Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update, ill have my 3rd child in october, finaly a daughter. alas it may be our last child, breaking with the large family tradition.

my religion was spread by the ruler, no not the one that resides over people, the one that measures stuff.
    Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
    Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
    Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
    Listen to the words long written down
    When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

Originally posted by donnie
      update, ill have my 3rd child in october, finaly a daughter. alas it may be our last child, breaking with the large family tradition.

my religion was spread by the ruler, no not the one that resides over people, the one that measures stuff.
      Congratulations donnie!
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I forgot if I posted here already but I'm a Hindu.
        Am out of town for a while and then have tons of work coming up at school. Will be back once that's all done.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido
          I am Lutheran, Ironduke is one of my converts, and Gio will soon be next...

We will take over through convenience and comfort...Bwoo-Ha-HA-HA-ha-ha-haaaaa...
          Bah, I'm back to Presbyterianism :)

I think I've probably only had about 30-40 alcoholic drinks since I graduated from high school about 2 years ago.... doing the math that amounts to about 1.5 drinks per month.... I don't think I meet the requirements for Lutheranism. ;)
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I'm a hindu by birth,I still practice hindusim but I see myself as unitarian and universalist!
            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
              I'm a hindu by birth,I still practice hindusim but I see myself as unitarian and universalist!
              A couple of my great-uncles, professors with Ph.D's are Unitarians.... my grandpa made a joke that when they go to services they worship themselves, lol.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

heh, whats wrong in that :) If you do nothing but good, you can revere your own self!

Even the hindu scriptures say God is on one's good deeds!
                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke
                  Bah, I'm back to Presbyterianism :)

I think I've probably only had about 30-40 alcoholic drinks since I graduated from high school about 2 years ago.... doing the math that amounts to about 1.5 drinks per month.... I don't think I meet the requirements for Lutheranism. ;)
                  30-40 in 2 years??? I can beat that and I'm a muslim :)

Comment

I take alcohol once every 3 months or so.
                    Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
                    Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                      30-40 in 2 years??? I can beat that and I'm a muslim :)
                      same here ...

Comment

Never smoked nothing, never had any alcoholic drinks either. Never tried either. More than being a religious thing, I kinda hate being a slave to any kind of addiction. I know trying either won't get you addicted, but most of my friends who started off trying never really stopped :D.

Always wanted to know how it'd be to get totally wasted. Have seen these people puke, though. Wasn't a pretty sight.

You guys have sheesha there? Very much similar to the Sub-continental Hukka? Not that I've tried that either, but it smells great.

The only addiction I got is, caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                          The only addiction I got is, caffeine.
                          Cigarettes is pretty much like caffeine .... they way you feel like you must have that expresso in the morning and the way you feel all uncomfortable if you don't have it .... and the way you feel relaxed and ready to take on the world if you've had your morning expresso ...

thats exactly how it feels with cigarettes ...

alcohol is a whole another ball game ...

just make sure youy take two aspros before you pass out (or make someone give them to you) ... and I guarantee you ... you'll NEVER HAVE A HANG-OVER ... !!

Comment

I have about 2 mixed drinks a year, or less. Never really liked the stuff.

Since it appears I've never answered the thread question: I'm basically a Deist, but I do not fully reject the benign, and uplifting, teachings of any religion.
                            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Vision, I dont think you have any idea how addicting cigarettes can be.

I have a german uncle who started amoking at around 13 or so and hes now around 55 or something like that. He cannot live without smoking for an hour. The addiction is such that it is unbearable for him. Due to this he cannot fly out of the country except in a smoking flight and he cannot even watch a movie at the mall!

Cigarettes are pure evil, they should be banned together with marijuana, coccaine etc. There is nothing wrong with alcohol, it only screws up the people who choose to drink it, but cigarettes are a public health hazard and should not be allowed.
                              Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
                              Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

My sentiments exactly Roshan. Also, from the healthcare angle, cancer of the lungs or throat is rather costly. I've never smoked and don't intend to. In my family, on my father's side, my grandfather smoked and my uncle (dad's brother) smoked each until they were 40 or so, when they both had heart attacks. Then, they quit. My dad only smoked a few times when he was younger then never did so again and he hasn't had any such health problems. Plus, second-hand smoke is very annoying and unhealthy. Just my opinion on it.
                                Am out of town for a while and then have tons of work coming up at school. Will be back once that's all done.

Comment

Working...
                                X