No announcement yet.

Fitness & Exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's DOMS (Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness). What you're feeling are micro tears in your muscles (yeah, it hurts) and your body is rebuilding those tears. Right now, because you're a newbie, your muscles are easy to tear (and hence why you get newbie gains that come fast and hard). In about 6 months time, newbie gains stop since your muscles are now tougher not to tear and the real work begins that you have to tire the muscle out so that you can inflict micro tears again.

RE: vitiamins, minerals, and protien. Your nutrient plan gives you all that you need. Add anymore and your body just flushes it out of your system. Hence why over the counter vitamins, minerals, and protiens are overpriced junk designed to keep the seller in his yacht. Steriods are not protiens. What they do is to speed up your body's recovery from micro tears and hence, your body can accept more protien.
    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      Channeling your inner Medic/Corpsman?

And Oracle don't forget 800mg Motrin for muscle pain after workouts
      Gunny,

Nah....if I was I would have said make sure you have clean socks.

Oracle....Motrin/Ibuprofen is good. Also within an hour of exercising you need to get some protein on board....protein bar or drink is fine.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        It's DOMS (Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness). What you're feeling are micro tears in your muscles (yeah, it hurts) and your body is rebuilding those tears. Right now, because you're a newbie, your muscles are easy to tear (and hence why you get newbie gains that come fast and hard). In about 6 months time, newbie gains stop since your muscles are now tougher not to tear and the real work begins that you have to tire the muscle out so that you can inflict micro tears again.

RE: vitiamins, minerals, and protien. Your nutrient plan gives you all that you need. Add anymore and your body just flushes it out of your system. Hence why over the counter vitamins, minerals, and protiens are overpriced junk designed to keep the seller in his yacht. Steriods are not protiens. What they do is to speed up your body's recovery from micro tears and hence, your body can accept more protien.
        Hmmmm.

Whey protein I can understand, but I am not getting quality greens/veggies because of supply chain issues due to the lockdown. All I'm eating now is rice/wheat/pasta for carbs, eggs/fish/chicken/soyabean etc for protein. Not getting enough vitamins and minerals in my diet.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          Gunny,

Nah....if I was I would have said make sure you have clean socks.

Oracle....Motrin/Ibuprofen is good. Also within an hour of exercising you need to get some protein on board....protein bar or drink is fine.
          Yeah, I'm taking protein within 30 mins of my workout. I'm having 6 meals a day, from earlier when I would have 3 big meals/day. 3 of those important meals now (bf/lunch/dinner), I am adding a good quantity of protein and a little carbs. Let's see if I get some greens/veggies today in the market.

Ibuprofen is bad for longtime use, isn't it? I didn't take it for the pain, endured it.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            Ibuprofen is bad for longtime use, isn't it? I didn't take it for the pain, endured it.
            Took it for close to 20 years, by the handful, (wake up take 3 with a cup of coffee to start the day) didn't cause problems. But I wouldn't recommend it

Now its heat packs and ice packs. Heat first to get the blood flowing/relax the muscle then Ice to reduce the swelling

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
              Took it for close to 20 years, by the handful, (wake up take 3 with a cup of coffee to start the day) didn't cause problems. But I wouldn't recommend it
              20 years back, even if I had flu, I'd buy medicines from the Pharmacy and do self-medication, with antibiotics. What happened was that, I'd get fever, running nose 5-6 timea a year. Abnormal, right? Got tested, and came to know I have dust allergy. Left taking anti-biotics 10 years back, and would always go for paracetamol when I had high fever. Now I have fever once a year, or sometimes twice.

Now its heat packs and ice packs. Heat first to get the blood flowing/relax the muscle then Ice to reduce the swelling
              This is good suggestion and this would definitely work.

Comment

I bought a crap jump rope last to last week. Very cheap, and the rope was short, meant for kids I guess. So, I had to wait to get a nylon rope (ones we hang our clothes after washing), cut it in length and attached it to the handles. I used jump rope when I was a kid, and since then I used it for the first time yesterday. I did 30-40-50 jumps with breaks. The back of my thighs and calves were paining. Need to increase the count as well the time. 30 mins of jump rope everyday will cut atleast 400 calories.

Edit: Are there summer varieties of lettuce?
                Last edited by Oracle; 01 Aug 20,, 02:25.

Comment

Working...
                X