Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 338

Thread: Got a Pet ? Post its picture !

  1. #46
    Contributor hello's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 May 05
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Samudra
    Dogs ROCK !
    Cats SUCK !
    Cats look down on us.
    Dogs look up at us.
    Pigs see us as equals.

    Pigs are the Best!

  2. #47
    Senior Contributor Samudra's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Sep 04
    Location
    Nilgiris
    Posts
    859
    How about Horses ?
    I like them a lot...

  3. #48
    Actus Reus Senior Contributor sparten's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Apr 04
    Location
    You would like to know would'nt you?
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by parihaka
    The worst bit about this is a couple of times I've woken up and had a half eaten mouse on my pillow with the cat sitting there looking at me like "here ya go mate, tuck in!"
    My moms cat once found a small cobra in the garden grabbed it, walked in cool as you please to the living room and placed it as an offering at my mothers feet
    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

  4. #49
    Senior Contributor THL's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jun 05
    Location
    35 minutes outside Chicago (please don't refer to it as "Chi-Town"...that's annoying)
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by sparten
    My moms cat once found a small cobra in the garden grabbed it, walked in cool as you please to the living room and placed it as an offering at my mothers feet

    If your mother was anything like mine - I am sure she loved that!
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

    "I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

    "I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

    "He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

  5. #50
    Global Moderator
    Dirty Kiwi
    Parihaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Wellington, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,647
    Quote Originally Posted by sparten
    My moms cat once found a small cobra in the garden grabbed it, walked in cool as you please to the living room and placed it as an offering at my mothers feet
    lol, This makes me real pleased I live in a country with no poisonous creatures
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility

    Gottfried Leibniz

  6. #51
    Actus Reus Senior Contributor sparten's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Apr 04
    Location
    You would like to know would'nt you?
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatsLiberal
    If your mother was anything like mine - I am sure she loved that!
    Well she did the high jump in collage and well I suppose instincts took over.

    Seriously we were lucky the damn thing fell upside down, and we had a pistol handy.
    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

  7. #52
    Contributor hello's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 May 05
    Posts
    697
    You mean the cobra fell upside down or the cat or your mother? Did you shoot the snake or the cat?

  8. #53
    Senior Contributor Samudra's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Sep 04
    Location
    Nilgiris
    Posts
    859
    Is that not a cat knitting away in your avatar , Hello ?

  9. #54
    Actus Reus Senior Contributor sparten's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Apr 04
    Location
    You would like to know would'nt you?
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by hello
    You mean the cobra fell upside down or the cat or your mother? Did you shoot the snake or the cat?
    Obivioulsy it was the cobra. And yes it was the cobra that got shot by a Bretta 9mm. Though I think more damage was done to the carpet. Mom was safely out of the way.
    "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

  10. #55
    Staff Emeritus Lunatock's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Aug 03
    Location
    Southeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,337
    I have two pics of my dog that'll be scanned whenever it's possible, first as a puppy and then as a ten year old grouch. He's survived twelve human years, hip displacetia, and a Jihad that was declared on him (coincidentally) in september-october 2001 when for the first time ever he seriously tried to bite someone -an Arab girl- in the face. (Been compared to "Beast" from The Hills Have Eyes for doing that.)

  11. #56
    Senior Contributor THL's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jun 05
    Location
    35 minutes outside Chicago (please don't refer to it as "Chi-Town"...that's annoying)
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatock
    I have two pics of my dog that'll be scanned whenever it's possible, first as a puppy and then as a ten year old grouch. He's survived twelve human years, hip displacetia, and a Jihad that was declared on him (coincidentally) in september-october 2001 when for the first time ever he seriously tried to bite someone -an Arab girl- in the face. (Been compared to "Beast" from The Hills Have Eyes for doing that.)

    Awww..what kind of dog, Lunatock? I had a Rottie that had a sort of "jihad" declared on her as well at one point. I had her in my fenced in back yard while I was sitting outside with her at 2am. My too-drunk-to-know-better neighbor walked up to the fence and tried to "pet" her. He ending up smacking my dog, who backed up. I walked up to the fence to get my dog and tell my neighbor what I was thinking of him at the moment, when he opened the gate, walked about a foot in and kicked my Rott while yelling in a drunken stupor. When the dog bit him (I can only assume she thought he was going to come after me) he sobered up and called the police. My poor dog was put on house arrest after being incarcerated for a few days and having a $900 fine imposed. The drunken neighbor who not only trespassed, displayed public intoxication and cruelty to animals (he broke one of my dogs teeth and Rotties teeth are not fragile) - $250 fine.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

    "I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

    "I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

    "He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

  12. #57
    Staff Emeritus Lunatock's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Aug 03
    Location
    Southeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatsLiberal
    Awww..what kind of dog, Lunatock? I had a Rottie that had a sort of "jihad" declared on her as well at one point. I had her in my fenced in back yard while I was sitting outside with her at 2am. My too-drunk-to-know-better neighbor walked up to the fence and tried to "pet" her. He ending up smacking my dog, who backed up. I walked up to the fence to get my dog and tell my neighbor what I was thinking of him at the moment, when he opened the gate, walked about a foot in and kicked my Rott while yelling in a drunken stupor. When the dog bit him (I can only assume she thought he was going to come after me) he sobered up and called the police. My poor dog was put on house arrest after being incarcerated for a few days and having a $900 fine imposed. The drunken neighbor who not only trespassed, displayed public intoxication and cruelty to animals (he broke one of my dogs teeth and Rotties teeth are not fragile) - $250 fine.

    "McBride" is a twelve year old Dalmation. He sure doesn't look like he's twelve in human years, and can be rather agile when he wants to be..like when he uncharacteristicly tried to bite that Muslima, who went on to make me not feel the least bit bad that he tried to clamp down on her face the more I got to know her after that.

  13. #58
    Contributor hello's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 May 05
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Samudra
    Is that not a cat knitting away in your avatar , Hello ?
    Actually, I never knew what it was exactly but it looks kinda like a cat very nervously knitting away at that yarn at a very high speed and that penguin watching it with a confused, stange-ish expression. It was my sister's choice but I only put it there cause I couldn't stop laughing at that ridiculous picture the first time I saw it.

  14. #59
    Senior Contributor THL's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Jun 05
    Location
    35 minutes outside Chicago (please don't refer to it as "Chi-Town"...that's annoying)
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by hello
    Actually, I never knew what it was exactly but it looks kinda like a cat very nervously knitting away at that yarn at a very high speed and that penguin watching it with a confused, stange-ish expression. It was my sister's choice but I only put it there cause I couldn't stop laughing at that ridiculous picture the first time I saw it.

    A Penguin and a cat? Hhmmm. I have been thinking it was a black crow and a mouse.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

    "I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

    "I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

    "He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

  15. #60
    Contributor hello's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 May 05
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatsLiberal
    A Penguin and a cat? Hhmmm. I have been thinking it was a black crow and a mouse.
    ... which nervously knits away at the same yarn at a rapid speed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Intelligence Chief to Shift to Deputy State Dept. Post
    By Ray in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05 Jan 07,, 05:06
  2. Top scientists concerned over strategic programme post n-deal
    By gamercube in forum International Politics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17 Dec 06,, 22:45
  3. Washington Post Endorses REPUBLICAN for MD-8
    By IraGold0318 in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29 Oct 04,, 00:12

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •