X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your criterion of Greatness?
    http://forum.globaltimes.cn

Comment

• i would say that "greatness" is the impact it has or had on our world, and the area it conquered and colonized SUCCESSFULLY.

Comment

• Roman-had the greatest impact,their legacy is(and will be) present.
        They also where ahead of their time in so many ways and surpased the test of time,lasting a very long time for any empire.

Comment

• The Roman Empire's legacy is very hard to over estimate, it still affects us today in so many ways. In so many ways we are, in a sense, still living the lives the Romans lived, whether it be in terms of laws, customs or language. The Roman Empire took much of what had been established in ancient Greece and and cemented that culture throughout much of Europe in such a way that it developed into the most pervasive and dominant culture in the world, which today dominates in terms of language, science, culture, literature, etc. That, more than any conquests, is an achievement of such staggering magnitude that I don't think any other civilisation has had a greater effect on world history, certainly not as pervasive and long lasting.
          "I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC

Comment

Working...
          X