M1A2 vs T-80U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1A2 vs T-80U

Now, of course we have the superior trainees...but in terms of performance which overall is the better tank? And which carries the better Armour?

The M-1A1HA/A2, Leo II and Chalenger II are really in a class all their own.

A formation of T-80s would stand little chance against a formation of the big3, even with properly trained crews...something that all operators of T series tanks seem to universally lack.

Comment

Does the M1A2 carry the 'Chobham'(however you spell it) armour that the Challenger 2 carries?

Comment

All M-1's do. The A1HA and newer also have Depleted Uranium armor panels as well.

Comment

Is the Chobham, on the Leopard ll?

It has proven to be very effective type of armour from what I've read of.

Comment

Chobham is used on all versions of the Leo II, Abrams and Challenger.

Chobham equivelant armor is used on the LeClerk.

Supposedly the T-80U and newer have some sort of composite armor, but it's totally unproven in combat.

Comment

What shocks me in the turbine engine in the M1, kicks the 68 tons of devastating steel at about 45mph.

I think it has the most powerful tank engine ever to be placed inside a tank.

Comment

With the governer disabled the early M-1s could do 70 mph.

At the test track in detroit with no turret installed M-1's hit 90mph.

LOL, that's hauling ass.

Comment

But what's the point of driving it without the turret, except for getting a really big Afro?
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I dunno, validating the tracks and suspension i guess.

Probably just because it was fun as hell, LOL.

Comment

Damn that is fast! I heard the speed the M1 reaches would make most tanks tracks fall right off...

I wouldn't want to face an M1 or Challenger ll.

Brits really made a good tank with the Challenger.

Comment

T series tanks do surpass the M1 in the "flying frying pan" manuever.
                        Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

LOL! Indeed they do Stinger. ;)

Comment

So....
                            Your nice Highway Patrol Officer is sitting on an approach late one night. His radar beeps.... 70...70...70...70. And it's a 45 zone. He doesn't recognize the headlight configuration, but that doesn't matter, this guys gonna get a ticket...

"OK, Officer Jensen (Sargent speaking), How is it that a speeder CRUSHED your cruiser to FOUR INCHES THICK???? And you didn't even get a license number!"
                            sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

But wouldnt the T-80(UD/84/90/90S), with the range provided to them by
                              the AT-11 sniper ATGM's be able to strike the M1A2 from farther
                              away? They would not pierce its armour, but nevertheless, the explosion
                              would render ineffective their advanced targeting sights.

Comment

Working...
                              X