Got a Pet ? Post its picture !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
    In the first picture he is smiling and in the second cuddling with Chloe the kitten.
    Glad to know he likes Chloe because once again he pretty much ignored me this past weekend.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

My house cat, as opposed to the barn cats, doesn't even know I exist and gives an angry hiss everytime I kick her out of my chair.

Comment

Chloe was scratching the furniture when she came here as a wee-tot kitten last fall, something Max never did. I cannot bring myself to declaw her as I find it vile and brutal. So I found a solution. There is a thing out there called soft paws (also goes by the name soft claws, by the same company). They are little pieces of colored rubber that you glue over the cats nails. I first got her pink and she now is wearing purple (see photo 1). Well, since Chloe is now unable to scratch the furniture, Max had decided to take it up...so yes, his manicure now consists of blue nails (see photo 2).

btw, they make these for dogs, too. :)
        Attached Files
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Oh for gods sake.
          1: take cat
          2: Hold cat upside down (belly up) in your lap, firmly squeezed between your thighs
          3: Take one pair of toenail clippers
          4: Apply gentle but firm pressure to the pads of the cats paw with your thumb to splay the claws
          5: clip claws

I mean really
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
            Oh for gods sake.
            1: take cat
            2: Hold cat upside down (belly up) in your lap, firmly squeezed between your thighs
            3: Take one pair of toenail clippers
            4: Apply gentle but firm pressure to the pads of the cats paw with your thumb to splay the claws
            5: clip claws

I mean really
            I do that but they still claw @ the furniture. So here I have it solved.
            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
              I still can't believe that that cat can actually glare at somebody.
              Not much experience with cats or something? Before our cat got old and soft (all she wants to do now is sit on my lap, like right now) she could give you the evil eye like no other. She would sit outside on the windowsill, and she'd look at us, and say with her eyes, clear as a bell, "If you peons don't feed me within the minute, I will kill you in your sleep." That cat was mean. And schizo, too. Whack you as you passed by, then ask for food. Old, fat, and lazy now.
              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                Not much experience with cats or something? Before our cat got old and soft (all she wants to do now is sit on my lap, like right now) she could give you the evil eye like no other. She would sit outside on the windowsill, and she'd look at us, and say with her eyes, clear as a bell, "If you peons don't feed me within the minute, I will kill you in your sleep." That cat was mean. And schizo, too. Whack you as you passed by, then ask for food. Old, fat, and lazy now.
                TH has a complex where Max is involved...I think its a "Man In Charge" thing.

Comment

LOL. Men, women, and cats. It's a vicious cycle that will never be broken. Ever read Kipling's Just So Stories?
                  I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

All animals love me. You do remember Scott at Sage's Siberian Husky? Told us all the time about how viscious she was with strangers. She loved me!

YOUR cat on the other hand, merely doesn't like the fact that there is another rooster in the henhouse. ;)
                    Attached Files
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter
                      YOUR cat on the other hand, merely doesn't like the fact that there is another rooster in the henhouse. ;)
                      MY cat is still the only rooster in the henhouse - he may have just missed the memo that there would be a drifter stopping by for a spell.

See the little cat pillow laying behind him, It reads: "Dogs have masters, Cats have staff." How very true.

Comment

• I had put this on Mackenzie's website, but just thought it was too cute not to post. The things that cat lets that little girl do to him. He did leave shortly after she put on the purple plastic clip on barbie earrings. Everyone has their limits.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal View Post
                          Everyone has their limits.
                          Unbelievable how a cat can actually glare like that.

Comment

• The mighty Achilles, lover of people, hunter of rodents.

Comment

• Canis Snarfulus Vulgaris AKA "Sadie". Likes other dogs, little children and women, in that order.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sappersgt; 17 Sep 06,, 19:05.
                              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Sammie the Bird-Eater:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9522/sammiexb5.jpg
                                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                                X