Today in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
    And no Knaur , i wasnt the stoker on the first train , or the rear gunner , or as you would Say ghonne,ria
    Must have been head conductor then,couldn't see them letting you drive that thing;)
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamus View Post
      Must have been head conductor then,couldn't see them letting you drive that thing;)
      Sniped again :P

Comment

Sniped again :P
        You need to stop wearing that shirt with the bullseye on the front and back.
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have been on it , it stood on Darlington station (bank top ) for a long time , us children played on it untill some grumpy jobs worth kicked us up the arse to get off it now resides in the museum on north road , the great north road the A1 where the museum is and the worlds oldest working station , i believe so anyways , and its where the latest steam train was built , the tornado , seeing the foto,s im getting nostalgic now and cant wait to get back there , the viaduct in the pic is still there , it spans the river tees at Yarm , a place i have fished many times and sailed up in my boat , there is also a boozer named after the train in newton aycliffe , i have been in there as well , a good eatery to boot .
          Last edited by tankie; 28 Sep 09,, 20:20.

Comment

And no Knaur , i wasnt the stoker on the first train , or the rear gunner , or as you would Say ghonne,ria
            Thats all right mate, I know you ain't that young, rear gunner did you say, must'ev been one of those strapping young Spartan blokes I suppose :P

Originally posted by zraver View Post
            I know Tankie crewed a cent, but wasn't his first platoon sergeant a centurion as well?
            When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by knaur amarsh View Post
              thats all right mate, i know you ain't that young, rear gunner did you say, must'ev been one of those strapping young spartan blokes i suppose :p
              im sparticus ;)

Comment

im sparticus ;)
                I'd believe Farticus after a few beers.

Comment

I'd believe Farticus after a few beers.
                  aww ,, ok then ;)

Comment

• Back on thread.

1 Oct 1962 Brian Epstein signs a contract to manage Beatles through 1977.

Comment

• 16th Dec, 1971 - Liberation of Bangladesh :))
                      When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X