nambiar of that heat which should not be his to take.

Once the two Generals understood each other, they acted in conjunction though the Staffs were not privy to that. Gen MacKenzie gave orders to his Staff and Gen Nambiar orders to his Staff. From our respecitve points of views, I guess we both saw interferencess from the other.

However, it's apparent that the two Generals got along fine and found ways to get both respective Staffs to work with each other even though both didn't know it and held predijuced views of which I am certainly guilty.

Sir, my excuse is that I ain't a General but it would be a very poor excuse. I should have known better and I didn't.

Comment

Alls well that ends well. wink.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                X